SiouxSports.com Forum

Time For Some New Blood

geaux_sioux

3 hours ago, Kab said:

Minot and Mary have a combined one win this year

may be some coaches looking for work

You want to hire D2 coaches, and ones from a losing program at that?   Does the name Paul Rudolph mean anything to you?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Chaves can probably insist on assistant coaches getting the axe.  If the head coach doesn’t like that, he might be gone too.

Most boards of directors only have one employee: the CEO. They get what they want by explaining that to the CEO. 

In this case Chaves is the board of directors. 

5 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

I've said this before, as others have as well, but I really feel a change should be considered at the top of the strength and conditioning program.  Or at least put someone else in charge of the football team whose S&C program might be more football specific rather than for World's Strongest Man competitions. 

Not trying to place the entire blame on injuries, they are part of football, but guys were dropping like flies again yesterday.  Things like pulling a hamstring can be directly related to conditioning right?

Honestly, after special teams I have felt for a while that S&C might be the biggest liability of this program right now.

Hamstring injuries are generally related to conditioning. We usually don’t have them because there is a huge focus on hamstring development. Maag is a true fr and hasn’t been in the SC program yet.

40 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

You want to hire D2 coaches, and ones from a losing program at that?   Does the name Paul Rudolph mean anything to you?

That’s what I was getting at look at the records now ,the same when Rudolph was there

should be a d1 coach only

35 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Hamstring injuries are generally related to conditioning. We usually don’t have them because there is a huge focus on hamstring development. Maag is a true fr and hasn’t been in the SC program yet.

Hasn't been in it? Not even this summer and fall camp? Now?

Ira,

I think you are spot on. Yesterday’s contents were knee jerk andmade in hurt and anger... let the dust settle and find out what the issues are... fix them.

A new head coach every 5 years speaks volumes.... improve what we have. AD needs to monitor this and Bubba sets some parameters.....

58 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

I've said this before, as others have as well, but I really feel a change should be considered at the top of the strength and conditioning program.  Or at least put someone else in charge of the football team whose S&C program might be more football specific rather than for World's Strongest Man competitions. 

Not trying to place the entire blame on injuries, they are part of football, but guys were dropping like flies again yesterday.  Things like pulling a hamstring can be directly related to conditioning right?

Honestly, after special teams I have felt for a while that S&C might be the biggest liability of this program right now.

Good Post . Idaho didn’t have any injuries. Perhaps the above explains why. 

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

They had/have only been playing in the Big Sky, what, seven years? 

And have had a chance to play how many of those teams on average that finish in the top 15?  .7 games a year?

And UND can't play themselves one of those years.

If you make the playoffs, there is plenty of opportunities to win those games.

2 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

And adding a loss to those teams hurts their ranking.

You'd like to be in a position where a loss to UND doesn't cause teams to tumble.

I like it iramurphy.

But Kostich needs to go.  All other facets and position groups have had highs and lows during the past five years.  We've seen glimpes of, if not great play, at least high level play from every area except special teams.  It's been a disaster since that guy walked into Memorial Stadium.

• Upvote 4

I'm with Ira.  I like Bubba and think he can get it done.  I still believe if we had our normal WR group we catch a couple of those balls in the 4th qtr and win the game.

Let's win the last 2 and see what happens.  I'll be tailgating Saturday in the cold and then head into the game.  Hope to see you all there.

SAT

NOV 10
Partly Cloudy
23 high / 10 low
0%
SSE 8 mph
  • Upvote 1

I'll bite.........give Bubba 5 more years and this conversation will be rehashed in the same fashion it is right now. NDSU will have 10 or more FCS national championships and UND might have one more playoff appearance......but I'll still have season tickets hoping and dreaming.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sprig said:

CC will be in playmakers

Me too, as I have NEVER encountered a worse run bar than the Tavern at the Alerus. ONE bartender and maybe 2 barmaids for a bar full of thirsty pre-game fans. It's nuts.

• Upvote 3

Just hypothetical.......Bubba remains HC. Staff same except Kostich goes. Finish 7-4 (best case scenario) next year and SU beats UND by 4 scores and no playoffs. Everyone still on the wagon?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just hypothetical.......Bubba remains HC. Staff same except Kostich goes. Finish 7-4 (best case scenario) next year and SU beats UND by 4 scores and no playoffs. Everyone still on the wagon?

Nope...but I keep Bubba, get rid of OC and SC and move on to see what happens next year. If NO playoffs and a loss to Bison, I'd be off the wagon in that scenario too.

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

This is huge.  Way too many injuries including involving the s&c.