283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 hour ago, mksioux said:

Sure.  I'd tell him that.  Respectfully, of course.  The football team never embraced the University's logo in the past and there was no need to do it now.  

You apparently have never interacted with any former UND football players.

57 minutes ago, Ranger said:

He's a company man... it's his job.  What else would you expect from him?

And you apparently have never had a conversation with Bubba. If he's a company man, it is only because he cares more about UND than pretty much anyone out there, not because of something he is or isn't supposed to do.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Note... These are not official!

I just wanted to see what the logo would look like with different color jerseys.  I have no idea if this is the route UND/SME is taking with the negative space:

Black_ND_on_Green.jpg

Getting warmer.

From the Herald's Q&A...

Will this replace the interlocking ND athletics logo?

The interlocking ND mark will continue through the next academic year before it is moved to the Dacotah Legacy Collection. Fans will continue to see this in some current applications until such time as updates to facilities and the like are needed.

26 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Some are wondering if this is a "transitional" logo.

Other thoughts are too rectangle...lots of white space if they put it center ice at the Ralph.

I was curious about that as well.  Seems like you don't see landscape rectangle logos too often.

18 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what would it look like if the "hawk" was green the nd was black and the black swoosh/eyes were white?  probably better and less racist.

Your logo (in your picture) is WAY better than what was chosen (two different companies obviously). However I wonder if SME had chosen to add more color they would have gotten sued by the company which created the logo in your picture?

1 hour ago, tnt said:

So if nobody buys the merchandise, can we start the logo process over?

Probably not....but you sure as hell will make your point by financially hurting the teams and university you love. (high five)

And that's really what we all want here.....to stick it to UND the best way we can.

I'm still trying to figure out more ways that we can hurt UND....be right back....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

It appears to me that they were trying replicate and replace the interlocking ND  logo, not to replicate the Sioux warrior logo. It has a very corporate feel to it, the previous one had an artistic feel to it. It was not what I was expecting at all so it's going to take me some time.