SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS purple cows GAMEDAY THREAD (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

Liked the effort overall tonight.  Would love to see Hain back in the lineup.  Good possession time, just need to make some saves.  I am more positive after a 3 goal loss than I would have expected.  Hopefully Rhett can sit out the rest of the games.  I am happy Simo & Olson are gone, but Rhett just won't learn and his stupid penalties are getting ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Berry post game show:

-Effort was there.

-Finally found some offense.

-Gotta clean things up defensively.

-We will get back to work tomorrow

Let's see how close I am....

My percentage was better than our save percentage tonight.  Not bad! :lol:

• Upvote 1

This doesn't look ljme the North Dakota hockey team I'm used to seeing.  A few yaers ago this would have been unacceptable, but now people on the board are celebrating moral victories.  0-2-1 against Bemidji and Mankato.  When do we get our first win? Canisius?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

Liked the effort overall tonight.  Would love to see Hain back in the lineup.  Good possession time, just need to make some saves.  I am more positive after a 3 goal loss than I would have expected.  Hopefully Rhett can sit out the rest of the games.  I am happy Simo & Olson are gone, but Rhett just won't learn and his stupid penalties are getting ridiculous.

I completely agree with this, but I’d add Smith in on it too. 

Was surprised Hain was out of the lineup but after watching the Berry mic'd up thing during intermission I'm thinking he might be hurt. He was in a white jersey while everyone else was green or black.
Mankato has good speed and skill throughout and is very opportunistic. Good offensive team but can be taken advantage of in the D Zone at times.
Too many defensive miscues from UND tonight.
Thome struggled. Scheel came up with some big saves should be in net tomorrow.
Better offensively tonight but should've finished with at least a couple more goals with the chances that were there.
Powerplay looked alright at times. Much better movement than last weekend.
Can't have that play from Gardner. Misses majority of game and hard to replace him.
I knew Mankato would be a very solid team and that is one of the biggest reasons I was so disappointed with the way we started the season against Bemidji. It isn't that we can't beat Mankato or Minnesota but those were games I expected to be pretty tough and could be losses. The BSU games were 2 I thought had to be wins and we didn't even get a win out of the series. 

• Upvote 1

3 and 7 were good.  Best I've seen Yon so far.  But I have absolutely no idea how Kawaguchi wasn't in the player of the game conversation.  Complete beast mode making things happen in all three zones in all three periods.  Time for Berry to take the A off of Gardner's sweater.