283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 minute ago, ClassB said:

-and relatively, I think they probably do keep quiet about a lot of things on social media. I don't think its so clear-cut with the nickname.

When you start talking about the university counseling them on a proper public response in advance, it starts to feel a little bit like a gag order.

The baseball team handled their program getting cut better than the hockey team handled a new logo.

In today's world, getting taught how others perceive your social media posts is more important in some cases than what is being taught in class. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

100% agreed how i'm feeling on this...need a stand alone logo...no one outside of of north dakota knows what the heck that n and d are...not needed...color it up and will be fine

We could have a variation that has the hawk without the "ND" behind it. That would look good on a hockey jersey.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, homer said:

The baseball team handled their program getting cut better than the hockey team handled a new logo.

In today's world, getting taught how others perceive your social media posts is more important in some cases than what is being taught in class. 

Did you see the baseball teams public twitter reaction? Are you kidding?

• Upvote 2

My thoughts are its a clean safe logo to go with a safe name. To me it feels more like a secondary logo than a primary one though. I'm not mad about it I will still embrace the University and to be honest this is about what I expected with the given nickname. 

• Upvote 3

A real hit!  They managed to incorporate elements from the old Sioux logos in a subtle way and came up with a real winner. Three feathers like the Brien and Blackhawk logos and the "N" is a tribute to the Geometric logo.  It is as "Sioux" looking as could possibly be done and at the same time it is the new identity.  I was hoping that they could find a way to honor the past while moving forward and they hit it.  Roll out the merchandise.

19 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

7 minutes ago, Northcountry said:

A real hit!  They managed to incorporate elements from the old Sioux logos in a subtle way and came up with a real winner. Three feathers like the Brien and Blackhawk logos and the "N" is a tribute to the Geometric logo.  It is as "Sioux" looking as could possibly be done and at the same time it is the new identity.  I was hoping that they could find a way to honor the past while moving forward and they hit it.  Roll out the merchandise.

I real comedian aren't you.  What time are you on stage?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ClassB said:

Did you see the baseball teams public twitter reaction? Are you kidding?

One was responding to no longer being able to play for this university, the other to a logo design that at the end of the day has no effect on the experience they will have at this university, in the classroom or on the ice.  Regardless of the name, they will be equally prepared to compete at the next level and still be given every advantage to prepare.  They may not like the logo but at least they have the opportunity to compete and coach next season.  Their responses today have been pretty consistent with the entire process.

18 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

100% agreed how i'm feeling on this...need a stand alone logo...no one outside of of north dakota knows what the heck that n and d are...not needed...color it up and will be fine

You can't polish a turd.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Northcountry said:

you serious?

if this is how they incorporated the old logos and tributes the history that they missed the boat by a decade

First: It's about what I expected.

To those that say it seems more like a secondary logo, I'm wondering if that wasn't part of the thinking. Nothing would be satisfactory at this time (as someone said, even if it was hand delivered personally by the Almighty). 

But look at that FB uniform hypothetical: the wordmark is fine and the shoulder logo works. Same for basketball (save for the logo on the shorts). 

I think what your seeing is some level of acknowledgement to the "just North Dakota" crowd. For the time being I suspect this new primary logo will behave as a secondary and the wordmark will be dominant, effectively behaving as the primary (main jersey front), for a while. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

However, I wish they would've rolled out a "hawk only" (no ND) of the logo. I also wish they'd have rolled out the color-swapped versions of the logo (someone here had to do that). 

but will there be a "hawk" only logo...anyone recall when nau was rebranded but they had all their uni's and helmets and what not all ready for their press conference...this seemed half assed (right down to the generic t shirt ed put on)

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

but will there be a "hawk" only logo...anyone recall when nau was rebranded but they had all their uni's and helmets and what not all ready for their press conference...this seemed half assed (right down to the generic t shirt ed put on)

Yes. I expected more than one logo and one wordmark.