SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

32 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Not saying UND will be replacing their logo, but I think it is fairly obvious UND will need to expand beyond a single logo at some point. Just as most schools do. Not saying it will be this one, but the school will absolutely need additional logos and merchandise. Personally, I think it would be smart to give another option or two (sooner than later) to get more people to buy into the new name. I don't particularly love the name or the logo, but accept them both. The name will not change, but the school can come out with multiple logos. I'd like to see some with a little more creativity. I've intended to buy some Hawks gear, but have not yet. Just haven't see anything worth buying yet.

If this guy thinks that he has a shot to sell his product to the school, then marketing it and selling it is the best way to do that. Show someone proven sales number, and you will get their attention.

I agree, he could also shop it around to other teams/clubs; though I'm not sure if he is doing that or not. Seems to be a pretty small business right now.

Regardless, my whole point was props to the kid for getting out there and trying.

The problem with what he is doing is he specifically designed this logo to be a potential logo for UND.  This logo came out before the official Fighting HAwks logo was released.  This is America and he has the right to start a business and sell merchandise.  If people are willing to buy it, good for him. (Yeah Capitalism).  But I can still question his motive and criticize him for that.  

As I said before, UND is trying to build a new brand.  You will start to see the Fighting Hawks more and more.  It will start to show up on jerseys, center court/ice/field at games, on buildings, etc.  Having one brand and symbol to market is the smart strategy.  Especially when it is a new logo.  A secondary logo is probably a good idea, I don't expect UND to add one for a long time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Trust me I know from experience there is not a lot of money to be made in this market and although he seems to be trying to avoid trademark infringement you can bet he is being watched. The official logo will gradually gain traction.

siouxpride.com (soon to disappear forever).  

My understanding is that there was supposed to be a secondary logo designed with the primary one. Whatever it was SME came up with got completely shelved because no one liked it. I don't know where they are in the process of coming up with something new but if I had to guess, they probably decided to let the primary one settle in and they will release some sort of secondary one after the interlocking ND is retired. I can't imagine being anything even close to the Stengl design, it will be something that compliments the primary logo, not something that is completely different.

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

My understanding is that there was supposed to be a secondary logo designed with the primary one. Whatever it was SME came up with got completely shelved because no one liked it. I don't know where they are in the process of coming up with something new but if I had to guess, they probably decided to let the primary one settle in and they will release some sort of secondary one after the interlocking ND is retired. I can't imagine being anything even close to the Stengl design, it will be something that compliments the primary logo, not something that is completely different.

I thought this one could be a reasonable compliment to the current logo.  Didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me.  Just get rid of the button.

On 2/24/2016 at 1:15 PM, GLABS said:

Check out Fighting Hawks logo and uniforms concepts from sports brand designers Gridiron Labs that deliver a true transition brand for backers of the Fighting Sioux nickname.  The full package along with logo stories can be checked out here:  bit.ly/1R1qTuP 

Cb_8QX1UkAAuknU.jpg

Cb_8QUhUEAEHdu6.jpg

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I thought this one could be a reasonable compliment to the current logo.  Didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me.  Just get rid of the button.

Any bird logo that has an Indian headdress was never going to be considered.  Just a sad attempt to make it similar to the Sioux logo. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Any bird logo that has an Indian headdress was never going to be considered.  Just a sad attempt to make it similar to the Sioux logo. 

I think of the same thought every time an alternative Hawk logo is shown with Indian feathers. NCAA wouldn't allow it, and do we really want to go down that road once again. 

30 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I think of the same thought every time an alternative Hawk logo is shown with Indian feathers. NCAA wouldn't allow it, and do we really want to go down that road once again. 

What are Indian feathers?  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On February 16, 2017 at 11:34 AM, siouxfan512 said:

Props to the kid for cleaning him self up, getting sober, and trying to go into business for himself.

What is he supposed to say? "We're trying to provide an alternative logo for people who think the current one sucks"? That wouldn't be the smartest way to build your business. Of course he has to say that there is no affiliation to the University, doesn't mean he wouldn't like there to be at some point. Best way to do that is not piss off the University right now. Advertise your business, build your brand, and make sales. If you can do that, and go to the University with competitive sales numbers of your logo, or product, then maybe you can get them to sign on.

For a lot of us fans, this is about a logo or a name, for this kid it is also about building a business and making a living. If he does it the right way, maybe he hits it big with a UND contract .... may not. But he is taking a chance on building something for himself; have to respect that.

Nobody is ever going to sign off on that POS trash logo. It was by far the worst one created. 

On February 16, 2017 at 0:06 PM, ChrisUND1 said:

UND has a logo.  UND will not be getting a new primary logo anytime soon.  

I assume (and hope) that this individual has put his logo out there nationally for other teams to consider.  I could see it being used for a minor league or club team somewhere, which would bring him some money.

Maybe one from Billings? 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Love it or hate it, the Fighting Hawks logo is getting more exposure than ever before since we made the Big Dance!!  Looks good seeing it on CBS and ESPN!!

IMG_0621.JPG

Love that the green pops but they engulfed the logo with it so can barely make it out.  Need a black outline or something.

• Upvote 1