SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 6:48 AM, sioux24/7 said:

On 8/2/2021 at 11:39 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

haters gonna hate

Some things don't change I guess. A decade later and I'm still living rent free in some of these losers minds. I was trying to explain to a friend in Finland how serious football is in the states and explained I had grown men talking crap about me as a 20 year old on a forum website and got on here to show him posts from 2012, I was shocked when the last post with my name in it was 2021, but you helped prove my point.

You guys are some of my biggest fans so you might as well check out my podcast on Youtube or Spotify, I'll tell the full story about how terrible of a situation UND was while I was there on next episode (#98). I know you all like to hear some gossip :) 

btw, it's no longer JBradSwagg... it's "Living for a Living" now so if you could start calling me that on here that'd be great :P

Much love and thanks for always keeping me in mind, it means a lot <3

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, J Brad Swagg said:

Some things don't change I guess. A decade later and I'm still living rent free in some of these losers minds. I was trying to explain to a friend in Finland how serious football is in the states and explained I had grown men talking crap about me as a 20 year old on a forum website and got on here to show him posts from 2012, I was shocked when the last post with my name in it was 2021, but you helped prove my point.

You guys are some of my biggest fans so you might as well check out my podcast on Youtube or Spotify, I'll tell the full story about how terrible of a situation UND was while I was there on next episode (#98). I know you all like to hear some gossip :) 

btw, it's no longer JBradSwagg... it's "Living for a Living" now so if you could start calling me that on here that'd be great :P

J Brad Swagg no longer? Psh, the swagg is eternal.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

J Brad Swagg no longer? Psh, the swagg is eternal.

:D I can't believe how much that stuck/got under people's skin. You're definitely gonna wanna hear this next episode, should be out Wednesday night, I'm looking forward to a reaction from you specifically. 

1 hour ago, J Brad Swagg said:

Just gave you another view on YouTube. Starts talking about his UND experience around the 41 mark. I can agree with your Mussman take, that’s for sure. 

46 minutes ago, J Brad Swagg said:

Dang, I forgot I had even said all that.. How'd you find that so fast? Appreciate the listen.

I listened from 41 on.  Liked it and will check outs some of the other episodes.  Your thoughts on the assistants and the other coaches you named was interesting.  You follow the program much, or at all, and have you seen any games recently?  If you havent taped the new pod, would be curious to know your thoughts on Freund as OC now and the state of the program overall.

• Like 1

Loved the UND chat.

He mentions a "great offensive line."  Was that the last time a QB felt that way?

There's a suggestion of "outside pressure" to rid the team of Mussman and insinuates that the "Forum" may have had some influence in that. I hope to God that is NOT TRUE today. We do not know what we are talking about most of the time.

He said GF was a great town to party at so UND has that going for it.

I'm a bit upset that he suggests that ND is about 10 years behind the world on everything. I would say more about this, but I'm heading out to watch the new movie in town about a struggling boxer called Rocky.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I do remember the name Joey Bradley

watched the pod at 41 minutes 

seems like an interesting guy

concerning we had a head coach and other coaches that sounded like over their heads in football and interpersonal skills 

And dealing with players smoking joints “all the time?” Sounds like there were a heap of problems the AD should have stepped in and helped a struggling young coach. Grand Forks is a great party school and city? I don’t really believe that and it makes me wonder just what Muss all had to deal with.  Good to hear the insider viewpoint and I would watch another video.

7 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

And dealing with players smoking joints “all the time?” Sounds like there were a heap of problems the AD should have stepped in and helped a struggling young coach. Grand Forks is a great party school and city? I don’t really believe that and it makes me wonder just what Muss all had to deal with.  Good to hear the insider viewpoint and I would watch another video.

There was no AD at the time of Mussman’s hiring. That’s the problem. Add a president that couldn’t have cared any less about athletics and you get a recipe for trouble.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It is clear that Joey did not appreciate his time as a member of the UND team and under Mussman.  I can understand that as the leadership was lacking. But when digging into his thoughts in that video above he seems to have forgot how things were in 2011.  

He mentioned not being able to throw to Ivery, who was a very average player and never accomplished much of anything in his career here.  He fails to mention he also had RJ McGill and Greg Hardin to throw to.  Yah that Hardin. 

He mentions being benched vs Poly in week 7 when he started out 4-17 with 2 picks.  What he fails to mention is Goska went on to lead UND to a 4-0 record to end the season and win the Great West championship, including that crazy comeback vs USD in the finale.  

To be fair, Muss was a poor leader.  He is a good OC, not a good HC.  I understand his issues on that end, 100%.  

• Upvote 3