SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day @ Bowling Green

geaux_sioux

34 minutes ago, hky said:

How about if the offense starts the game fast, aggressive, and confident.   Sure, there always individual mistakes that folks can point to, but you can't waste all of the first half possessions that we have and expect to win.

^^^ this 

hard to point blame but the 1st half of both games the offense has been brutal.  Keaton's 1st half play to 2nd half play are night and day.  Need a complete game from him.  

Und needs the offense to sustain drives to give the d a little rest.  Rudolph, for me personally,  takes the majority of the blame as it's the same 3 plays every time then punt.  I'm about to come out of my skin on advocating the usage of out TEs.  They need to be used in this style of offense!   I've been screaming for it for 3 years. They were moving down the field with Fiedler last week on the last drive, why not more of those plays in the first half?  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So, are you calling for a coaching change because we aren't unbeatable in his third year of rebuilding a program that was totally on the rocks when he got here?

Cripes, our society has become so addicted to instant gratification. Good things come to those who wait. NDSU had their struggles a few years back as well.

Where did I call for a coaching change? This staff is doing a much better job than the old one but there still isn't much evidence that the program is much better than .500 in FCS football.

UND was +3 on turnovers (including one returned for a score) and +75 in rushing yards against BG. No excuses, that's a game that has to be won.

3 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

I checked out when I read that Reyes was overrated.  Wow!!!

Go back and watch a replay of the game. Reyes didn't wrap up on some tackles, took really poor angles a couple of times and missed his assignment on a key TD. For a player that is supposedly an All-American candidate, he didn't play like it on Saturday. He's still a good player, but not the superstar many here make him out to be.

1 minute ago, RD17 said:

Go back and watch a replay of the game. Reyes didn't wrap up on some tackles, took really poor angles a couple of times and missed his assignment on a key TD. For a player that is supposedly an All-American candidate, he didn't play like it on Saturday. He's still a good player, but not the superstar many here make him out to be.

One game!!???!   That's what your basing it off!??   I can I back 3 years worth of games and NO he's not over rated !!   GTFO 

6 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

After watching the Weber vs USD game and MSU vs Idaho game.   I'm quite confident we win both games.

What concerns me is that even though UND has been "right there" in both games, the teams they have played have looked like complete garbage when not playing UND. USD is the more winnable of the two because it's at home, but MSU will be a 24-21 type game on the road. To me, all UND has proven so far is that they come up short in those type of games. Advantage MSU.

10 minutes ago, RD17 said:

What concerns me is that even though UND has been "right there" in both games, the teams they have played have looked like complete garbage when not playing UND. USD is the more winnable of the two because it's at home, but MSU will be a 24-21 type game on the road. To me, all UND has proven so far is that they come up short in those type of games. Advantage MSU.

And if UND plays Bryant at home they win, too, and are 1-1.  Does that means they are a better team today?  

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, RD17 said:

Where did I call for a coaching change? This staff is doing a much better job than the old one but there still isn't much evidence that the program is much better than .500 in FCS football.

UND was +3 on turnovers (including one returned for a score) and +75 in rushing yards against BG. No excuses, that's a game that has to be won.

In your original comment, you said this:

Bottom line is that winners win. Our friends to the south have been in 2 similar games and won them both. UND lost them both. Schweigert is a great guy and he says the right things. He's also 34-34 in six plus years as a head coach. Just sayin.

You didn't come out and explicitly call for a change, but you implicitly said Bubba isn't the right man for the job. And I contend it is way too early to make that judgment either way.

11 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

And if UND plays Bryant at home they win, too, and are 1-1.  Does that means they are a better team today?  

But UND didn't play Bryant. All we have to go on so far is that the two teams UND has played have looked really rough when not playing UND. That's a cause for concern. Hopefully UND comes out and smokes USD on Saturday but my gut tells me that won't happen. 

29 minutes ago, RD17 said:

Which TD did Reyes miss his assignment on?  

24 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

One game!!???!   That's what your basing it off!??   I can I back 3 years worth of games and NO he's not over rated !!   GTFO 

No, I have watched him in the past as well and always had the sense that I don't see him as being one of the best in the country. Like I said, good player, but not an All-American.

3 minutes ago, RD17 said:

But UND didn't play Bryant. All we have to go on so far is that the two teams UND has played have looked really rough when not playing UND. That's a cause for concern. Hopefully UND comes out and smokes USD on Saturday but my gut tells me that won't happen. 

So are you saying Bowling Green should have looked better against Ohio State.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

In your original comment, you said this:

You didn't come out and explicitly call for a change, but you implicitly said Bubba isn't the right man for the job. And I contend it is way too early to make that judgment either way.

You should know from reading my posts that if I really mean something I will come right out and say it. :p 

In fairness to Bubba, he has been up against it at both of his head coaching jobs and there are similarities. Duluth was a winning program when he took over but they were just joining the NCC and trying to ramp up scholarship dollars etc. to compete. At UND he took over a program with significant problems and limitations but is expected to win as well. My point in posting his career record is to emphasize that 10-1 seasons are probably not just around the corner.

26 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

And if we shut down 1 pass play in the 1st half your QB has 215 yards and you lose you jerk-off.  What a dick!  I hope you loose every game this year Bowling Green-

40 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

And if we shut down 1 pass play in the 1st half your QB has 215 yards and you lose you jerk-off.  What a dick!  I hope you loose every game this year Bowling Green-

No offense, but if BGSU came to the AL with a full crowd, they might have some trouble. I thought Bubba's team had a good road game. His staff and team made adjustments and should've won that football game. I think UND is on the right track. If BGSU is the king of the MAC, they're either not a good FBS conference or UND is close to being a very good football team. 

6 minutes ago, Goon said:

No offense, but if BGSU came to the AL with a full crowd, they might have some trouble. I thought Bubba's team had a good road game. His staff and team made adjustments and should've won that football game. I think UND is on the right track. If BGSU is the king of the MAC, they're either not a good FBS conference or UND is close to being a very good football team. 

When's the last time it was full on there?

• Downvote 2