SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

33 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

After Nicholls state won last night I thought I saw one of the Hero sports guys say that that will probably the only southland school in?!?

Incarnate Words las two games of the season (which one was last night) was cancelled against North Alabama (Independent transitioning to FCS) and then Iowa State so that means they finish probably 6-5.

Lamar, ACU, and McNeese are all 6-4 which Lamar and McNeese play each other next so one of those two are out.

One of ACU's wins is against a Division 2 school so they're out.

McNesses' only good win is against Nicholls and Lamar played an NAIA school so I don't see either of them getting it.

McNeese could easily get in ahead of us with a win. Should be rooting for Lamar there.

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Do you think Chaves and UND would bid much more than what they expect ticket/attendance revenue would be? An aggressive athletics department with a lot of donors could do that, but unfortunately I don’t think UND falls into that category, yet. UND will likely stick to baseline (estimate attendance) revenue figures.

UND was seeded in 2016 so we never did see what the bid materialized as. I was told that the 2015 bid was quite healthy though. 

I think Chaves would.  It is consistent with his vision, and it's hard to approach donors when you don't put some skin in the game.  We had the 2015 bid nailed for a home game and that was with Faison and donors at that time.  Does anyone think Chaves will let Faison's bid be bigger than his bid.  (yes, a 'bid' measuring contest)  I wondered at the time if the committee opened our bid after the bracket was selected, just being curious, and said......hmmmm.......kinda f'd that one up.  Maybe that helps this time around, knowing we had a healthy bid in the past.  If we don't win, I'll never get this 2 minutes back.........

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

What real teams are capable of of doing vs average teams.  Offensively...  E wash has scored more in 8 mins than und did all game vs port st.  

Why do you care about fake team like UND? Everything you type is just a joy. Find something you enjoy and don’t buzz kill the board for the rest of us. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

What real teams are capable of of doing vs average teams.  Offensively...  E wash has scored more in 8 mins than und did all game vs port st.  

Eastern Washington gave up more points in one half than UND did all game.  Are they a real team??

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Kap said:

Why do you care about fake team like UND? Everything you type is just a joy. Find something you enjoy and don’t buzz kill the board for the rest of us. 

My frustration the last few years boils down to how unds offensive talent is being wasted.

I’ve said it before but don’t take my constant disproval towards Rudy as I though I don’t care about und football. It’s quite the opposite. I attend numerous spring and fall practices and haven’t missed a home game in 7 years. I bleed Kelly green. 

• Like 1