SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

12 hours ago, VMeister said:

Santiago to the Blue Bombers. 

John was miserable to try to contain on a 53.3 x 120 yard (counting end zones) field of play. 

Now imagine 65 x 150 yards (counting end zones). 

• Upvote 3

I'm ready for football season. With Santiago and Oliveira playing for Winnipeg,  football that I'm interested in starts mid-summer this year. I wonder what the TV viewing options are for the CFL besides ESPN.

10 hours ago, TBR said:

I'm ready for football season. With Santiago and Oliveira playing for Winnipeg,  football that I'm interested in starts mid-summer this year. I wonder what the TV viewing options are for the CFL besides ESPN.

I am hoping ESPN+ is airing games as well.

11 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Will these two be competing against each other?

Good point, but they're both so talented that in my estimation they will both play this season, even if one of them ultimately ends up on another CFL roster. I for one will be following the fortunes of both players.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Will these two be competing against each other?

probably not. my guess is santiago will be used more as a receiver than RB while brady will be a 1st and 2nd down RB, and probably will get goalline work as well. 

Winnipeg coach on Brady.

Here’s O’Shea on RB Brady Oliveira, the Winnipeg product who was selected in the second round of this year’s CFL Draft:

“As advertised. He’s smart. He’s strong. He’s thick, he’s fast, he’s got very quick feet. I think he’s going to adjust extremely well.”

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Article from January confirming that ESPN networks will air 20 games and ESPN+ will stream them all. I look forward to following Winnipeg this summer!

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/01/14/cfl-espn-espn-networks-multi-year-agreement/

Sure I just dropped ESPN+ last month.  Didn't think I would need it until August.  Well changed.  Need to watch thunder and lighting.

• Upvote 1