SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Weber State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

22 minutes ago, SJG73 said:

IMO we were out coached

WSU offense took what UND gave it.  I was surprised we seemed to back away from pressure as the game wore on.    Offensively IMO we went away from JJ way too soon and easily in the game.  After 1st drive of 2nd half UND had 19 plays and 5 of them were on that last mess of a desperation drive.  Can't do that unless 3 or 4 of the plays were TD's.

51 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

Radio said time after time that their LB speed was killing us getting to the edges. John or Izzy mightve challenged it a little more. 

However our passing game was doing very well end of 1st half and it seemed we got more conservative.

Yet, as pointed out already, we went back to it over and over with negative results.

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

Weber is a damn good ball club. They deserve their ranking. UND had a chance today but couldn’t make enough plays in the 2nd half. It’s on both offense and defense.

Jay Hill is a good coach. Weber State out-schemed UND today

Agree with this 100%.  That first TD run by Constantine where the ILB were both watching outside receivers and he waltzed into the end zone.  Great adaptation.

Weber was simply the better team.   No one can deny that.   Other than one qtr ....Und really never seemed to show they belonged.   I’m sorry but und is quite a ways from contending.    Webers offense is poor to average and the speed factor killed us. And their D was in the face of the offense for three qtrs.  

Und should win their next three.  Maybe handily !? Playoffs might happen with a 8-3 team but this is not a contending team.    Big sky is a joke.   Weber and e wash are the only true contenders from that conf.    

This was a reality check 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Show them how to what? How to be completely worthless and inefficient in an office setting? Or show them how to bitch and complain to the tailgating organizer's management? Or maybe show them how to work harder instead of smarter and how to be proud of doing half the work but you worked harder at it? 

Your idioticy is showing you fools. Millennials are ages 22-37......so there aren't many (if any)  "millennials" left in college anyway. 

1. Gen X

2. Millennials

3. Silent Generation

4. Gen Z

5. Worthless generation, AKA Baby-boomers (use the term "millennial" in place of "damn kids these days") 

I work in this area and the definition of the Millennial generation has been moving around a bit.  So, I would not necessarily get too upset with someone thinking Millennial are in college.  Now based on the definition from Pew Research in 2016 a Millennial would be 20 to 37.  Using my own household as an example. It would be 19 - Freshman year, 20 Sophmore year, 21 Junior and 22 Senior.  So, they would typically be Sophmore/Junior/Seniors this year based on the 2016 definition.

Image result for generations defined

In 2017 you started to see the definition of Millennial change to "1981 to 1996".  Which would change the population in school today.  And I would expect that this will continue to evolve over time based on my observations in the field.  So, I would settle down just a tad.  I can see why someone would miss the target slightly when the target is moving.    Now, I will now bow out of this discussion - carry on.

• Upvote 1

If I would have told your our special teams scored two TDs today and we still lost......

i don’t want to hear they were the #4 team....their defense was top 5....they were a team that came into our house and beat us in every aspect of the game (except special teams...wow!) and it all started before the game even started with the coaches. Our coordinators were way out coached and never adjusted 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Annnd......?   

The offense had 33 yards half way through the 2nd qtr.    if you’re blaming the D then the offense must of been solid enough to win it.  Cmon !?  

But YOU only see the O as the problem. The D was out schemed on almost every possession. No way the D should get a pass on this one, but it's ingrained to so many fans' minds that Rudy is the problem that we don't dare question the D. It sucked today. 

Just now, LeaveNoDoubt said:

If I would have told your our special teams scored two TDs today and we still lost......

i don’t want to hear they were the #4 team....their defense was top 5....they were a team that came into our house and beat us in every aspect of the game (except special teams...wow!) and it all started before the game even started with the coaches. Our coordinators were way out coached and never adjusted 

This was huge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shep said:

But YOU only see the O as the problem. The D was out schemed on almost every possession. No way the D should get a pass on this one, but it's ingrained to so many fans' minds that Rudy is the problem that we don't dare question the D. It sucked today. 

Wrong again my friend.  I’ve said from the beginning of the year that special teams could/would be the #1 issue.   The D sucked today and sucked against Idaho st.  Rudy just always sucks. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Here we go with the whole Big Sky is a joke again.  So what other conferences has more than two teams that are truly contenders?  What other conferences are so much better than the Big Sky??  MVFC...yeah the probably are, but they also have some paper tigers too.    SDSU......who got beat by UNI.....who just got pummeled today by Western, and also lost to Montana?  SDSU would not beat Weber.  NDSU is just head and shoulders above everybody this year, the MVFC benefits from that again in 2018. 

Big sky sucks.   

Better conferences are the caa and mvfc by a wide margin  

Big sky is all about showcasing offensive talent.  That goes no where when it matters.  Just a simple view of playoff scores prove it.  

Big sky sucks 

• Like 1

For those saying special teams helped us today, 

1. KO return was a Weber St missed tackle (at the 15)

2. FG block was a probable future NFL player making a play. 

3. The offense's average starting field position? Anyone have this? my guess the 10-15

4. The defense's average starting field position? Anyone have this? my guess the 35-40

5. Missed point after

6. Weber gifted us an illegal down field on the fake punt. 

Nothing UND did on special teams was reassuring, 2 guys made 2 good plays, that's it.

Remember we just lost to the #4 team in the FCS.  At this point in the season, the cream has risen to the top and Weber really is a top 5 team. 

I think the Kett pick in the 2nd qtr was huge.  We had all the momentum  I will be scoffed at here, but if that play is a completion and we keep running and passing down the field and score at that point we win by a couple tds.  Momentum is huge in football and after that play we were  never able to completely get it back.  Hats off to their coaching staff, preparation caused that pick.  Probably was the deciding play in the game.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Weber was simply the better team.   No one can deny that.   Other than one qtr ....Und really never seemed to show they belonged.   I’m sorry but und is quite a ways from contending.    Webers offense is poor to average and the speed factor killed us. And their D was in the face of the offense for three qtrs.  

Und should win their next three.  Maybe handily !? Playoffs might happen with a 8-3 team but this is not a contending team.    Big sky is a joke.   Weber and e wash are the only true contenders from that conf.    

This was a reality check 

I would welcome another match up with Weber with a healthy Izzy and TT. No excuse for the loss today but Maag has some miscommunications and Stanley just wasn’t a threat. 

UND may not be a contender but they could easily be a team that makes a run at the quarterfinals and from there is depends on the matchup.  

Every conference has two contenders and some average and fluff teams.  You really went on a limb there. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, homer said:

I would welcome another match up with Weber with a healthy Izzy and TT. No excuse for the loss today but Maag has some miscommunications and Stanley just wasn’t a threat. 

UND may not be a contender but they could easily be a team that makes a run at the quarterfinals and from there is depends on the matchup.  

Every conference has two contenders and some average and fluff teams.  You really went on a limb there. 

I say Weber crushes und 5 of 10 games and wins 9 of 10.  

Went on a limb? 

• Downvote 2