SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

On 7/3/2019 at 7:47 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Speaking of logos...........Nike's new shoe that will hit stores tomorrow just in time to celebrate our nation's Independence Day. 

#Kaepernickapproved 

Screenshot_20190703-120711.png

Now that’s funny. Here’s a new shoe for the snowflakes.

1CF44196-702D-4CC9-8A53-10CDB6FCFA56.jpeg

On 7/27/2019 at 2:19 AM, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Any one else notice SME doesn't show the Fighting Hawk logo on their website?

smebranding.com/work/university-north-dakota

They are showcasing work they did for UND, specifically the “Leaders in Action” ad campaign, and not the UND Athletics rebranding campaign. Hence no Fighting Hawks logo as that’s for Athletics usage. 

The fact they are showcasing their UND promotional work on their page is a win. It may be the only time some are exposed to UND in any way. 

28 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

They are showcasing work they did for UND, specifically the “Leaders in Action” ad campaign, and not the UND Athletics rebranding campaign. Hence no Fighting Hawks logo as that’s for Athletics usage. 

The fact they are showcasing their UND promotional work on their page is a win. It may be the only time some are exposed to UND in any way. 

Don’t let the facts get in the way of an awesome narrative, tho. LOL

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

UND really missed a great opportunity to have a great nickname and logo by eliminating "Abdominal Snowman" from its nicknames under consideration.  The Minnesota Lakes Area "Snowman" of the Midwest Premier Football League (the league the Tri City Northstars play in) have provided a glimpse of what a logo would have looked like.  Oh what could have been!! ;)

snowman.png

• Upvote 2

On 7/27/2019 at 4:22 PM, Hayduke said:

I bought a Fighting Hawks hat today in Fargo. 

It had a nice fit and I liked it.  Why not?  

They also have hats with just North Dakota on them. They look pretty good. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND really missed a great opportunity to have a great nickname and logo by eliminating "Abdominal Snowman" from its nicknames under consideration.  The Minnesota Lakes Area "Snowman" of the Midwest Premier Football League (the league the Tri City Northstars play in) have provided a glimpse of what a logo would have looked like.  Oh what could have been!! ;)

snowman.png

That would’ve been so awesome...

fan apparel with built-in six-pack abs t shirts, a ferocious looking snowman mascot...what might have been..

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 9:28 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

snowman.png

ARE THEY ASSUMING ITS GENDER??!!!!!

That wont fly, with the snowflakes.

Helped my son move into his dorm, and saw lots of new Fighting Hawks students and parents with all types of Hawk shirts on. I see the picture of the class of 2023 they did at Memorial Stadium had the mascot pic on their shirt, could that be an alternate Hawk logo of the near future? Maybe they will start to market that more and more?

11 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

As unoriginal as our name may be, I am still glad we didn’t go with an unoriginal bird logo like these two logos. 

04C85AF8-7048-4ED2-89A0-C8B5D0588B76.jpeg

I like the Ravens one but the Nite Hawks logo looks like it's about to die. So ours is certainly better than that pile of feathers. 

On 5/16/2019 at 10:49 AM, darell1976 said:

This fall Grand Forks Central will start the school year with the nickname Knights for the 25th year. 25 years ago me, and other students voted Knights over Pride to become Central’s new nickname to start the fall of 1994. Today you don’t hear Redskins being cheered for at games, no talk of Redskins Forever on social media. So will UND be the same in 25 years from the inaugural Fighting Hawks intro in 2015? Will the division subside? Will it take less/more time to be a united campus under the Fighting Hawks name? I guess time will tell.

But The school went from Pride to Knights.  Nice upgrade.  

Not Sioux to generic Hawks.  

On 8/25/2019 at 9:54 AM, pontoonin said:

But The school went from Pride to Knights.  

Really? 

How soon they forget what GFC was before Knights. 

Seems like quiz time:

Before Knights, GFC was: 
Before Huskies, Wahpeton was: 
Before Firebirds: Devils Lake was: 

On 8/24/2019 at 9:46 PM, darell1976 said:

Helped my son move into his dorm, and saw lots of new Fighting Hawks students and parents with all types of Hawk shirts on. I see the picture of the class of 2023 they did at Memorial Stadium had the mascot pic on their shirt, could that be an alternate Hawk logo of the near future? Maybe they will start to market that more and more?

Of course they will. Long process and it's clearly taking hold. 

Congrats on introducing the new member to the Siou.... er, uh... UND family :)

25 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Really? 

How soon they forget what GFC was before Knights. 

Seems like quiz time:

Before Knights, GFC was: 
Before Huskies, Wahpeton was: 
Before Firebirds: Devils Lake was: 

GFC Maroon and Grey (I graduated as that), Redskins before that. Knights is 25 years old.

Wahpeton Wops

DL Satans 

6 hours ago, darell1976 said:

GFC Maroon and Grey (I graduated as that), Redskins before that. Knights is 25 years old.

Wahpeton Wops

DL Satans 

As a student at RRHS at the time, even we felt bad for that awful mascot.  "Go maroon and grey, go go maroon and grey" was an actual cheer promoted by the GFC cheer team.  Just awful!!

• Upvote 1