SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day @ Bowling Green

geaux_sioux

6 minutes ago, ndlifer said:

I'm really trying to understand where these guaranteed 7-8 wins are coming from the rest of the season

Nothing is guaranteed but I don't think it's a secret that the running defenses we see after the game next week are not going to be tops in the country.  That should help the offense.  

Defense should be good enough to keep us in most games.   They have been so far.  No reason to think different.  

Playoffs are not out the window.  There aren't ANY guaranteed wins in the 9 remaining games, but I think it's possible we can go 7-2 or 8-1 the rest of the way.  Doesn't mean we will, but it's certainly not totally unrealistic.......or season out the window. 

• Upvote 1

Just got back from vacation and watched the game. 

Absolutely love the d. Secondary stepped up today.  Truly believe und is becoming one of the best d in the fcs.   Front 7 is sick and the secondary just needs to keep improving every week. 

Keaton????? Not sure what to think 

offensive play calling is questionable at best 

O line not quite there yet

bubba demands discipline and focus-way to many penalties

Donnell Rodgers is going to be special 

Does Rudolph realize we have te's ? 

Hunt looks more comfortable 

Honestly feel we should be 2-0.  

First home game next week!!! Can't wait!!! Beat the sh@$ out of the coyotes.  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I think this team will at least be 6-3 from here on out but that gets them to only 6-5. 7-2 the rest of the way is a possibility to get to 7-4 and IMO that's their ceiling. "Out the window"......no but we have seen 7-4 doesn't guarantee you jack either.

Who are the two losses you feel they are guaranteed to get?

This doesn't surprise me that much. It is much harder to go from bad to good than it is to go from good to great. It took Roger Thomas six years to make the playoffs and seven to win a playoff game. And he started out with a similar mess to what Bubba started out with. Now, I don't think it is going to take Bubba six years to make the playoffs, as we have better facilities than we had in the late 1980's. But people should not be surprised that the team is still trying to learn how to win games, especially close games. That isn't going to happen as quickly as most of us would want. That next step is tricky and it might not happen until next season. But if Bubba continues to recruit well, we'll get there.

4 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

Who are the two losses you feel they are guaranteed to get?

The team has already proven it can lose games it shouldn't.  I also don't know how many games we will be favored in.  

Wins are a must from here on out.  Not having a bye the whole way could be a factor.   It's going to be a tough but fun two months. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, homer said:

The team has already proven it can lose games it shouldn't.  I also don't know how many games we will be favored in.  

Wins are a must from here on out.  Not having a bye the whole way could be a factor.   It's going to be a tough but fun two months. 

The only bad loss of the two was the Stoney Brook game. The Bowling Green game is an FBS money game, where winning is a bonus. The schedule is much easier from here on out. And I think Bubba, his staff and the players are well aware of the hole they have dug themselves. I think they will come out flying against USD next Saturday.

I like our team. I wish we had Clive available for obvious reasons but our team has grit. The OL was night and day better in the fourth quarter yesterday against a supposedly really good MAC front seven. Football is a funny game and teams can get rolling and start to stack up wins in a hurry. I think our guys kind of found out who they really are yeaterday and our defense finally seems to be predatory even against the pass. I liked what I saw for three quarters yesterday, and loved the second half. Look for that second half to carry over to the rest of the season.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Just got back from vacation and watched the game. 

Absolutely love the d. Secondary stepped up today.  Truly believe und is becoming one of the best d in the fcs.   Front 7 is sick and the secondary just needs to keep improving every week. 

Keaton????? Not sure what to think 

offensive play calling is questionable at best 

O line not quite there yet

bubba demands discipline and focus-way to many penalties

Donnell Rodgers is going to be special 

Does Rudolph realize we have te's ? 

Hunt looks more comfortable 

Honestly feel we should be 2-0.  

First home game next week!!! Can't wait!!! Beat the sh@$ out of the coyotes.  

Keaton has started slow the last two games but he is definitely the right guy. Roll him out more, extremely accurate on the move. 

Keaton hasn't thrown an interception in either game.  He also hit some big throws to move the chains.  The OL looked much better in the 2nd half.  The defense is a shut down defense.  I don't have the concerns about the CB's after this game.   We gave up 2 throws over the top and that will be corrected.  The front 7 are absolute studs.  More like the front 20 because of the depth. 

33 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Keaton has started slow the last two games but he is definitely the right guy. Roll him out more, extremely accurate on the move. 

Im not saying he isn't the right guy, I should have stated the jeckl and Hyde aspect.  Poor first halves and good second halves.  Looking for a full game and believe it starts next week.