SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Portland State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

Just now, BigGame said:

How many offers did Golladay have coming out of high school?

I believe just the 1. And he was slow as a freshman.

Lots to see from Maag yet. I think he could be a great one. Wanzek is already very solid. Great hands, routes, and blocking. 

12 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

I think this is the most depressing win I’ve ever experienced. 

The goal however is the playoffs and that’s still possible. 

Lets push for a all out butt whipping next week and go from there. 

Agree but the coaching staff just reeks, as last week left a very bitter taste..  Happy for the players.

• Upvote 1

The offense was horrible today and the only bright spot from my perspective is how hard Brady plays and competes.  Kett makes a few throws but is not consistent and he doesn't really look over the defense pre-snap.   If he did the sack total could have been cut in half because PSU wasn't hiding the blitz.  

Defensively out tackling still sucks and we apparently do not have one player as fast as that QB today.  Gap control sucks most of the time with our defense and we can't seem to contain.  That said the defense made some big plays today.  

I am glad UND won the game but they will need to play a lot better or a playoff game will be an ass kicking.  

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I mean. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you.

Average at best can pretty much sums up most people on the entire football team. There really isn't any studs or go to players.

NFL receivers like Golladay don't come around very often unfortunately.

There are lots of very good players.  Coaches are not always making the sum of the parts better than the individual parts.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

I think this is the most depressing win I’ve ever experienced. 

The goal however is the playoffs and that’s still possible. 

Lets push for a all out butt whipping next week and go from there. 

Playoffs!!!  Playoffs!!!   The UND team I watched today has no business in the playoffs,  I know everybody on here thinks it is outrageous that a 6-5 MVFC team gets in the playoffs, but any 6-5 MVFC team this year is better than and deserves to be in the playoffs more than a 7-4 UND team. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, nd1sufan said:

Playoffs!!!  Playoffs!!!   The UND team I watched today has no business in the playoffs,  I know everybody on here thinks it is outrageous that a 6-5 MVFC team gets in the playoffs, but any 6-5 MVFC team this year is better than and deserves to be in the playoffs more than a 7-4 UND team. 

UNI will likely get a seed right? 

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Idk about very. There were plenty of issues today. Tackling is a huge concern.

Any time you spend more than 33 minutes on the field and only give up 10 points I’ll take it.  Yes some missed tackles and I don’t understand why Schmidt waited so long to spy the qb, he was the entire offense.

12 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

MVFC is not that good this season.

12 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The mighty Missouri Valley sucks this year. It’s a two team league. The rest are not very good. The Big Sky has more good teams this year.

We will see if they can get the "huge win" next week at UNA like the UND360 guys said on the radio today. Because as they said, nobody beats UNA in Flagstaff. That would be big for the UND resume, beating that UNA team that lost 40-8 to Missouri State this year. 

22 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

GFY.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

We will see if they can get the "huge win" next week at UNA like the UND360 guys said on the radio today. Because as they said, nobody beats UNA in Flagstaff. That would be big for the UND resume, beating that UNA team that lost 40-8 to Missouri State this year. 

Do teams win in AZ alot?  Idk

3 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

This program can not afford a wholesale coaching change. They need to dump Rudy and that is just what they need. Move kostich to another position or dump him too.

I don't think we can afford much more of this either - In my opinion this is on Bubba after sitting on his hands at the end of last season.  This is almost unwatchable football.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Any time you spend more than 33 minutes on the field and only give up 10 points I’ll take it.  Yes some missed tackles and I don’t understand why Schmidt waited so long to spy the qb, he was the entire offense.

They spent 33 minutes on the field because they gave up gashing runs by a QB that the coordinator didn't understand was killing us until the 4th Q and the times players had a shot at him, they couldn't make a freaking tackle.

46 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I believe just the 1. And he was slow as a freshman.

Lots to see from Maag yet. I think he could be a great one. Wanzek is already very solid. Great hands, routes, and blocking. 

Good players. But need a speed guy or two with how slow and poorly run the offense is. UND doesn’t have a big play speed threat at receiver and it hurts them on offense ... along with many other schematic/coaching issues.