SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS purple cows GAMEDAY THREAD (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

46 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Nice pics Goon, those UND uni are pretty sharp. Blue Cows not so much.

I think the Mavericks jerseys are hideous. 

Just now, Godsmack said:

They look like Merrimack’s road uni’s.

The team looked better offensively than during the BSU/Manitoba game, so at least there's that positive.
It's great that they're limiting shots for the other team, but doesn't help if the goalies have a .600 save % and the d-corps gives the opposing team grade A chances.

I would love to see a win tonight, but I'm guessing still another few weeks before this team hits its stride. 

8 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Off the wagon?  It’s game 3, well maybe four. Not yet buddy.  Concerned though that’s for sure.  Non conference record isn’t looking good.  As far as ncaas go, they’re already in a decent sized hole.  No way MSU can hold that 7 ranking, not with the schedule they play.

Don't know how you get long season after last night's game, unless you think that is what you can expect from goaltending all year. Guarantee if the results were opposite last night fans would be saying we were lucky their goaltending was bad because we were outplayed.  

3 hours ago, tnt said:

Don't know how you get long season after last night's game, unless you think that is what you can expect from goaltending all year. Guarantee if the results were opposite last night fans would be saying we were lucky their goaltending was bad because we were outplayed.  

? Not sure I’m following.  I was just saying that I’m concerned, but I haven’t given up all hope on the season. Non conference games are huge and I don’t trust this team having a poor non conference record.

On 10/21/2018 at 4:49 AM, MafiaMan said:

I was just gonna say that!

There was a big push to drop black from the color pallete for the uniforms this year, also the are doing 50 years of hockey - not D1 just orginized hockey in general- so I think the wanted to go with a more retro look, maybe I'm in the minority but I think they should have used the orignal logo on the road uniforms.

image.png.851398ad8e718cfff162a0d7bd3eddad.png

Personally I wish the Sioux had kept the old typeface and not swtiched to the new typeface on there uniforms. The old one looked classy, the new just looks kind of cheesy.

image.thumb.png.0fc92199ba14177ff8b10a2b1103ab05.pngimage.thumb.png.ab081a88da8ba81e09f5bd137b8cfe72.png

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The sad part is that I'm wrong so much its ridiculous.  My seven year old will tell you the same thing.

If your child, for whom you and your partner are the source of all knowledge, understands at seven that you are wrong on some things, you are parenting well, Wilbur.  

He will become an expert on the subject before he returns to that place where he understands again how many times you are right or close to it.  

But you are a goalie and therefore weird, so ordinary rules probably don't apply to you. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/20/2018 at 3:22 PM, 808287 said:

Cam's numbers so far this year: 

2018-19 6.png Binghamton Devils AHL   4 Games   4.59 GAA   .846 SV%

Something tells me he's not smiling very much.

On 10/20/2018 at 3:47 PM, Emerald joker said:

Cam was an average goalie, the 2016 team made him look good!

image.png.0476307ed1d25176670ffb57ecf2ff09.png

Seems like it's working out for every one.

• Upvote 1