SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Manitoba - Saturday GAMEDAY ********

AZSIOUX

I was out of town so I finally got to watch the game. Maybe I'm the only one, but based on the exhibition game I would like to see them try Yon on the heavy line. He's got speed, a good shot, and didn't seem to be afraid to go to the dirty areas. I think it'd be nice to have a shooter on that line now that LJ is gone.

23 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

So how does one get NCHCTV on Apple TV. I have Apple TV,an NCHC subscription, but no NCHCTV icon on my AppleTV menu. I've always used airplay through an IPad before. Thought I would be able to get it directly through AppleTV without the Ipad. The NCHCTV website tells me nothing.

You need the latest Apple TV.  If you have that then just search for it in the App Store.  If you don't see an App Store, then you probably have an older Apple TV.

1 hour ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

You need the latest Apple TV.  If you have that then just search for it in the App Store.  If you don't see an App Store, then you probably have an older Apple TV.

Thanks. Evidently I have an older AppleTV (3 years old,ancient) as there is no App Store. As usual, technology will cost me more $.

13 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

He looked shaky, and slow on picking up the puck,  especially laterally movements looked a bit disjointed. He got real lucky on a couple.

I'd say he just needs to get comfortable, I'm sure he'll get a chance in some more games here coming up. 

Yeah, considering people had written Cam Johnson off after his first outing against Lake Superior State a couple years ago, then his start to last season where Berry had to tell him that's enough, I think we can cut Tomek some slack. Most people remember Cam's first game, the one where the Hakstol haters railed on him for starting Cam.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, tnt said:

Yeah, considering people had written Cam Johnson off after his first outing against Lake Superior State a couple years ago, then his start to last season where Berry had to tell him that's enough, I think we can cut Tomek some slack. Most people remember Cam's first game, the one where the Hakstol haters railed on him for starting Cam.

Exactly!  A young kid in his first game of the year is not going to be perfect.

On the flip side, it was a good dose of reality for those in the season thread who predict Tomek taking the net and Cam being on the bench for the season.  Make no mistake, starting the season, that's Cam's net. Tomek may end up being great, but it'll take better play than Saturday for him to take over.  I like this idea that we are spoiled to the point of having a backup who is so good, that many think he's going to steal time from a guy who set a shutout record last year :D 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I was out of town so I finally got to watch the game. Maybe I'm the only one, but based on the exhibition game I would like to see them try Yon on the heavy line. He's got speed, a good shot, and didn't seem to be afraid to go to the dirty areas. I think it'd be nice to have a shooter on that line now that LJ is gone.

It's always cool seeing a crookston kid in Sioux green. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, TheHamIsDone said:

The new ones are from the display in the locker room area. The originals are still on display in the lobby of the Ralph

The '59 and '63 Championship trophies are not the wood ones shown in the pic.  Originals are the ones that are in the lobby.

Speaking of the REA lobby, anyone get a pic of the new year up on the wall to add to the other years?

I never go through the lobby when i go to games. And the last time I did i thought they removed those stands with the trophies and team pictures. Still doesnt make sense to bring those replicas out just to celebrate #8. :/ but as long as the original ones are still there I'm happy :)

19 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yup. I noticed that. If Jost had to learn that lesson the hard way best he did it in that forum. 

I think we all recall when the same thing happened to Boeser last year--sloppy turnover in the Dzone leading to a goal.  These are smart kids who have proven their ability to learn and adjust or they wouldn't be first rounders.  

1 hour ago, SiouxSherm94 said:

Leading me to believe that they used a few replicas or trophies specifically made for presentation purposes for the ceremony. That's just me though.

Probably the one in the players lounge. I just noticed they haven't put 2016 on the wall yet.