SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings

jimdahl

1 hour ago, NoDakFan said:

Gonna say it, but I think it;d be real interesting if the top4 stayed put and UND dropped down to a 4 seed. If that's the case, Harvard would likely be coming out to Fargo which I think would be hilarious/.

Yeah, can you picture the Boston Ivy types landing at Hector?  As spread out as Fargo is, with such light traffic, it'd probably confuse the heck out of some of them! :D

46 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

I've seen Harvard play. I don't think it would be hilarious to have to play them.

Haha, I don't really want to have to play any of the 1 seeds. However, I think having an east coast team have to travel out to Fargo as a 1 seed would start quite the shitshow that western teams have complained about for a while. And the reason they'd put Harvard there as opposed to any of the other 3 is to avoid those conference matchups - which also gives the NCHC a chance for a all NCHC frozen four. 

1 minute ago, NoDakFan said:

Haha, I don't really want to have to play any of the 1 seeds. However, I think having an east coast team have to travel out to Fargo as a 1 seed would start quite the shitshow that western teams have complained about for a while. And the reason they'd put Harvard there as opposed to any of the other 3 is to avoid those conference matchups - which also gives the NCHC a chance for a all NCHC frozen four. 

Other years, I'd be ok with this. This year, and the way UND has played against those top NCHC teams ... no thanks!

1 minute ago, NoDakFan said:

I've been to an all one conference Frozen Four. It really isn't that exciting,

1 hour ago, iluvdebbies said:

I've been to an all one conference Frozen Four. It really isn't that exciting,

Throw out conferences and 05 had two of the top five rivalries in all of college hockey! And maybe three if you rank UND/DU that high. That's exciting, just a bad final outcome for the good guys.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

Throw out conferences and 05 had two of the top five rivalries in all of college hockey! And maybe three if you rank UND/DU that high. That's exciting, just a bad final outcome for the good guys.

Agreed, tough to lose to DU, but that was a very fun frozen four to watch. We snuck 2 or 3 cases of beer up into our dorm room in a hockey bag before the game against the Gophers. Bottling clinking and clanking down the hallway. Great time!!

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Pretty easy formula.  Win 2 games against St Cloud this weekend, and win at least one game against UMD, Denver, or WMU in Minneapolis and we are in.  

We might get in with a sweep this weekend and a loss in The Cities ! Over half the teams playing these next two weekends will loose a game.

10 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Pretty easy formula.  Win 2 games against St Cloud this weekend, and win at least one game against UMD, Denver, or WMU in Minneapolis and we are in.  

I would take this. OR we could win 2 this weekend and 2 next weekend! :)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Maybe another 4 wins after that?!?!?!

I just can't figure this team out. They looked great last weekend and on Friday night against Omaha but then follow up with the Saturday game against omaha. Maybe, just maybe, they can play consistent and get out of there in two games this weekend.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

I just can't figure this team out. They looked great last weekend and on Friday night against Omaha but then follow up with the Saturday game against omaha. Maybe, just maybe, they can play consistent and get out of there in two games this weekend.

If this team can consistently play their game for a full 60 minutes, they have a chance against anyone. Unfortunately, the overall skill and depth of this team is nowhere near last years team (not that we can expect that every year). I think that means some games you will need a full team effort, some games your stars to step up, some games you need some 3rd and 4th line scoring, and some games you may just need outstanding goal tending to steal one. What I do know is, if you make the tourney, you have a shot to win it.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

If this team can consistently play their game for a full 60 minutes, they have a chance against anyone. Unfortunately, the overall skill and depth of this team is nowhere near last years team (not that we can expect that every year). I think that means some games you will need a full team effort, some games your stars to step up, some games you need some 3rd and 4th line scoring, and some games you may just need outstanding goal tending to steal one. What I do know is, if you make the tourney, you have a shot to win it.

Of course we all know we would be a bit down this year but I also do not see as many dominant teams this year either. Last year there were at least 5 really good teams. This year I would say 2-3 tops. The inconsistent play has been hard to explain I guess. Like you said, just get in and see what happens! 

Edit- Part of me still can't get over losing to CC that Saturday night so that is affecting my thoughts on them. I left that rink speechless that night.

20 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Would it be as funny as when we played Yale? I am still laughing about that one....I think the Gophers are as well.???

Even worse was the fact that NoDak should have been ready for Yale the second time around AND had watched Minnesota lose to the Bulldogs the day before!

17 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Even worse was the fact that NoDak should have been ready for Yale the second time around AND had watched Minnesota lose to the Bulldogs the day before!

30 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Which time 2010 or 2013? :(:angry:

My point is I am more and more starting to feel our fans drift into Gopher fan territory with arrogance and lack of respect for other programs. To be fair, I don't know if runaroundsioux thought it would be funny because an eastern team and #1 seed at that would have to travel west to play or if he doesn't think much of the Harvard hockey program?

3 minutes ago, petey23 said:

My point is I am more and more starting to feel our fans drift into Gopher fan territory with arrogance and lack of respect for other programs. To be fair, I don't know if runaroundsioux thought it would be funny because an eastern team and #1 seed at that would have to travel west to play or if he doesn't think much of the Harvard hockey program?

It's likely due to the difference between Harvard Square and the cultural wasteland that is Fargo.  The shock was demonstrated by the BU player that tweeted a pic after landing at GFK.