SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

27 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Because of the rumors on this board? 

No, I just can’t see Gersich wearing an A, nothing again him, he just doesn’t seem like the leader type. Jones or Colton I see as the leaders on this team. I wouldnt mind Jones getting the C but i’m not sure he will from only been here one year so far. 

18 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

KVRR tweeted that Gersich will not return for his senior year, per unnamed sources though, so keep that in mind. 

Ouch.  I see it now.  Probably accurate but we’ll have to wait and see.  Feel bad for the kid, he’s one who definitely could use another year.  In the pros he’ll have to learn to be a bottom six player as his vision is not great.

Just now, scpa0305 said:

Ouch.  I see it now.  Probably accurate but we’ll have to wait and see.  Feel bad for the kid, he’s one who definitely could use another year.  In the pros he’ll have to learn to be a bottom six player as his vision is not great.

Yeah, I wasn’t sure I was going to mention it since I haven’t seen anything anywhere else, but I am also guessing it’s coming and just not a done deal yet. 

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

Yeah, I wasn’t sure I was going to mention it since I haven’t seen anything anywhere else, but I am also guessing it’s coming and just not a done deal yet. 

Right, they just tweeted though.  It should get around.

42 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Not sure why Adams wouldn’t be here next year.  I think he’s gonna be a very good college player. He has the skill set to be a high end two-way player.  I think this year will be a wake-up and he’ll step-up.

Definitely a very skilled hockey player...no doubt about that.

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

KVRR tweeted that Gersich will not return for his senior year, per unnamed sources though, so keep that in mind. 

KVRR? Um ... 

Now if it was Alex Heinert or The Schloss ... that said, The Schloss is tweeting that the Caps and Gersich are in talks. 

Losing: 4 seniors (Cam/Olson/Pogo/Simo) as well as Gersich and Wolanin.

Leaves me with this...

2018-19 NORTH DAKOTA MEN’S HOCKEY ROSTER

Captain: C. Poolman OR R. Gardner

Assistants: N. Jones, J. Janatuinen, H. Shaw and one of the names above who isn’t named the captain.

FORWARDS:

Grant Mismash - Nick Jones - Jordan Kawaguchi

Gavin Hain - Rhett Gardner - Joel Janatuinen

Ludvig Hoff - Jasper Weatherby - Collin Adams

Jackson Keane - Dixon Bowen - Carter Huber

Zach Yon - Mark Senden - Cole Smith

DEFENSEMAN:

Colton Poolman – Gabe Bast

Hayden Shaw – Jonny Tychonik

Matt Kierstad – Andrew Peski

Casey Johnson - Josh Rieger

GOALIES:

Peter Thome

Adam Scheel

Ryan Anderson

14 hours ago, franchise said:

Or Gersich and Adams leave and then Hain is on the 2nd line

14 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I think you might be on to something here....................

Is Adams leaving actually happening or is that pure speculation?

I don't see Adams going anywhere after a freshman year. Yes, he got exposed in that he needs to get stronger and work on his defensive game; but, that happens to a lot of young players that jump up a level. 

Historically, guys that leave the program are guys who are low minutes, low output after their sophomore season. 

7 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

They aren't just rumors on this board.  If even 5-6 guys on the team like Bowen better it could lead to a fractured locker room again.  

Speaking generally, the obvious positive to an off-season is if players aren't the right fit or there are issues like happened last year, this is the time they can be truly fixed.

The locker room chemistry should be much better next year. I love the quotes from both Gardner and Jones, those two will be part of a great leadership group.

• Upvote 1

Sr leadership will be Jones, Gardner, JJ, Shaw and Anderson (5).  Jr. class will be Poolman, Peski, Casey J, Yon, Bowen, Hoff and Smith (7).  This is more upper classmen than we've had in a while.  I think this bodes well for next season!