283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

How many Sioux logos did we cycle through before we got to the Brein logo with the cult following?

< ding > Winner. 

Like I speculated earlier: Everyone knows this logo is going to be disliked not on its merits but because of the circumstance. It's a primary that I suspect will act as a secondary for a while and during that same time the North Dakota wordmark will serve as a primary. After another period of adjustment, who knows. 

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

kinda like this

Now that is a beautiful logo.  It was shown on a football helmet earlier by a poster.  Why couldn't this be the logo........or does it seem to be too Native Am?  Take out the dot holding the feathers together and it could not be construed to be representing a Native Am. ornament.

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

51321d32002813.567b6e925d6e9.jpg

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

< ding > Winner. 

Like I speculated earlier: Everyone knows this logo is going to be disliked not on its merits but because of the circumstance. It's a primary that I suspect will act as a secondary for a while and during that same time the North Dakota wordmark will serve as a primary. After another period of adjustment, who knows. 

There's no doubt in my mind that we will eventually have a kick ass Hawks logo, just not quite yet. In the mean time I'll support my university and its sports teams just like I always do.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Schafer wanted the ND in the background to help differentiate this hawk from all the other college hawks and help make it distinctly North Dakota.

But if you ask me that's was taking the easy way out..."just throw an ND behind it." They did a pretty good job doing it (tying it to Minnesota) with the Wild logo....maybe needed to give SME more money for that?

14 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

If i were a student athlete...i'd be happy with pretty much any name and logo, as long as i got to be a part of a team (and had my education paid for in a lot of cases)

just sayin.

But they should be able to whine about everything though..... Especially if they win

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Anyone remember when the Wild came out? EVERYONE hated the logo and the name. Now you see Wild stuff everywhere with the same lame logo and the same lame nickname. North Stars forever! 

I thought it was fine from the start. I do like the Christmas Tree Jerseys too. 

38 minutes ago, Cratter said:

at the HPC today. 

Unless he did some media interview after the fact, Berry didn't speak at the event today.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

I don't care if the hockey team or any team for that matter embraces the name or logo. I'd be surprised if Faison says anything to the hockey team if he was gonna he would have a long time ago with the Siouxforever stuff. He knows they bring in the money and just won a National Championship and doesn't wanna upset anyone in the hockey program.

The hockey team doesn't get carte blanche to do as they please because they won a National Championship. If they are told to watch what they put on social media, especially in regards to commentary about UND and/or the nickname/logo, it wouldn't be the first time.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Anyone remember when the Wild came out? EVERYONE hated the logo and the name. Now you see Wild stuff everywhere with the same lame logo and the same lame nickname. North Stars forever! 

It doesn't hurt to have Zach Parie's name on one of them, too. 

6 hours ago, Cratter said:

Everyone on Facebook: "That's not the "Fighting Hawk" logo I voted for.

And these folks will be allowed out of the house the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November ... < facepalm > 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Old Barn Guy at Home said:

I'm just wondering where in North Dakota you will find a HAWK with a white head?  

Haven't seen too many hawks flying against a green sky either ... have ya? 

Did you see that herd of yellow bison grazing in north Fargo recently? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-1 said:

So hockey team can act however they want but the rest of the athletic department is supposed to embrace it?  Its what they have been doing and its getting embarrassing.  

Where is Lazy Faison to straighten them out?  He off for another month now?

Where was the University leadership when faculty were railing against the old nickname?  They effectively cost the university millions of dollars.

1 hour ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

I appreciate honesty. I appreciate that if Gage hates the new logo that he didn't hold back. The criticism of someone having an opinion is why we never hear athletes saying anything of substance. I'd much rather hear someone be blunt about how they think an awful logo is awful than hear him spit out some company line or cliche. Athletes are people and they have opinions. If they can't say what they think and are forced to toe some company line (like it seems some of you want) then why should anyone care what they have to say. They would just be parrots and I don't care to hear parrots talk.

Exactly, are we as alumni and fans supposed to spout the company line as well because it will hurt the university?  And let's talk about leadership!  The leadership that has brought us to the point that so many people do not like the name or logo.  Who actually hurt the university.  

• Upvote 4

A college is business . . . a company of sorts.  Being "alumni" is a great way of promoting their product.  Sports teams are a way of promoting their product.  YES . . . a product.  It's sold just a like a jar of peanut butter.

Honor and loyalty to a school is NOT the same as it was years ago.  Student athletes don't play a sport for "their school" . . . they go to the school that is giving them the best offer, much like any adult working for a company, or like a pro athlete plays for whatever team gives them the best offer.  I've never heard of an athlete turning down a pro contract because he didn't like the teams logo (although, i'm betting it probably happened somewhere)

If an employee talks smack about the company logo and whines about having to wear it on their company polo shirt, that employee will probably be out of work soon after no matter who they think they are.

The lesson of "shut up and get back to work" should sometimes be taught, as well.

Maybe I'm just missing something?  I'd expect fans to react however they may, but I'd expect the "employees" (student athletes) to just roll with it and be happy that they are getting the opportunities that they are getting.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12