1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

11 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

:lol:

What I meant was, the football program never embraced the Sioux logo to the point of prominently displaying it on their uniforms.   I'm sure many players embraced the logo.  I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

I can think of only two uniform iterations where the Sioux logo appeared anywhere on the football uniform. In the 1980s, the blackhawk logo briefly appeared on the sleeve for a season or two.  And in the early 2000s, there was a tiny patch under the neck collar.  Someone can correct me if I'm forgetting something.  My point was that if the football program didn't embrace a nickname logo as great as the Sioux logos were, why would they start now with this one?

My first reaction, was to look at the Calendar and see if it was April 1st.  Second thought was, "Are these the same guys who designed the new North Dakota License plates").  I had too much faith in Ed, I guess.  Although, the other choices could have been worse!!  :)  And is it me, or does the N not being even make the D look like a P?  It's weird. . . and not in a cool way. 

1 hour ago, mksioux said:

No. Per Bubba, they will have this new atrocity on their helmets this coming season.  I guess technically there is an N and D somewhere in that logo (arguably), but you can't dispute that this is a remarkable departure for the football team, which has used pretty much the same logo on its helmet since 1969.  And before that, they just had numbers on the helmets.  The football team has never incorporated the nickname logo on to its helmet.  It's disappointing that they will use this new logo to do so. 

Football people should be made to share the pain.  The hockey team had to give up its identity, time for the football program to pay the price too.

I won't sugarcoat it, that new logo is fricking horrible.  Congrats, you just went from the best logo in the country to the absolute worst. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If we are stuck with this steaming pile, it needs to be "the logo of shame" - where only the under-performing and disappointing programs have to use it (looking at you, Mens BB).  Once excellence is achieved, the logo can come off.  

19 minutes ago, nodakhoops said:

Really don't want to read through this thread. Will just say the logo is good enough for me and that I wish the hockey coaches/team would step up and be leaders with this. They get behind it and others will follow. If they want to see what a leader looks like in this situation the can walk over to memorial stadium and find a bunch of them.

This logo won't look good at all on the front of a hockey jersey. I hope they use this as a shoulder patch only, and keep North Dakota on the front.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fargosioux said:

This logo won't look good at all on the front of a hockey jersey. I hope they use this as a shoulder patch only, and keep North Dakota on the front.

This logo will be lucky to make it to the shoulder of a hockey jersey.

• Upvote 2

I was looking forward to today's reveal because I was ready to move forward with a good logo. Something identifiable. Something unique. You know, anything from the criteria that was laid out at the start of this mess. Instead, I got one last jab into the kidneys. I won't be spending a dime on apparel.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, mksioux said:

Ok, I think most reasonable people agree that in the grand scheme of things, a logo isn't a huge deal.  That doesn't mean people shouldn't have an opinion on it.

I suspect the decision to retire the interlocking ND logo was not made by Bubba, but from the administration.  If that's the case, I have no problem with him making the best of it and embracing it.  I disagree with the decision to retire the interlocking ND logo.     

As for Coach Berry, I don't think he'll be any less of a leader if he chooses to keep NORTH DAKOTA as the primary identifier on the hockey jersey. Maybe put this new logo on the shoulders and call it good.  He doesn't have to publicly bash the new logo, but I don't think he needs to prominently display it on the jerseys to demonstrate leadership qualities.  After all, a logo doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things, right?  

Bubba's not doing it prominently either for football.  He's simply replacing the ND logo that was taken away from him with the current ND logo.  It wont be displayed prominently on the jerseys any time soon and will remain "North Dakota" there too.

So how would that be any different from hockey?

1 minute ago, southpaw said:

Which is a shame since it is the logo of the University of North Dakota hockey team.

Why is it such a shame.  Please understand some logic as the football team only used the Sioux logo in very, very minor ways over the years.  As President Kelley said when he started.  They play as the University of North Dakota, so if a team wants to just have North Dakota on their jerseys, it should be OK for everyone.  Their decision.

• Upvote 1

Just now, KSSioux said:

Why is it such a shame.  Please understand some logic as the football team only used the Sioux logo in very, very minor ways over the years.  As President Kelley said when he started.  They play as the University of North Dakota, so if a team wants to just have North Dakota on their jerseys, it should be OK for everyone.  Their decision.

Even when the football team only had the Sioux (or no) logo in minor ways, they still had the "other" logo for UND athletics.  Now there is only one logo.