SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

On 10/21/2016 at 7:55 PM, DaveK said:

As much as I detest the use of the new nickname and logo (I will only refer to the current teams as UND or North Dakota), I do think there is a way to make the new logo sort of tolerable on a football helmet. Remove the letters and enlarge the bird head, then reverse it on the left hand side of the helmet so it is facing forwards on both sides. While that in no way comes close to the classic look of the simple but effective "ND" logo, it would be an improvement over the current helmet.

Could not agree with you more. I'm not a fan of the new name or logo, but it does seem to work ok for football. Still not as good as the classic ND, but not terrible either. I also think if they put the logo on both sides of the helmet they should flip it so its facing forward on both sides. I don't really mind the letters, but I'm sure improvements, adjustments and alternatives will come out over the next few years.

On October 25, 2016 at 8:53 AM, siouxfan512 said:

Could not agree with you more. I'm not a fan of the new name or logo, but it does seem to work ok for football. Still not as good as the classic ND, but not terrible either. I also think if they put the logo on both sides of the helmet they should flip it so its facing forward on both sides. I don't really mind the letters, but I'm sure improvements, adjustments and alternatives will come out over the next few years.

I think the new logo looks good on a football helmet. 

• 2 months later...

After seeing on the weather pics of Sundogs lately I wish it would have got more consideration 

Plus I'm honored to find some new obscure crap to keep this thread alive 

Can't imagine Xmas sales of hawk stuff was very high - I  did look at a hat (non-fitted with the plastic holes strap in back) that I would never buy or wear & it was $26 @ both tthe Ralph & Scheels  (rip off)

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

I bought a green North Dakota hockey jersey at Scheels for myself for Christmas.  Wanted to buy one before they start putting the FH logo on them.

Waiting to buy a green North Dakota hockey jersey at Scheels for myself.  Want to buy one when the start putting the FH logo on them!! ;)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Trump's pretty decisive with his pen, maybe Indian nicknames could be allowed again!:0 

Wouldn't that be something? Someone send him a letter to ask, or maybe I could Tweet him! :p

Trump vs the NCAA...that would be awesome!! 

i do see that some und twitter handles are doing different variations of the hawk logo with diffrent background colors and different nd colors iwth each sports name below it...kinda sharp looking. still think the white hawk, black nd, and green background is the best looking combo

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Are you listening Coach Bubba? 

It's time.
https://apps.nd.gov/dot/mv/mvrenewal/plate.htm 

It'll be awesome. The logo will look like it made that confused looking, improperly lit*, ugly, wooly, drool cow go sit in the corner. :D 

*The sunset is behind it but it is lit from the view's POV? 

• Upvote 2