SiouxSports.com Forum

Player Departures

homer

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

He's not the first or last great OL UND has landed. It sucks he left. Good luck to him. Time to move on to guys that are actually on the team.

If he isn't happy here for whatever reason, it is better he leaves. Nothing screws up a locker room more than a disgruntled player.

On Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 8:22 PM, geaux_sioux said:

He's not the first or last great OL UND has landed. It sucks he left. Good luck to him. Time to move on to guys that are actually on the team.

Next man up is right; however, after watching him play, I think he could play on Sunday. Hope UND lands a kid with his athleticism to play OL.

9 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

I appreciate the question but I will not speculate on that. 

Fair enough.  You just stated matter of factly he was going to pursue a degree elsewhere. You must know him to some extent. I don't know him at all but I did work for a while with individuals like him in the environment he came from. I saw many who had opportunity or had talents to make a better way for themselves only to throw it away. Hopefully he isn't one of them.

What stands out for me was how nimble he was on his feet for for a very large man.   Returned kickoffs in high school as well had 4 interceptions including one while diving out of bounds.  The guy has unbelievable athleticism, for anyone , but for someone his size it is  just crazy.  

Also, he was the one santiago was running behind at the end of the year.  He moved people and could move himself for pulling purposes.  

4 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

It sucks but wish the best to Elijah.

So with that we lose 4 of our 5 starting o-lineman correct? Only Stockwell back?

1 returning starter.  Will have stockwell, Aplin, miller, taylor, cox, bell, Francis, stiner, Rooney, and Blair back..... Hopefully.  A lot can happen by august. 

Loose a lot with boas , Meehan, anderson and now Grady.   A lot games played between those men.  It will take time for the new guys to gel and get the right assinents down but there is talent, just don't see the depth being there.  Hope for no injuries.  I could see the starters as demon, stockwell, Aplin, cox and miller.  Good group, but inexperience would be an understatement.  

Man that stinks if true. Hope everything is ok with the young man. I know nothing at all but if it's a case of providing for his family he had legitimate nfl potential. They pay pretty well there. Best NFL ol prospect we've had since Kuper imo. Think he could've made a lot of money on Sunday's assuming he worked hard and stayed injury free but if the heart isn't in it then it isn't in it. 

Kids like Grady don't come out of ND often. Good luck to Elijah but I will really miss watching him play. What a pleasure to watch that kid play.

Every school loses good players every year - and to say that no one is not replacible is insecure and disrespectful to those who are staying and working their tail off. I'm willing to assume there is more to the story and his decision, but wow tough decision to walk away from a great education, personal growth plus the opportunity to be a visible role model and help others set goals. I'll assume he considered this in his decision and did what he felt he had to do. Best wishes to the young man. 

• Upvote 1