SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This will end up as, how do you say it, ... he gone!

I hope not. 

Definitely didn't help his chances. 

His return game looked strong so I'm hoping that's his saving grace. Having that skill set, along with giving their RB corps AND WR corps some depth should give him a decent shot. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looking at the Bomber message boards, a lot of those guys have good things to say about Santiago.  Consensus seams to be him ending up on practice squad due to the ratio of non canadians.  We will find out by tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Anyone with a more advanced knowledge of football know his downsides? Such a nice and talented kid that seems to be struggling at the next level. 

He wasn't Canadian or a QB so his chances of making the team were basically zero.  Especially since they drafted Brady.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

He wasn't Canadian or a QB so his chances of making the team were basically zero.  Especially since they drafted Brady.

Especially how the Bombers use their running back slots:

Starter, backup and practice squad players are all Canadian...  Throwing an American in there really screws up their ratio.

On 6/8/2019 at 4:50 PM, Dale said:

Santiago was cut today and did not get placed on the practice squad.  

I get why Santiago would want to get on a CFL practice squad. You don't make any money but you keep your dream alive. I see  John Crockett was cut from Ottawa but make their practice squad. I really don't get why someone who is 3 or 4 years out of college and had a taste of the NFL would try to hang on with very little chance of getting back to the NFL.

• 2 weeks later...