1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Cb_8QUhUEAEHdu6.jpg

Always liked this one, still like it much better than what was unveiled.

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Looks like the Burlington Northern logo

one of my first reactions as well.

1 hour ago, keikla said:

I will say one thing, and I know that this will probably be a very polarizing opinion:  I'm really disappointed in the public reaction of some of the current hockey players.  I get that they don't love it; most people don't.  And former players are going to say what they will.  But as current student athletes, they represent the university, and I think this is one day that negative opinions should have been kept behind closed doors.  If you don't like it, that's fine, but there's no reason to be complaining on social media about it being the ugliest logo in all of sports.

I thought the same thing.   I don't expect them to like it and they have the right to express their opinions.  But sometimes it's time to take the high road. Especially the captain.

41 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

To me it feels more like a secondary logo than a primary one though. 

That's what I was thinking too.  More of an academic logo than an athletic logo.   Maybe they'll let people vent over this one and in a year or 2 unveil something that becomes a  classic.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, petey23 said:

At the end of the day this doesn't affect my support for The University of North Dakota, but I will stick to "Sioux" and "UND" branded apparel and merchandise. Everyone else can do what they want.

Agree!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tho0505 said:

I assume you know that I mock that up from this logo right?.....           This logo is better than the new logo anyways.   

I figured that. Was just razing you. And you are correct it is better.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Too bad that interlocking ND on the shoulders had to go, especially after rebranding that not long ago to stand out more from Notre Dame. 

It really is a sad affair... I'm sure one of the reasons was to force the use of the turd design.  

I was right then and today proves it even more. By the market prices we have drained on this I should probably charge a 500k consulting fee. Even amended it a couple times as they kept screwing the pooch all the way through the process.

8/21/15

How about we rewind, bring back about 7-8 names that were discarded back to the mix of crap that is left.

Bring in some people and companies that deal with promoting and creating logos and brand marketing.

Have them and the committee again narrow it down to 5 or 6.(include just North Dakota as an option.....I think after the next few steps it would fall out of the running)

Have these marketing companies go back to their offices and have their teams put together some logo ideas and marketing concepts and create image branding campaigns.

Put these best ideas together and then present these logos and concepts to the public.(the idea to pick just a name and then worry about the important stuff has to be one of the most incompetent plans ever put together by someone with more than a 9th grade education.)

I think when people see the marketing plans and logos created that 'North Dakota" would likely fall in popularity. I know many on here like to group all those who are currently in favor of continuing to use "North Dakota" as "Sioux Forever" people. I and many others that favor using North Dakota as a name for now are doing so because it is the best choice of what is left at this point.

This is where a Leader has to say we had a flawed and failed process and make the corrections vs. the awe, !@#$ it lets just ram it though

June of 2015

Should have just had the committee formed, left out the wasted money on the consultants and brought in a few people locally with experience in the marketing business like UND alum Jason Loney of Scheels who has a little experience with Pro and College licensing and a couple key people from any of the following large regional companies whose job is to work with logos and designs like CI Apparel, S&S(Brad Ness is another alum), Lake Shirts, etc.(I left out a couple companies including mine). Narrow it down to 3 or 4 acceptable choices and have those companies go back to their marketing people and art staffs and come up with some concepts and ideas rather than pick a name and then say "welp lets see what we can come up with"

They gather the info, discuss it and announce a name and explain why they chose that name and it's over. Now they are going to end up with a name that the majority of people do not want since they dangled out the possibility of going by the current status quo of being The University of North Dakota and that is the most popular choice among the people who truly matter. Absolute transparency isn't always the best thing when you involve the general public due to the 7 out of 10 rule.

September of 2014

The fact that there doesn't seem to be anyone on the committee with a marketing background or experience in collegiate licensing is more than a little troubling. With companies in the area like Lake Shirts(Blue 84), CI Sport, Coaches Choice(in full disclosure, my employer and a big NDSU supporter), and even S&S Promotions. One would think they could find someone like a Rick Fletcher from CI whose company works with collegiate licenses all over the country and would have valuable input into what works and what doesn't from a marketing and logo standpoint, or a Brad Ness from S&S who currently have the Green and White clothing line and I believe is a UND alum, or my brother who was a collegiate buyer for Scheels for 10+ years and has worked with colleges and licenses all over the country for Coaches Choice and is also a UND grad or Jason Loney from Scheels who is also a UND grad would make sense.

I was right then and I am right now. Keep the committee if you want, tell the consultant to go kick rocks.....this could be done in under a month since they don't have to start from square 1. Take a look at the original entrants and go from there. I would guess that more from the discarded list than the current list would make final 5.

I had been looking forward to this day & now I find myself bewildered disappointed & wishing I didn't care

I can see my grandkids getting this stuff for Xmas (cause my wife likes them to love Sioux Hockey) Opps! 

But I can't see myself ever wearing it

Now I almost wish I would have got a Hoodie like everyone else in my family with just the new name on it 

Maybe a hat ? ? ?

16 minutes ago, dagies said:

... I don't expect them to like it and they have the right to express their opinions.  But sometimes it's time to take the high road. Especially the captain.

Someone should let the lads know that at times silence, the well timed and well placed pregnant pause, can say far more than words. 

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Someone should let the lads know that at times silence, the well timed and well placed pregnant pause, can say far more than words. 

I'm kind of interested in what the school thinks of some of the players public reactions...they clearly have a right to express their feelings but most programs would frown upon athletes saying stuff like that about the university they represent. I know UND athletes aren't allowed to wear any clothing of other universities or anything, at least while on campus or UND events, so I'd imagine speaking negatively about the universitiy on social media isn't well received either. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Berry or somebody reached out to the players and told them it's not a great logo or whatever, but that they should at least try and keep their negative opinions about it off social media. 

4 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

He isn't wrong.

So hockey team can act however they want but the rest of the athletic department is supposed to embrace it?  Its what they have been doing and its getting embarrassing.  

Where is Lazy Faison to straighten them out?  He off for another month now?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

8 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

He isn't wrong.

Yep. Exactly. Put the logo on the shoulder. Keep North Dakota script with number on the front. What's the matter with that? BC and UMass Lowell do it like that.

They can make an alternate jersey with the logo on the front if they really want to.

13 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

So hockey team can act however they want but the rest of the athletic department is supposed to embrace it?  Its what they have been doing and its getting embarrassing.  

Where is Lazy Faison to straighten them out?  He off for another month now?

I don't care if the hockey team or any team for that matter embraces the name or logo. I'd be surprised if Faison says anything to the hockey team if he was gonna he would have a long time ago with the Siouxforever stuff. He knows they bring in the money and just won a National Championship and doesn't wanna upset anyone in the hockey program.

• Downvote 1