SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Weber State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

One question:

Is it possible for North Dakota to win a championship in the future with this coaching staff ?

My answer is:  no chance whatsoever 

For me it’s time for changes.  Certainly the offensive coordinator needs to go but I believe that has been obvious for some time.  Therefore the head coach must be held responsible.  Bubba’s in his fifth year and is an improvement over Mussman but I don’t see him getting it done.  If it were up to me I might give him one more year if he got a new offensive coordinator otherwise he’s gone also. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Longtime fan said:

Really?   

So you’re saying the offense did enough to win it then? Hmmmm...  tell me how the offense did enough to win it. 

Come on, look at the opponents strengths / weaknesses. While you're at it, look at where the UND offense started the entire game. 

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Come on, look at the opponents strengths / weaknesses. While you're at it, look at where the UND offense started the entire game. 

Annnd......?   

The offense had 33 yards half way through the 2nd qtr.    if you’re blaming the D then the offense must of been solid enough to win it.  Cmon !?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

Annnd......?   

The offense had 33 yards half way through the 2nd qtr.    if you’re blaming the D then the offense must of been solid enough to win it.  Cmon !?  

Can you at least admit that Weber State came into this game with one of the top defenses in college football and one of the worst offenses? If you can't look at the stats. Now take a step back and reevaluate.  

Coming into the game wasn't Weber State's defense overall #4 in FCS and the offense was in the hundreds? To put what happened today on an even playing board is kind of ridiculous. Given the starting position overall the offense was ok. The defense given how Weber State has played over the first 7 games was embarrassing. Pretty simple. 

Good news is, this was truly the only game we've seen this out of the defense. When we are talking about a loss, there are a lot of positives to come out of this game. 

7 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Griz ahead of UCDavis in the 3rd, 21-3.

Sam Houston St won.

I’m afraid wanting Montana to win their games is going to backfire now.  They will pass us in the polls if they take down Davis.  This is precisely why some of us were pissed we shut down the offense against Montana instead of putting up 60+ points. 

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Can you at least admit that Weber State came into this game with one of the top defenses in college football and one of the worst offenses? If you can't look at the stats. Now take a step back and reevaluate.  

Admit it? I’ve been saying for awhile.  Their D and special teams are superb.   Doesn’t excuse the fact that the offense was horrid.  I thought the D was shredded as well.  Read my posts.  The speed factor killed every element of our game. But to say the D was 100% the reason is asinine.  

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Coming into the game wasn't Weber State's defense overall #4 in FCS and the offense was in the hundreds? To put what happened today on an even playing board is kind of ridiculous. Given the starting position overall the offense was ok. The defense given how Weber State has played over the first 7 games was embarrassing. Pretty simple. 

Good news is, this was truly the only game we've seen this out of the defense. When we are talking about a loss, there are a lot of positives to come out of this game. 

Constantine was benched earlier in the year for poor play.  Well him sitting seems to have done him some good, he played pretty well. But it helps when guys are wide open and you can rush up the middle like they were.   If he plays like that I think Weber will have a decent offense and make some noise.  We have to hope they win out the rest of the way!

4 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Admit it! I’ve been saying for awhile.  Their D and special teams are superb.   Doesn’t excuse the fact that the offense was horrid.  I thought the D was shredded as well.  Read my posts.  The speed factor killed every element of our game. But to say the D was 100% the reason is asinine.  

The post was a little exaggerated but this game is mostly on the defense IMO. With that being said the offense was absolute garbage

4 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Admit it! I’ve been saying for awhile.  Their D and special teams are superb.   Doesn’t excuse the fact that the offense was horrid.  I thought the D was shredded as well.  Read my posts.  The speed factor killed every element of our game. But to say the D was 100% the reason is asinine.  

I can compromise, won't agree that the offense was horrid (given WS defense), but can you land on 80/20 defense? I mean make a 3rd down stop once!

Just now, F'n Hawks said:

The post was a little exaggerated but this game is mostly on the defense IMO. With that being said the offense was absolute dogshit

The offense had one really great drive that ended in a TD.   One great "2-minute" drive that ended in a TD before half.  A good drive to start the second half that ended in a FG.  Other than that The offense was not very good at all.  The defense did not play well overall but being on the field for 37 minutes wears them out.  #44 missed a tackle in the 4th quarter he always makes and I would say the reason was he was worn out.  Need to win out now.  

10 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Time of possession and turnovers decide most football games.  Weber won both.  They are a very good football team.

My takeaway as well. I tip my cap to Weber.  They are very well coached and are a damned fine football team. 

• Upvote 2