Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Frozen4sioux

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Obviously I’m just one person’s opinion, but I didn’t find myself all that impressed with Western when we played them when they were full strength. So I’m a “wait and see” with them. They have some good players but as a team sure took a lot of penalties. CC is an improved team but I’m more inclined to put them middle of the pack then top 3 at this point. 

What could potentially hold Western back is their reliable lack of discipline; year in and year out, they take a lot of penalties.

What could potentially hurt CC, is their coaching. Haviland makes a lot of head scratching moves. So if he stays out of the way, they should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Obviously I’m just one person’s opinion, but I didn’t find myself all that impressed with Western when we played them when they were full strength. So I’m a “wait and see” with them. They have some good players but as a team sure took a lot of penalties. CC is an improved team but I’m more inclined to put them middle of the pack then top 3 at this point. 

Wade Allison was one of the three best players I saw in person at the Ralph last year so losing him for most of last year really hurt their chances and now having him back could be huge. Every time he had the puck I thought he was going to create a scoring chance. He is the real deal and probably could be playing in Philly this year as opposed to Western Michigan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Wade Allison was one of the three best players I saw in person at the Ralph last year so losing him for most of last year really hurt their chances and now having him back could be huge. Every time he had the puck I thought he was going to create a scoring chance. He is the real deal and probably could be playing in Philly this year as opposed to Western Michigan.

True, and playing them in Grand Forks rather than in Lawson is a huge difference as well.  As I recall, the last time we were there it didn't go so well and we got swept, and that was with guys like Tucker Poolman, Jost and Boeser.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Preseason predictions are not worth the effort to make them. Or worth getting worked up about.

Bingo!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AJS said:

Without looking at her reasoning, I think she has UND in the correct place. Not saying they'll finish 5th, but I could see that. Her having CC last though is as preposterous as it gets. They lose nobody to graduation and swap low end players for a pretty good recruiting class and she has them worse than the year before? Also, Western Michigan would have finished in the Top 4 without injuries last year and bring everyone back as well.

Teams she has too high -- Denver and Omaha, too low, CC & Western.

 

Edit: Also, Miami will finish last, that you can bank on.

 

I'm not even sure you can bank on Miami finishing last, but if they did, how long of a leash does Blasi have with his "brotherhood"?   While they had quite a bit of success in the CCHA, they haven't mustered much in the NCHC, and you would think the natives would start to get restless, no pun to their former nickname intended.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AJS said:

Without looking at her reasoning, I think she has UND in the correct place. Not saying they'll finish 5th, but I could see that. Her having CC last though is as preposterous as it gets. They lose nobody to graduation and swap low end players for a pretty good recruiting class and she has them worse than the year before? Also, Western Michigan would have finished in the Top 4 without injuries last year and bring everyone back as well.

Teams she has too high -- Denver and Omaha, too low, CC & Western.

 

Edit: Also, Miami will finish last, that you can bank on.

 

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tnt said:

You can look at it that they have to prove themselves first, or you could look at it that they only finished two points behind us last year and in CC's case return everyone, and in Western Michigan's case return an injured players that could have jumped to the professional ranks.  I'm hoping for them to stay behind us, but they have some things to be excited about just like us. 

That was my reasoning, especially when you look at CC, I looked at a team like SCSU two years ago, finished tied with UND in points (or maybe one point behind), returned everyone the next year and they finished first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×