SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

40 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'll agree, but probably not for the same reason as you; however, as with everything in life, you have to go with what you got. 

Basically I would have gotten behind something even remotely cool at this point and even purchased some apparel. The logo does absolutely nothing for me at all, literally nothing, and its extremely disappointing to this day. I wish there were a couple of cool shirts or hats I would actually wear in public, I have yet to find one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Are you listening Coach Bubba? 

It's time.
https://apps.nd.gov/dot/mv/mvrenewal/plate.htm 

It'll be awesome. The logo will look like it made that confused looking, improperly lit*, ugly, wooly, drool cow go sit in the corner. :D 

*The sunset is behind it but it is lit from the view's POV? 

I'm on a phone, what are we looking at on this link?

I agree w/ Siouxstudent.  I really just wanted an actual thing. . . I wouldn't have cared if it was a Fog Horn Leghorn looking thing.  Something w/ some character that I didn't have to make up a background for just to put it on something.  But what did we expect, I guess, from a company that came up w/ a Red L for the University of Louisville. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

If the nickname isn't trademarked thats fine, but if it is, the person who makes that could get sued.

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure they would only get sued if they sold it. Not if they made it themselves. Or made them and gave them to some friends.

I ran in to a woman at my pharmacy that was as radical of a Native American as I have ever met she hated our old name & logo - I asked her about dapl & Standing rock - she was all for it but said people their hate her & would kill her if she went there - we didn't have time to finish that conversation - As we were leaving she ask me what I thought of our new logo - I said u mean Little White Dove she about lost it laughing & we said goodbye - Very interesting encounter wish we would of had more time to visit

39 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Well yeah, because my opinion is right and his is wrong. ;)

Haha, well for me personally. I'm not saying they should replace the current logo, but I think this one would be a solid addition to it (and not because the feather resemble the sioux logo). Also would translate well into a mascot which would be a solid marketing tool. I definitely think UND needs an additional logo at some point. The post office one is neat and clean, so I say add one that is a little more fun and animated. Both could get plenty of use.