SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Manitoba - Saturday GAMEDAY ********

AZSIOUX

The pre game ceremony was pretty cool. Gino got a huge applause when he represented the 82' championship. St Clair got the biggest for representing the 2016 championship. All 8 were represented by a former player of team that one it that year. 

Pesku, Yon, and Bowen looked pretty good for the freshman. Yost can fly. Not a physical game at all. But it's an exibition game and now it's time for the real deal. Go Sioux!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

Got a reply from nchctv support 

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting NCHC.tv support.

We apologize for any issues you may have experienced with the streaming of the live events tonight. We are aware of an issue impacting access with Google Chromecast as well as Apple TV viewing. We are working on those issues and hope to have that resolved as soon as possible.

In the short term we would recommend utilizing a separate/different device such as a PC to view the events as we have not had any issues with access directly on computers. If you do have further issues accessing on other devices please let us know so we can troubleshoot further. Please include the device type, OS and issue or error you are encountering.

Best regards,

NCHCtv Support

Several freshmen stood out tonight.  Jost has hands, man did he make that clear on his first shift.  There are others who are going to be fun to watch.  As previously mentioned, Yon looked good.  So did Hoff, and a couple others had a few flashes.  There were some obvious bad decisions by a few players here and there.  Cam Johnson looked good in next.  Tomek did not, but it has been a long time since he played in a game.

But, it was Manitoba although they are 5-1 this year.  Manitoba played good position, but UND just had the speed, especially in the first.  In the second period and early third I think that it began to show that Manitoba was in game condition and UND was not.

One item of note is that they had Dixon Bowen playing center, for at least part of the game, even though he is a defenseman.

This team definitely has possibilities, but it may take some time.

46 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

Several freshmen stood out tonight.  Jost has hands, man did he make that clear on his first shift.  There are others who are going to be fun to watch.  As previously mentioned, Yon looked good.  So did Hoff, and a couple others had a few flashes.  There were some obvious bad decisions by a few players here and there.  Cam Johnson looked good in next.  Tomek did not, but it has been a long time since he played in a game.

But, it was Manitoba although they are 5-1 this year.  Manitoba played good position, but UND just had the speed, especially in the first.  In the second period and early third I think that it began to show that Manitoba was in game condition and UND was not.

One item of note is that they had Dixon Bowen playing center, for at least part of the game, even though he is a defenseman.

I don't think you'll see Bowen play any defense this year.

He was recruited as a forward just happen to play defense at Penticton.  USCHO had him list as a defenseman, but UND has him listed as a forward.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, cberkas said:

I don't think you'll see Bowen play any defense this year.

He was recruited as a forward just happen to play defense at Penticton.  USCHO had him list as a defenseman, but UND has him listed as a forward.

The program that I purchased last night had him listed as defense.

1 hour ago, Siouxman said:

The program that I purchased last night had him listed as defense.

Bowen has played forward his entire career except for a short stint at Pentictin last year as he was having some struggles at forward.  What I've heard is that he's a flex player, he could play forward or D.  However, forward would obviously be much more natural to him.

9 hours ago, Siouxman said:

Tomek looked bad because he let in one goal?  He was beat nicely on a 5 hole shot.  Wouldn't have happened if the forward wouldn't have turned it over.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Tomek looked bad because he let in one goal?  He was beat nicely on a 5 hole shot.  Wouldn't have happened if the forward wouldn't have turned it over.

He looked a bit shakey on some of the other chances

43 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

He looked shaky, and slow on picking up the puck,  especially laterally movements looked a bit disjointed. He got real lucky on a couple.

I'd say he just needs to get comfortable, I'm sure he'll get a chance in some more games here coming up. 

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

He was clearly out of position several times.  Manitoba would have had several easy goals if a player had been in the right position.