SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So let me get this straight.  You call the Fighting Hawks logo "the absolute worst hawk logo in the sports world" yet you buy merchandise and clothing with the logo on it and wear it "across the country."  ?

I’m trying to move on so like many of you are harassing us to do. The hawks New Era 3930 hats I own are probably the most comfortable hats I own. Did I know random strangers would react this way to my hat? You think I should love this logo and have pride in it after my first hand experiences? The logo is a joke 

• Upvote 1

Still think fighting hawks name is lame as their are numerous other schools with some variant of the same name, one in our own hockey conference.  I would really like the logo were it not based on such an unimaginative nickname. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

OK, I am calling BS on this.  There is no way anyone would mistake these two logos for each other.  Not even close.  

eagles.jpg

I think its not close either, however the one factor we are not taking into account is the intelligence, or lack thereof, of most fans of teams from Philadelphia 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I still hate the logo,

but by my experiences of the surroundings of the football game last weekend, tailgaiting and post game activities, it is impossible to say acceptance is not gaining.

I talked with some people specifically about it in the Champs club tent, and some students while tailgating, and it was a kind of an embarrassed admittance that they hated it but... meh its what we got so it is what they wear.

That's sad, and very telling about the state of UND athletics fans and supporters.

What you just said makes absolutely no sense.  Next time, have a point. 

• Downvote 2

So the outcry to have secondary logo started probably 2 minutes after the logo was announced.  I was in the camp of not doing that immediately so that UND could work on it's brand identity and have just one logo.  A secondary logo is likely going to happen.  I propose they don't make something totally new but just tweak the current logo.  The Hawk head in the ND is a unique look and I think it works.  But maybe UND could utilize just the Hawk head with a green or black (even grey) background without the "ND" as a background.  I especially think this type of logo would look great on the football helmets as you could have the hawk on both sides of the helmet facing forward.  Just a thought.

helmets.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I still hate the logo,

but by my experiences of the surroundings of the football game last weekend, tailgaiting and post game activities, it is impossible to say acceptance is not gaining.

I talked with some people specifically about it in the Champs club tent, and some students while tailgating, and it was a kind of an embarrassed admittance that they hated it but... meh its what we got so it is what they wear.

That's sad, and very telling about the state of UND athletics fans and supporters.

I agree and have heard similar sentiments.  A lot of people/students don’t like the logo, but still want to support UND so they sparingly buy some of the hawk gear. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So the outcry to have secondary logo started probably 2 minutes after the logo was announced.  I was in the camp of not doing that immediately so that UND could work on it's brand identity and have just one logo.  A secondary logo is likely going to happen.  I propose they don't make something totally new but just tweak the current logo.  The Hawk head in the ND is a unique look and I think it works.  But maybe UND could utilize just the Hawk head with a green or black (even grey) background without the "ND" as a background.  I especially think this type of logo would look great on the football helmets as you could have the hawk on both sides of the helmet facing forward.  Just a thought.

helmets.jpg

This would be a considerable improvement. Think Jets helmets, same gloss and kelly green shade. Same jerseys, substitute “North Dakota” for “New York”. Boom, done.   

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

helmets.jpg

I hate the Philadelphia Eagles too much to get on board with this helmet. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 9/14/2019 at 12:27 AM, Blackheart said:

No...just no.

It will absolutely MORE popular, but it still won't be widely accepted.

On 9/14/2019 at 8:38 AM, darell1976 said:

It will take more than 5 years to be more popular. 

I've always thought it'll take a generation. Basically, all the kids who were born with FH will be the ones to first fully embrace it.

2 hours ago, Stockdamhockey said:

What you just said makes absolutely no sense.  Next time, have a point. 

You struggling with reading comprehension today? The point was clear. He doesn't like it, but it is what it is and he feels like that sentiment is becoming the consensus.

• Upvote 2