SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Portland State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

7 minutes ago, Irish said:

I don't think we can afford much more of this either - In my opinion this is on Bubba after sitting on his hands at the end of last season.  This is almost unwatchable football.

Not sure how we can say UND can’t afford a wholesale change when they aren’t going anywhere as is.

Risk vs Reward ... one bad season for many good ones is obviously better than what’s going on currently. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Montana gave UND a 28 point lead by dropping the ball constantly for no reason. UND hasn't dominated any opponent this year, including Mississippi Valley State,

Think whatever allows you to sleep at night. Keep hiding your flawed logic behind the success of yellow cow college. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

We will see if they can get the "huge win" next week at UNA like the UND360 guys said on the radio today. Because as they said, nobody beats UNA in Flagstaff. That would be big for the UND resume, beating that UNA team that lost 40-8 to Missouri State this year. 

You seem to have taken a great interest in UND football. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Think whatever allows you to sleep at night. Keep hiding your flawed logic behind the success of yellow cow college. 

For NDSU's sake, I hope UND gets in over a MVFC team. I would much rather play UND for NDSU's first playoff game over any MVFC team that may make the playoffs. That UND offense will not reach triple digits in yardage against NDSU. 

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

For NDSU's sake, I hope UND gets in over a MVFC team. I would much rather play UND for NDSU's first playoff game over any MVFC team that may make the playoffs. That UND offense will not reach triple digits in yardage against NDSU. 

They would get to triple digits in garbage time:D

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The timing of the music being played is horrible. Absolutely horrible.

UND is supposed to have a homefield advantage. Why boom the music when UND is in the huddle? Damn for dumb ...

You have to explain this slowly to the band people.  They are "unique", and honestly they probably just dont realize what they are doing.

• Upvote 1

How does the defense jump off sides that many times in one series, let alone  one game. . And how do you not figure out the rush needs to contain the QB? 

Kett's clock MGMT in the last drive was poor, and he was off the entire game.  What would it take for Zimmerman to get a chance to play?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

As much as the “almighty” uni does not deserve to be in the playoffs ...defensively they would crush und.  Und made Port st look like they had ndsu’s D today. 

What do you base that on?  I’m just curious.  

5 hours ago, Meat man 01 said:

how long is it going to be before UND gets to be a great football team again time to dump these lousy ass coaches and recruit players that can compete and start to win some games this has gone on long enough

I don't think player talent is the issue.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

We will see if they can get the "huge win" next week at UNA like the UND360 guys said on the radio today. Because as they said, nobody beats UNA in Flagstaff. That would be big for the UND resume, beating that UNA team that lost 40-8 to Missouri State this year. 

UND is not playing North Alabama next week.

UND is playing Northern Arizona, aka NAU

2 hours ago, Hawkster said:

It's frustrating that Muss could get guys like Golladay but then we couldn't keep them, and now it seems we can't even get the really elite players any more.   .

If Golladay is the measuring stick for productive WR’s FYI

Kenny Golladay’s first 2 years
UND threw 827 times
Golladay-99 catches or 11.9 % of UND total
Golladay - 9 TD or 1.09% per UND throw
Golladay -1313 yds or 1.59 yds per UND throw
Wanzek first 2 years
UND threw 620 times
Wanzek- 77 catches or 12.42% of UND total
Wanzek- 8 TD or 1.29% per UND throw
Wanzek- 1015 yds or 1.64 yds per UND throw

10 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Playoffs!!!  Playoffs!!!   The UND team I watched today has no business in the playoffs,  I know everybody on here thinks it is outrageous that a 6-5 MVFC team gets in the playoffs, but any 6-5 MVFC team this year is better than and deserves to be in the playoffs more than a 7-4 UND team. 

We know that genuise like you would just seed the entire MVFC every year. You cannot seed on previous seasons. you lose 5 games you should drop from consideration. It is an imperfect, political, process decided by a roomful of biased reps with blinders on. A 7-4 independent team with its FCS losses being by one score probably deserves to make a field of 24. Your screaming yellow hate is showing.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SlowHand said:

You have to explain this slowly to the band people.  They are "unique", and honestly they probably just dont realize what they are doing.

It is not the band, it is the audio tech in the production booth usually. I cannot believe there is no one in that booth that understands football enough to have them stop playing the music when UND is in their huddle.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, The Fan said:

UND threw 827 times
Wanzek first 2 years
UND threw 620 times

Very nice work. 

Thank you for putting things into a proper perspective. 

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

It is not the band, it is the audio tech in the production booth usually. I cannot believe there is no one in that booth that understands football enough to have them stop playing the music when UND is in their huddle.

I can't believe non of the uber fans have not taken the time to seek this person out and correct their thinking.  #helpbubbasboyshear

9 hours ago, The Fan said:

UND threw 827 times
Wanzek first 2 years
UND threw 620 times

Kenny was along side Greg Hardin and Jameer Jackson who put up huge number his last two years. Wanzek was our top guy after his first few games. The Muss offense also spread the ball around a lot more than the Rudy one.