SiouxSports.com Forum

Player Departures

homer

Using player names when passing on rumors is a tough call, even when the information sparking the rumor is pretty solid. Like others, I had heard some things about a player departing, but wasn't about to disclose the source or the name of the player. It just didn't seem like the right thing to do.

These guys are young adults - emphasis on the young. Minds and circumstances change, so even though it sounded like a done deal it just didn't seem right to attach a name to the rumor. Putting a name out there could easily hurt the situation and almost certainly wouldn't help, so why do it?

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Then, why share 50% of the info in the first place?  What good does that do anybody other than to make you feel like you know stuff others don't.

Again, whether a poster shares 10% or 90%, that's up to them. If the rest of are unable to glean enough info from that, too bad. If we learn want we think we need to learn, then, good for us. But, if I or you take from it that someone is trying to grand stand and act as if they know something that others don't, who cares? Its not that big a deal. I don't. Its an entertainment and info share board. I don't feel dejected if the sun sets and I haven't gotten smarter about UND football and neither should anyone else. IMO

15 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

GFhockey didn't reveal anything. Ozzie82 did. GFhockey jumped on an assertion that someone else made and acted like he knew it the whole time -- just like he usually does. In the grand scheme of things it all really amounts to a hill of beans.  You might not be aware of GFHockey's past history on this site. Quite simply, the apology he's trolling for is not his to ask for.  

I don't know GFhockey or his post long-term post history, but I also read where Ozzie82 was also unfairly taken to task for posting on this subject.  So, if you are saying Ozzie82 is due an apology, I agree 100% with that.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Are you going to apologize for all the times you were wrong and whatever it was you threw at the wall didn't stick?

Of course he isn't.  He doesn't need to.  Reverse psychology is a powerful tool and he used it to land us Bubba!  

Still cant figure out who needs to apologize to gfhockey and why.

If anything, apologies should be made to Demon Taylor, Bryce Blair, John Santiago, Keaton Studsrud, et al or any other name that was speculated about in this thread that never had any intention of leaving.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Still cant figure out who needs to apologize to gfhockey and why.

If anything, apologies should be made to Demon Taylor, Bryce Blair, John Santiago, Keaton Studsrud, et al or any other name that was speculated about in this thread that never had any intention of leaving.

I can get onboard with this too. If we as adults are going to discuss and post, let's agree to do it responsibly.

This is terrible news on so many fronts.  This young man would have grown tremendously over the next three years here and opportunities would have opened for him no matter where he decided to go and what to persue.  A huge loss for the team also.  I couldn't help but think of Chappel when I heard this news.  I don't know what all entered into this defection but it is, i'll call it a lack of a victory, for Bubba to not have solved this one for a better outcome.

4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This level of attrition is not sustainable if we are going to compete regionally and nationally. What is making players hang it up after one season like this? Or is it just bad luck? ???

Is the ratio of players leaving the team any different than the ratio of the general student population who leave college for whatever their personal reasons may be? My guess, and it's only a guess is that the retention of players for 4 or 5 years is much better than the dropout rate of the average student. Courses can be difficult and college is not for everyone.

3 minutes ago, dakota said:

Is the ratio of players leaving the team any different than the ratio of the general student population who leave college for whatever their personal reasons may be? My guess, and it's only a guess is that the retention of players for 4 or 5 years is much better than the dropout rate of the average student. Courses can be difficult and college is not for everyone.

It seems like it is happening more this offseason. Or maybe that is just perception overtaking reality?

3 minutes ago, dakota said:

The latest 6-year graduation rate I could find for UND is 52%, so I would think the retention of players on the football must be considerably greater than that.  All teams have attrition, you guys will survive.

• Upvote 1