SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

On 8/17/2019 at 12:21 AM, OgieOgilthorpe said:

... a quiet game is usually a good sign for a corner 

Yup. DBs are like hockey defensemen: When you notice them it's normally not for a good thing. When you don't recall a play by them they're probably doing it right. 

23 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Looks like Harris had two tackles yesterday and the Redskins cut a corner. 

It would be great to see Deion jump a route for a pick six this week. I'd love to see the kid get a shot. OR if he gets cut, maybe the Vikes could give him a shot :D

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

It would be great to see Deion jump a route for a pick six this week. I'd love to see the kid get a shot. OR if he gets cut, maybe the Vikes could give him a shot :D

The Vikings picking him up is a possibility with Zim being a cornerback whisperer and with Hughes coming back with a knee injury last year.  Plus Hill being suspended.  This is all on the premises he gets cut of course.  I hope he makes Washington's roster.

4 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Bad news just saw that the Redskins released Deion. It would be nice for someone to pick him up on a roster spot but hopefully he can continue to impress on the practice squad. I’m assuming they will be picking him up for that.

Heard the Vikings might be looking for at least temporary depth in the secondary

11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Man he could run, seems he lost a step or two as the years went on unfortunately.

It wasn't so much he lost a step as teams knew how to scheme against the UND run game, they were keying on Santiago to stop those big runs.