SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

26 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Haha, well for me personally. I'm not saying they should replace the current logo, but I think this one would be a solid addition to it (and not because the feather resemble the sioux logo). Also would translate well into a mascot which would be a solid marketing tool. I definitely think UND needs an additional logo at some point. The post office one is neat and clean, so I say add one that is a little more fun and animated. Both could get plenty of use.

We may see a secondary logo down the road, but I don't think it will be for awhile.  UND is working on brand recognition.  And having one and only one logo right now is the best way to increase that.  I agree that UND should adopt a secondary logo.  A ton of colleges out there have multiple logos for their athletic teams.

5 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

We may see a secondary logo down the road, but I don't think it will be for awhile.  UND is working on brand recognition.  And having one and only one logo right now is the best way to increase that.  I agree that UND should adopt a secondary logo.  A ton of colleges out there have multiple logos for their athletic teams.

Yeah, maybe they could go with this as a secondary logo. :)

th?id=OIP.Mf40351a47368595ea47ca33a5b316a94o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=278&h=171

• Downvote 2

On 2/14/2017 at 10:43 AM, siouxfan512 said:

Still my favorite. Wish they would find a way to incorporate it in. Would also be able to morph it into a cool mascot if they wanted.

Crank and his companion Crystal? Seriously though this logo is the worst one that anyone made. It's a bird on meth wearing extra feathers on his feathers. Maybe he plucked a bunch out because he thought the NCAA had him bugged and then covered it up with part of a head dress.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I get what you are saying about brand recognition, but if you give you fans more options, you might get more people to buy into the new name and logo change.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Davlun said:

I see it every day, when a small blue and white truck delivers my mail. 

I still have a hard time understanding why we could not be just ND. This new name was shoved down our throats. 

Who runs  the asylum??? 

Late to the party, but thanks for coming.  The "shoved down our throats" and "why can't we just be North Dakota" argument as been discuses and beaten into the ground for months/years.  All of your nickname answers can be summed up here.  Hope you got some time!! :D http://forum.siouxsports.com/forum/2-und-nickname/

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

To spare anyone from the audiological harm I just endured, Fetch's link is to a song about a bear and a white dove, who eventually make out in a river.

You're welcome.  

I bet u were in that video clapping :D

• Upvote 1

It doesn't change my opinion, logo is better than the name.  The lettering is a massive upgrade and will look 100x better on a hockey jersey than the current one. (The lettering, not mentioning anything about the logo).  Still better anything Sundog related.

Kennedy has more pressing matter to deal with right now on campus than to deal with the logo.  He and Schafer were smart enough to take a page out of the movie War Games when it came to the new name (Schafer) and logo (Kennedy).  The only winning move is not to play.  If he wants to address this down the line when everything else has stabilized by all means go ahead.  But its nice not to yak about the nickname process and how the previous full time administration botched it.

57 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

To spare anyone from the audiological harm I just endured, Fetch's link is to a song about a bear and a white dove, who eventually make out in a river.

You're welcome.  

Didn't Any Of U Have A Radio In The 50's ?

It was a #1 hit 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/johnny-preston-singer-who-had-a-no-1-on-both-sides-of-the-atlantic-with-the-1960-death-disc-running-2235115.html%3famp

It was remade by a plethora  of other musicians - want me to post them all ? :cool:

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NeedHockey said:

Just please don't get rid of the interlocking ND logo.  We need that logo, now more than ever.

After the school year that logo is to be retired. It's only the flame logo for academics and the Fighting Hawks logo for sports to be the only logos left.

5 hours ago, Davlun said:

I see it every day, when a small blue and white truck delivers my mail. 

I still have a hard time understanding why we could not be just ND. This new name was shoved down our throats. 

Who runs  the asylum??? 

The Sioux nickname is gone.  No nickname is not an option.  

Rinse, repeat......

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

On the Prairie Apparel (AKA creators of the fake Hawk logo)

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4218775-stengls-signature-travel-celebrates-25-years

"This is about North Dakota Pride."  Umm....Ok Matt.  Whatever you say! :D

Props to the kid for cleaning him self up, getting sober, and trying to go into business for himself.

What is he supposed to say? "We're trying to provide an alternative logo for people who think the current one sucks"? That wouldn't be the smartest way to build your business. Of course he has to say that there is no affiliation to the University, doesn't mean he wouldn't like there to be at some point. Best way to do that is not piss off the University right now. Advertise your business, build your brand, and make sales. If you can do that, and go to the University with competitive sales numbers of your logo, or product, then maybe you can get them to sign on.

For a lot of us fans, this is about a logo or a name, for this kid it is also about building a business and making a living. If he does it the right way, maybe he hits it big with a UND contract .... may not. But he is taking a chance on building something for himself; have to respect that.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Props to the kid for cleaning him self up, getting sober, and trying to go into business for himself.

What is he supposed to say? "We're trying to provide an alternative logo for people who think the current one sucks"? That wouldn't be the smartest way to build your business. Of course he has to say that there is no affiliation to the University, doesn't mean he wouldn't like there to be at some point. Best way to do that is not piss off the University right now. Advertise your business, build your brand, and make sales. If you can do that, and go to the University with competitive sales numbers of your logo, or product, then maybe you can get them to sign on.

For a lot of us fans, this is about a logo or a name, for this kid it is also about building a business and making a living. If he does it the right way, maybe he hits it big with a UND contract .... may not. But he is taking a chance on building something for himself; have to respect that.

UND has a logo.  UND will not be getting a new primary logo anytime soon.  

I assume (and hope) that this individual has put his logo out there nationally for other teams to consider.  I could see it being used for a minor league or club team somewhere, which would bring him some money.

8 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

UND has a logo.  UND will not be getting a new primary logo anytime soon.  

I assume (and hope) that this individual has put his logo out there nationally for other teams to consider.  I could see it being used for a minor league or club team somewhere, which would bring him some money.

Not saying UND will be replacing their logo, but I think it is fairly obvious UND will need to expand beyond a single logo at some point. Just as most schools do. Not saying it will be this one, but the school will absolutely need additional logos and merchandise. Personally, I think it would be smart to give another option or two (sooner than later) to get more people to buy into the new name. I don't particularly love the name or the logo, but accept them both. The name will not change, but the school can come out with multiple logos. I'd like to see some with a little more creativity. I've intended to buy some Hawks gear, but have not yet. Just haven't see anything worth buying yet.

If this guy thinks that he has a shot to sell his product to the school, then marketing it and selling it is the best way to do that. Show someone proven sales number, and you will get their attention.

I agree, he could also shop it around to other teams/clubs; though I'm not sure if he is doing that or not. Seems to be a pretty small business right now.

Regardless, my whole point was props to the kid for getting out there and trying.

• Upvote 1