283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

3 minutes ago, Irish said:

Wow, in a day of hyperbole you win the contest for the stupidest post of the day.  The hockey team exemplifies leadership from the coaches on down.  You "football only" guys are pretty quick to throw our National Champions under the bus for saying what we all know.  I can't believe anyone on this board is trashing these guys.

Because the won a national championship that means they can say and act however they choose?  That's interesting. 

Leadership is what the real Bubba did today at the presser.  The other one was silent and non-committal about supporting the name, as usual.  He completely dodged the question about new logo on Michaels show today and went into some BS about character.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Because the won a national championship that means they can say and act however they choose?  That's interesting. 

Leadership is what the real Bubba did today at the presser.  The other one was silent and non-committal about supporting the name, as usual.  He completely dodged the question about new logo on Michaels show today and went into some BS about character.

And Travis Brewster today basically said/implied (makes it ok since he didn't technically say it right?) UND will always be the Sioux. 

For those of us keeping score at home....

We had a fantastic name and logo taken away from us. I pragmatically accepted that. 

We had numerous committees come up with the process for the new name. The process included criteria that the new name had to follow. Of the numerous submissions, a name that did not meet the critria was put into the final mix of names, while the popular "just use North Dakota" was removed from the vote.  

A hawk logo made its way around social media.  I witnessed first hand people who thought that the hawk logo was going to be used in conjuction with the Fighting Hawks name.  We end up with a bland PC name that doesn't meet selection committee criteria.

An equally bland logo for the new name comes out and now not only do we lose the Sioux name and logo, we lose the recently revised interlocking ND logo that all of the teams had incorporated.  The interlocking ND logo has been on the helmets since the 1960's.

Does that pretty much sum things up?

2 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

For those of us keeping score at home....

We had a fantastic name and logo taken away from us. I pragmatically accepted that. 

We had numerous committees come up with the process for the new name. The process included criteria that the new name had to follow. Of the numerous submissions, a name that did not meet the critria was put into the final mix of names, while the popular "just use North Dakota" was removed from the vote.  

A hawk logo made its way around social media.  I witnessed first hand people who thought that the hawk logo was going to be used in conjuction with the Fighting Hawks name.  We end up with a bland PC name that doesn't meet selection committee criteria.

An equally bland logo for the new name comes out and now not only do we lose the Sioux name and logo, we lose the recently revised interlocking ND logo that all of the teams had incorporated.  The interlocking ND logo has been on the helmets since the 1960's.

Does that pretty much sum things up?

You missed the part where the university handed money to an out of state agency to give us the pearl of wisdom that when teams change their names they usually go with a color or a bird or a color and a bird. Then wasted more money on another out of state company to design the blandest logo possible. All of this while the state is in a budget deficit and students are getting their tuition jacked up.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

And Travis Brewster today basically said/implied (makes it ok since he didn't technically say it right?) UND will always be the Sioux. 

He re-tweeted a former UND player.  Did you read his other tweet?  "Here at UND embrace and respect the history that made us. Focus our energy building the new to make history too."

Still waiting for Berry's supportive tweet....

Just now, UND1983 said:

He re-tweeted a former UND player.  Did you read his other tweet?  "Here at UND embrace and respect the history that made us. Focus our energy building the new to make history too."

Sounds like what Berry has also been saying, but Berry get the wrath?

Just now, Cratter said:

Sounds like what Berry has also been saying, but Berry get the wrath?

When did he say that and where?  I have yet to hear anything about the future, only about the current culture and embracing the past history. 

But that's OK, they can be the only program not supporting the University through this extremely tough time, right?

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

I appreciate honesty. I appreciate that if Gage hates the new logo that he didn't hold back. The criticism of someone having an opinion is why we never hear athletes saying anything of substance. I'd much rather hear someone be blunt about how they think an awful logo is awful than hear him spit out some company line or cliche. Athletes are people and they have opinions. If they can't say what they think and are forced to toe some company line (like it seems some of you want) then why should anyone care what they have to say. They would just be parrots and I don't care to hear parrots talk.

Any athlete who actually supports the University through this sh*tty situation is a parrot.  :silly:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

You missed the part where the university handed money to an out of state agency to give us the pearl of wisdom that when teams change their names they usually go with a color or a bird or a color and a bird. Then wasted more money on another out of state company to design the blandest logo possible. All of this while the state is in a budget deficit and students are getting their tuition jacked up.

Ben Brien's try was a-swing-and-a-miss. And blaming SME is foolish. The vote gave them chicken < bleep >, another "adjective hawk", and they had to try to make chicken salad. 

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Any athlete who actually supports the University through this sh*tty situation is a parrot.  :silly:

That's not what I said. If they support it they support it. You don't have to hate the new logo. I'm sure there are athletes out there that like it. I don't. Neither does Gage. And I appreciate that he is being honest. To question Gage's intelligence and leadership because he doesn't like a logo and said as much is quite childish.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, nodak651 said:

They did OK with the wild logo.  Guessing you are the one that already graded the new logo as an F...

Actually - that was me and I nailed.  Who said anything about screwing up the interlocking N and D.  What a complete failure!

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Ben Brien's try was a-swing-and-a-miss. And blaming SME is foolish. The vote gave them chicken < bleep >, another "adjective hawk", and they had to try to make chicken salad. 

I'm not blaming SME. I'm blaming the university. They have been wiping their asses with money since the beginning of this process years ago.