SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

54 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Is it too much to ask to have a Fighting Hawks logo on the hockey helmets?  We might be the only college team in the country that doesn't have one.  Just looks odd when there is nothing there.

helmet sm.png

It’s there, but they put it in the inside of the helmets for aesthetic reasons. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Is it too much to ask to have a Fighting Hawks logo on the hockey helmets?  We might be the only college team in the country that doesn't have one.  Just looks odd when there is nothing there.

helmet sm.png

Notre Dame, Michigan, Minnesota(have the M) off the top of my head... I'm sure I could find more if I tried

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Notre Dame, Michigan, Minnesota(have the M) off the top of my head... I'm sure I could find more if I tried

I did say might ;)  The Big 10 hockey schools pretty much have adopted the same helmet design as their football helmets.  So yes, Penn St, Ohio St, Notre Dame, and Michigan don't have a logo on their hockey helmets.  I will modify my statement:

A very high percentage of colleges have some sort of logo on their helmets.  UND used to.  They don't anymore.  Just wondering why.  Looks odd, especially when most all others do.

41 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I did say might ;)  The Big 10 hockey schools pretty much have adopted the same helmet design as their football helmets.  So yes, Penn St, Ohio St, Notre Dame, and Michigan don't have a logo on their hockey helmets.  I will modify my statement:

A very high percentage of colleges have some sort of logo on their helmets.  UND used to.  They don't anymore.  Just wondering why.  Looks odd, especially when most all others do.

We also used to have a logo on the middle of the jersey and center ice too, but that’s not going to happen within the next 11 years. 

• Downvote 1

http://news.sportslogos.net/2019/10/15/auburn-tigers-nix-new-primary-logo/

Back in 1995, the Tigers asked the public to submit designs that would replace the university’s primary logo. The idea was met with opposition from fans, students and alumni, and was ultimately scrapped.

This summer, Auburn began the process of rolling out an updated primary athletic and academic mark, dubbed internally as a new visual identity system, in an attempt to bring the logo into the digital age. The tweaks were minor — such as removing the negative space between the upper part of the “A” and “U,” as well as matching the font size of the two letters — but the change was once again met with heavy resistance.

Then on Monday evening, Auburn Student Government Association president announced the Tigers would not be changing their beloved primary logo after all. 

:whistling:

Screenshot_20191015-153244_Facebook.jpg

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2019/10/15/auburn-tigers-nix-new-primary-logo/

Back in 1995, the Tigers asked the public to submit designs that would replace the university’s primary logo. The idea was met with opposition from fans, students and alumni, and was ultimately scrapped.

This summer, Auburn began the process of rolling out an updated primary athletic and academic mark, dubbed internally as a new visual identity system, in an attempt to bring the logo into the digital age. The tweaks were minor — such as removing the negative space between the upper part of the “A” and “U,” as well as matching the font size of the two letters — but the change was once again met with heavy resistance.

Then on Monday evening, Auburn Student Government Association president announced the Tigers would not be changing their beloved primary logo after all. 

:whistling:

Screenshot_20191015-153244_Facebook.jpg

Had Auburn quietly updated merchandise without making a big deal out of it, nobody would have even noticed this logo update!

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2019 at 3:42 PM, MafiaMan said:

Had Auburn quietly updated merchandise without making a big deal out of it, nobody would have even noticed this logo update!

It was the most minuscule change in the history of logos.

Imagine their outrage if they picked some stupid postal service bird thing to replace their hostile tiger ?!!!!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I don't know about everyone else, but it get's really old when our own fans make petty digs at our name and especially logo and bring up the overused "postal service" comparison.  I'd expect it from opposing fanbases, but from our own fans?  Come on man.  I get it.  some people don't like the logo.  But don't stoop to the level of what immature opposing fans would say.  You don't have to support the name and logo if you don't want to.  But is it that hard to just respectfully and silently disagree instead of joining the mob of idiots who constantly make over used, unoriginal jokes against your own school you cheer for?  That's all.  off my soapbox.  Carry on.  Go Hawks!

Here we go... 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I don't know about everyone else, but it get's really old when our own fans make petty digs at our name and especially logo and bring up the overused "postal service" comparison.  I'd expect it from opposing fanbases, but from our own fans?  Come on man.  I get it.  some people don't like the logo.  But don't stoop to the level of what immature opposing fans would say.  You don't have to support the name and logo if you don't want to.  But is it that hard to just respectfully and silently disagree instead of joining the mob of idiots who constantly make over used, unoriginal jokes against your own school you cheer for?  That's all.  off my soapbox.  Carry on.  Go Hawks!

Ever notice it’s really only when you complain about the placement, or lack of usage of the portals of prayer dove :wink: logo that you get these responses?  

Perhaps you could take your own advice when you tell others whom you deem “idiots“ when you instruct them to silently complain,  when the reality is you are the person bringing up the original complaint?   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Ever notice it’s really only when you complain about the placement, or lack of usage of the portals of prayer dove :wink: logo that you get these responses?  

Perhaps you could take your own advice when you tell others whom you deem “idiots“ when you instruct them to silently complain,  when the reality is you are the person bringing up the original complaint?   

Very Missouri Synod of you.  :wink:

• Upvote 2

well said.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Moving forward with the new nickname and logo is a process.  Acceptance across the board wasn't going to happen instantly.  For some it won't ever happen.  But acceptance is the goal.  My point is which type of actions go against achieving that goal more; People who make negative remarks about the name or logo or those that call them out?  WE are all trying to move on from the Fighting Sioux name.  My point is there are people that have moved on and accepted the new name/logo and those that getting there.  If you are never going to get there, what purpose does someone have for constant disparaging remarks concerning the name/logo?  Reasons may vary, but the result of those types of actions just continues the divide in the fanbase that will likely never end.

If you want to say like "here we go again" and "why are you still talking about this.", that is the problem!!  This shouldn't be something that we are still talking about.  Unfortunately this is the reality UND fans will unfortunately have to live with now.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Moving forward with the new nickname and logo is a process.  Acceptance across the board wasn't going to happen instantly.  For some it won't ever happen.  But acceptance is the goal.  My point is which type of actions go against achieving that goal more; People who make negative remarks about the name or logo or those that call them out?  WE are all trying to move on from the Fighting Sioux name.  My point is there are people that have moved on and accepted the new name/logo and those that getting there.  If you are never going to get there, what purpose does someone have for constant disparaging remarks concerning the name/logo?  Reasons may vary, but the result of those types of actions just continues the divide in the fanbase that will likely never end.

If you want to say like "here we go again" and "why are you still talking about this.", that is the problem!!  This shouldn't be something that we are still talking about.  Unfortunately this is the reality UND fans will unfortunately have to live with now.

I think both sides need to calm down. I am an alum, it was Fighting Sioux then and will always be to me. The issue is people on both sides of the issue are thumbing their nose at the other side because of the stance they have. The university has changed their name and its never going back. The more people degrade the other side because of their stance only makes it worse. If people want to go by Fighting Hawks, more power to them. I am not going to get mad at you, you have that right. I choose not to use that name as I was a Fighting Sioux when I was there. The hawks side shouldn't yell at me for not conforming either. Let each side work through it at their own pace. The more you shove your point of view in their face, the worse it makes the situation. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The reality is the crappy logo made the transition infinitely worse. 

Like many others, I have accepted what the new name is.  I have accepted what the current logo is and have several articles of clothing with a tiny Casper the friendly hawk on my sleeve.  

I have also accepted the fact this logo is boring, unimaginative, and from a distance looks more like bird poop on a cap or hockey helmet than a bird.  

You feel allegiance to this logo by all will move the university forward.  My opinion is that’s not going to happen as soon as hoped for as long as we have this poorly designed logo.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

If we replace the logo can we replace Chelsea Dagger as the goal song, package deal?   

There is nothing better than when they score a big goal and the ENTIRE crowd is up singing and doing the dance. You wont get that with another song.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Shawn-O said:

If we replace the logo can we replace Chelsea Dagger as the goal song, package deal?   

1 hour ago, SiouxDiggity said:

There is nothing better than when they score a big goal and the ENTIRE crowd is up singing and doing the dance. You wont get that with another song.

Does the US Postal Service have a jingle?

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, SiouxDiggity said:

As you say the crowd needs to embrace it.

No offense but CD jumped the shark before the term jumped the shark jumped the shark. It may be the most polarizing of all goal songs. Love it or hate it, no in between.
It was kind of good the first 1,000 times but it would be a relief to let it go. Honestly, I can think of several the crowd and players would embrace as much or more. Many of which have never been used in an arena and would be great alternatives. 

Better yet, someone with a little imagination and entertainment DNA have about 15 songs dialed up and see what happens. It doesn’t need to be the same every goal and can be situationally relevant. Everything gets old and nothing should be carved in stone.