SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day @ Bowling Green

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, Goon said:

No offense, but if BGSU came to the AL with a full crowd, they might have some trouble. I thought Bubba's team had a good road game. His staff and team made adjustments and should've won that football game. I think UND is on the right track. If BGSU is the king of the MAC, they're either not a good FBS conference or UND is close to being a very good football team. 

That's why they call it the MAC.  "Mediocre Athletic Conference"

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Y'all may be reading the wrong thing into his comments. Could and Should are not the same thing. Sounds to me like the UND defense forced them out of their game plan,

as in  "We should have thrown 65, 70 times. If we're going to run this system and be married to it, we have to let him go out there and throw five picks."

and "Hats off to North Dakota and their staff for sticking to the gameplan and not panicking,"

19 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Y'all may be reading the wrong thing into his comments. Could and Should are not the same thing. Sounds to me like the UND defense forced them out of their game plan,

as in  "We should have thrown 65, 70 times. If we're going to run this system and be married to it, we have to let him go out there and throw five picks."

and "Hats off to North Dakota and their staff for sticking to the gameplan and not panicking,"

I watched his press conference and he definitely  was doing the old we let them hang around even though they couldn't carry our jock straps bs.  It's clear that he thinks they gave us everything and we didn't exactly earn it.  Good luck to him, he's a great leader.

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I watched his press conference and he defiantly was doing the old we let them hang around even though they couldn't carry our jock straps bs.  It's clear that he thinks they gave us everything and we didn't exactly earn it.  Good luck to him, he's a great leader.

^^^This  

You can tell by other things that he said that he doesn't respect our team, I mean when he says they should have thrown for school record on us....seriously what an ass hat.  Can you imagine if we played a DII school and it went down the to the wire....Bubba saying we should have pass or thrown for a school record against the team?  That makes me pissed all over again about missing that two point conversion.....would have loved to watch him cry even more if he had lost. 

"That's one of those games where we should be sitting up here talking about James throwing for 600 yards and breaking the school record," said Jinks

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I watched his press conference and he defiantly was doing the old we let them hang around even though they couldn't carry our jock straps bs.  It's clear that he thinks they gave us everything and we didn't exactly earn it.  Good luck to him, he's a great leader.

Was it a bitter cover-his-arse lashing out in front of his press corps because they weren't able to generate the offense he thought they 'should' have and barely squeaked out a win over a lowly FCS team?

Honest question since I did not watch the press conference.

1 minute ago, zonadub said:

Was it a bitter cover-his-arse lashing out in front of his press corps because they weren't able to generate the offense he thought they 'should' have and barely squeaked out a win over a lowly FCS team?

Honest question since I did not watch the press conference.

It was just straight arrogance and ignorance. Is arrogance bliss as well?

28 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I watched his press conference and he definitely  was doing the old we let them hang around even though they couldn't carry our jock straps bs.  It's clear that he thinks they gave us everything and we didn't exactly earn it.  Good luck to him, he's a great leader.

Once again, it was showen to them that a good FCS team is at least par to a mac team.  It's a fact that is to much for him and a lot of others to absorb so they remain in denial.

• Upvote 2

This is not an attack or me calling Bubba out for going for 2. I understand why he went for it.  But Jink's attitude and comments post game is the reason why I wished we would kicked the extra point and sent it to OT. We were playing with free money and they would have panicked and !@#$ their pants. We had just scored and had momentum going into OT and our defense was locked in.  

I guess I see going for two as "giving yourself the chance to win".

Sending it to over time as "giving yourself the chance to lose".

I think BG was too capable of still making the "big play" that would seal it in over time.  I was yelling "go for twooooo" at my TV:D

Meh, either way probably gives ya the same 50/50 shot.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

I guess I see going for two as "giving yourself the chance to win".

Sending it to over time as "giving yourself the chance to lose".

I think BG was too capable of still making the "big play" that would seal it in over time.  I was yelling "go for twooooo" at my TV:D

Meh, either way probably gives ya the same 50/50 shot.

Being tied with an FBS opponent on the road at the end of regulation against a team that was a 21 point favorite going in. I like my chances in OT. They hadn't beat us in 4 quaters.  I told my wife sitting in Starbucks watching the game online.. Quietly. Kick the extra point Bubba.. Pressure is all Bowling Green. Jink's comments validated the administration is feeling the heat for only winning by 1. On to USD and a win. 

1 hour ago, Old School Guy said:

This is not an attack or me calling Bubba out for going for 2. I understand why he went for it.  But Jink's attitude and comments post game is the reason why I wished we would kicked the extra point and sent it to OT. We were playing with free money and they would have panicked and !@#$ their pants. We had just scored and had momentum going into OT and our defense was locked in.  

Personally I love the fact that bubba went for the "W".  Kudos!  The odds of beating a home team in OT is slim, momentum or not. 

• Upvote 1

Love the call to go for 2.  Wouldnt have it any other way.

You are on the road against an FBS opponent.  If you have the opportunity to win the game after coming back from way down, then you take it.

Bubba made the right call in my eyes.  If he had the same opportunity tomorrow, I think he'd do the same thing.  I also hope he would.

• Upvote 2

Just now, UNDvince97-01 said:

Love the call to go for 2.  Wouldnt have it any other way.

You are on the road against an FBS opponent.  If you have the opportunity to win the game after coming back from way down, then you take it.

Bubba made the right call in my eyes.  If he had the same opportunity tomorrow, I think he'd do the same thing.  I also hope he would.

Also, to be fair to Bubba's call, it did work. He had the play call right, got the matchup he wanted. Open receiver just couldn't come down with the ball. Not like the QB got sacked quickly or we had no play. Everything really did work to perfection, except for Carr bringing it down.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Not always.     But on the road with the offense moving at will... yes!  Great play, unfortunate no catch.  Time to move on and beat the hell out of South Dakota 

Agreed, I can't imagine there will be a huge spread for this game, especially given how our offense has started the last two games. But I really hope this is the turning point, we see an offensive outbreak and smoke them. Something like our games against Northern Colorado or Poly last year.

Just beat the hell out of them, especially because they are in the "dreaded" MVFC ;)

• Upvote 2