SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Weber State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

32 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I disagree.  They were better today, and a lot of that to me was they seemed better prepared.   I say they win 7 out of 10.   

I seen nothing to indicate that und was better at any position.  Und played “lights out” on special teams.   If they didn’t play “lights out” on special teams ...Weber is laughing.  Weber is an all around better team.   Und needs speed!!!!! Speed combined with aggressiveness was the reason Weber won. They exposed speed at every level 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

I seen nothing to indicate that und was better at any position.  Und played “lights out” on special teams.   If they didn’t play “lights out” on special teams ...Weber is laughing.  Weber is an all around better team.   Und needs speed!!!!! Speed combined aggressiveness was the reason Weber won. They exposed speed at every level 

I don’t disagree but I also don’t think our lineup of WRs today gave them anything to worry about.  

Defense needs to adjust to the quick motion of the RB changing strength of the defense.  

I think UND is a better team than you give them credit for but it’s been your thing since the season started.  

9 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I seen nothing to indicate that und was better at any position.  Und played “lights out” on special teams.   If they didn’t play “lights out” on special teams ...Weber is laughing.  Weber is an all around better team.   Und needs speed!!!!! Speed combined aggressiveness was the reason Weber won. They exposed speed at every level 

Lights out on special teams?  I would say they had two great plays and the rest was average at best.  A KO out of bounds, a terrible onside kick, a missed XP, a couple of poor kickoff covers and a couple of poor returns which all led directly to poor field position.  They were very well prepared for our blitzing, Constantine knew where to go with the ball.  They were much better prepared for the game.   Defenses rarely look fast when they are on the field for 21 minutes of the 2nd half.

10 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Und won’t lose the three.  No way.  They suck. 

The only game I worry about a little is NAU if they have a good game and we happen to suck that day.   The other two should be no problem, if they are then we don't deserve to be in the PO's.

4 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

The only game I worry about a little is NAU if they have a good game and we happen to suck that day.   The other two should be no problem, if they are then we don't deserve to be in the PO's.

I agree.  Win out we are in playoffs and probably can host a first round game.  I think our team is built to match up better with the MVFC.  Can win a game or two.

12 minutes ago, homer said:

I don’t disagree but I also don’t think our lineup of WRs today gave them anything to worry about.  

Defense needs to adjust to the quick motion of the RB changing strength of the defense.  

I think UND is a better team than you give them credit for but it’s been your thing since the season started.  

Please please go through fall ball spring ball and many other posts.     I have given these guys numerous positive remarks.   I have also given them numerous negative remarks.   I’m also I realist.  But never take a negative as that I don’t care.     

13 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Lights out on special teams?  I would say they had two great plays and the rest was average at best.  A KO out of bounds, a terrible onside kick, a missed XP, a couple of poor kickoff covers and a couple of poor returns which all led directly to poor field position.  They were very well prepared for our blitzing, Constantine knew where to go with the ball.  They were much better prepared for the game.   Defenses rarely look fast when they are on the field for 21 minutes of the 2nd half.

Lights out per unds special teams 

30 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Remember we just lost to the #4 team in the FCS.  At this point in the season, the cream has risen to the top and Weber really is a top 5 team. 

I think the Kett pick in the 2nd qtr was huge.  We had all the momentum  I will be scoffed at here, but if that play is a completion and we keep running and passing down the field and score at that point we win by a couple tds.  Momentum is huge in football and after that play we were  never able to completely get it back.  Hats off to their coaching staff, preparation caused that pick.  Probably was the deciding play in the game.

Top 5 team so it’s ok they beat us?? You can play all the “IFs” but at this level and team, can’t look for excuses not to win 

Well certainly the first half was better than the second, IMHO. Defense will get tired.... get tired after all that time on the field in the second half.... don’t know enough to recognize if we played 2 deep ( or even should have) for the defense.

Glad I watched the game.... there were some good plays but I really need to quit sewing when doing so... my math was off and I now have 4 pleated tablecloths not the 2 I needed....

I love good defense, in any sport, and didn’t we have some good QB sacks? Love them....

on to the next game.... stay positive and focused and learn from the mistakes!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, shep said:

So the D gives up 35 points, the O scores 30 with 2 special team TD's and we can't say the game was lost because of the D, but due to bad play calling on the O and poor special teams. 

Do I have that right?

Wrong and right.  The O scored 12 points ....2tds.  Every aspect was bad and unds offense was bad.  The O lost the game as well as the D.     

Right? 

Just now, Longtime fan said:

Wrong and right.  The O scored 12 points ....2tds.  Every aspect was bad and unds offense was bad.  The O lost the game as well as the D.     

Right? 

Football is the ultimate team game.  Easier for offense to score after turnover(defense produced 0), easier for defense to play with a lead(had 1 lead) and when it has been resting for 5 plus minutes(UND longest drive was 4:59) Turnovers and time of possession are always huge.  

9 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Right? 

D gives up 450 yards and that's NOT a big deal? It's everyone's fault? 

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Football is the ultimate team game.  Easier for offense to score after turnover(defense produced 0), easier for defense to play with a lead(had 1 lead) and when it has been resting for 5 plus minutes(UND longest drive was 4:59) Turnovers and time of possession are always huge.  

Completely agree.  Football is without a doubt...the #1 team sport.  It takes every position at every level to play to its best to succeed. 

• Upvote 2

Here I am/just got back from the football game enjoying taco pizza and some Robert Mondovi Pino/Nior.

Ceds:

80 years old

15 semesters at UND (slower than average bear)

Football & Hockey season ticket holder, (exceptfor 2 ears in the Army have attended Sioux atheletic events).  Seson ticket holder since 1972,

Never played football or hockey, (second team all city it basketball} 7 on the team

Todays game:

# 6 brought back life to the Sioux today which was great--but  If there is a question who should be at line backer #6 or # 12 please take time to review the game film,

#33 had rushed for 450 yards in the last 3 games/in last weeks game, taking out the 90 yard TD run he averaged over 10 yards per carry.  Today with about 2 minutes to go in the 1st half #33 was moving the ball/but wait/they take him out and on the 1st series of downs through an interception.  (Just Saying)

Not a member of the GOBC/but was in favor of Bubba.

He needs to retire.

• Upvote 3

Lol.   Are you able to comprehend English?    I mentioned the D as well.       Cmon man.  

You may have mentioned the D but you blame the O. And special teams and anything but the D. 

I could not speak English and could comprehend your views. 

I’m sorry if you don’t get it. 

Let me help you out.

The O and special teams score 30. If the defense only lets the other team score 29 or some number less than 29 which team wins?

Take your time. No need to hurry your answer. 

3 minutes ago, shep said:

Let me help you out.

The O and special teams score 30. If the defense only lets the other team score 29 or some number less than 29 which team wins?

Take your time. No need to hurry your answer. 

Thanks  for helping me out!?  

No need for time. 

Offense sucked 

d sucked

special teams were way better then they have been 

• Upvote 3