SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Weber State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

10 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Here I am/just got back from the football game enjoying taco pizza and some Robert Mondovi Pino/Nior.

Ceds:

80 years old

15 semesters at UND (slower than average bear)

Football & Hockey season ticket holder, (exceptfor 2 ears in the Army have attended Sioux atheletic events).  Seson ticket holder since 1972,

Never played football or hockey, (second team all city it basketball} 7 on the team

Todays game:

# 6 brought back life to the Sioux today which was great--but  If there is a question who should be at line backer #6 or # 12 please take time to review the game film,

#33 had rushed for 450 yards in the last 3 games/in last weeks game, taking out the 90 yard TD run he averaged over 10 yards per carry.  Today with about 2 minutes to go in the 1st half #33 was moving the ball/but wait/they take him out and on the 1st series of downs through an interception.  (Just Saying)

Not a member of the GOBC/but was in favor of Bubba.

He needs to retire.

Agree on JJ(#33) for sure.  He is tough to bring down going north and south.  Wears the other defense down, especially as the game wears on.

25 minutes ago, shep said:

D gives up 450 yards and that's NOT a big deal? It's everyone's fault? 

Defense was not good, but how many teams win today at all levels of college football possessing the ball for 9 minutes of the second half?  It is almost impossible.   As bad as the defense was if the offense sustains an 8 minute, 15 play TD drive in the 3rd/4th when we were down 28-23 we probably win the game.  

Second half drives were:

9 plays 3:28(FG)

3 plays 2:05

5 plays 1:55

6 plays 2:51

0 plays 0:00

5 plays 0:38

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Defense was not good, but how many teams win today at all levels of college football possessing the ball for 9 minutes of the second half?  It is almost impossible.   As bad as the defense was if the offense sustains an 8 minute, 15 play TD drive in the 3rd/4th when we were down 28-23 we probably win the game.  

I don't disagree, but is it really just play calling or personnel. 

I'm tired of one coach taking the blame and the other is not ever questioned.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, shep said:

I get it.  I thought defense was very poorly prepared and the game-plan was bad.  Halftime adjustments were ineffective.  We needed to concentrate  on stopping the run and pressuring the qb. 

1 minute ago, shep said:

The D crapped the bed today and Schmidt was part of that.

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

The D crapped the bed today and Schmidt was part of that.

And I guess I put more on the D as that is the team's strength and then they have a game like this and I just can't understand it. 

What is missing? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, shep said:

Play calling without a doubt!! The talent is there.  

Rudy has the talent and it seems as though he doesn’t    

you also want to hear the D sucks ....so I will give you a big YES!!! 

Und is very very average.    

I’m going to go out of character here a moment and be serious  

Tie game and driving and turn the ball over end of the first  half and the bad guys turn 7 on us  

instead of running the clock out we grab six but the the most criticized guy on the team misses the extra point for the tie  

Get the ball to start the second half, drive stalls and the most criticized guy on the team nails three to give the Sioux their first and only lead  of the game

that kid has a set of stones most of us never had.

Those 2 scores are what this team never had before, but they got the blue print now.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Play calling without a doubt!! The talent is there.  

Rudy has the talent and it seems as though he doesn’t    

you also want to hear the D sucks ....so I will give you a big YES!!! 

Und is very very average.    

Ok...not trying to argue, but you think there's more talent on O than D?

I think UND is a little above average and I think next year will be more than above average,

59 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Well certainly the first half was better than the second, IMHO. Defense will get tired.... get tired after all that time on the field in the second half.... don’t know enough to recognize if we played 2 deep ( or even should have) for the defense.

Glad I watched the game.... there were some good plays but I really need to quit sewing when doing so... my math was off and I now have 4 pleated tablecloths not the 2 I needed....

I love good defense, in any sport, and didn’t we have some good QB sacks? Love them....

on to the next game.... stay positive and focused and learn from the mistakes!

You are so funny. Wish I could have met you personally when I was up there for that hideous Idaho St game.

9 minutes ago, shep said:

Ok...not trying to argue, but you think there's more talent on O than D?

I think UND is a little above average and I think next year will be more than above average,

I think theres more talent on O overall when breaking it down by positions.  Brady, Santiago, JJ , Tobin, graham, waletzko, kett , Wanzek are better than tank , Deion, donnell, Evan, Noah,....etc.  at their positions.  But collectively the D plays better and more cohesively because of coaching. 

6 minutes ago, Finn flick said:

You are so funny. Wish I could have met you personally when I was up there for that hideous Idaho St game.

Well I wasn’t at the Idaho game... thanks... and my husband helped me staple these skirts to the 2 tables”What are those extra ones for?”  Well, well I may need extras..... oh well. The first half of the game really kept my attention and I cut 13 yards of fabric not 6.5....I never even try to sew and watch hockey...

So, two questions:

1) did I imagine a QB sac or two and

2) did we ( should havecor not) play 2 deep in this game

38 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Second half drives were:

9 plays 3:28(FG)

3 plays 2:05

5 plays 1:55

6 plays 2:51

0 plays 0:00

5 plays 0:38

I have no compassion for the defense after what happened tonight, stop them once and things would change. This was the worst defensive performance of the year against the (SEE NCAA STATS) 120th (?) offensive team in the country. To argue anything when looking at the body of work the opponent has is insane. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Well I wasn’t at the Idaho game... thanks... and my husband helped me staple these skirts to the 2 tables”What are those extra ones for?”  Well, well I may need extras..... oh well. The first half of the game really kept my attention and I cut 13 yards of fabric not 6.5....I never even try to sew and watch hockey...

So, two questions:

1) did I imagine a QB sac or two and

2) did we ( should havecor not) play 2 deep in this game

I didn’t see any sacs. I lost so many plays with Pluto constantly having to be rebooted. Could have, maybe someone else saw what I didn’t.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

This was the worst defensive performance of the year against the (SEE NCAA STATS) 120th (?) offensive team in the country.

If we could have been one of the 120 teams that could figure out how to stop the single run play Weber was effective at, we almost certainly win the game.  Our guys in the second level didn't play well, and schmitty could have just as well stayed home today. 

This team has the physical talent, but we have a tendency to get out coached.

• Upvote 2

Team loss. We got beat in scheme and effort today.  Weren’t really great any where. Craig said it on the pregame show it would come down to 3rd downs. They won 3rd down consistently on both sides of the ball. Extremely disappointed in how we continued to give up 3rd and 8+. 

Weber beat us today but isn’t head and shoulders above us. We didn’t lose to a bad team today. They are a top 10 team.   

Need to be better next week. 

Go Hawks!

• Upvote 3