SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Portland State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

3 hours ago, zonadub said:

Kettringham can only throw to the guy he watches leave the huddle. There is no one following the "initial look"

He is not helped with this offense, at all.

No early down passing to tight ends. No screen game to backs on third and long when the throws you mention are forced. And who knows what kind of instruction/coaching the QBs actually receive in regards to their progressions and reads. The passing plays have a horrible built in progression from a design standpoint; I mean, the backs aren’t even used as a checkdown which is third and long offensive football 101.

21 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

He is not helped with this offense, at all.

No early down passing to tight ends. No screen game to backs on third and long when the throws you mention are forced. And who knows what kind of instruction/coaching the QBs actually receive in regards to their progressions and reads. The passing plays have a horrible built in progression from a design standpoint; I mean, the backs aren’t even used as a checkdown which is third and long offensive football 101.

Yep, Rudy seems to hurt the team as the QB coach as well

15 hours ago, Feff said:

On obvious passing downs, has anyone noticed if we ever leak the running backs out after the initial look to block? I can't recall ever seeing it happen. 

Great question. Better question for Rudy.   There is a link to his email couple posts back. Funny thing is....every time I think of Rudy being asked any questions about the offense, outside of his two play playbook   ......I can’t help but think that he has the same look of a confused dog. 

15 hours ago, Feff said:

On obvious passing downs, has anyone noticed if we ever leak the running backs out after the initial look to block? I can't recall ever seeing it happen. 

Yes, Brady on a big gainer.  DeVore another but incompletion.   both against PSU.   

57 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Yes, Brady on a big gainer.  DeVore another but incompletion.   both against PSU.   

Brady motioned out of backfield and ran a rub route. No out of backfield routes or checkdowns at all; this is just not a part of UND’s 3rd and long offense, which is strange and unorthodox offensive football.