SiouxSports.com Forum

Player Departures

homer

• 3 weeks later...

anyone know if its true that grady's gf is/was pregnant (so he went "home" to be nearer her) and is enrolled at a small college near his hometown (can only think of dsu) but maybe some tribal college?...and that bubba is working with his family (who were not really happy he left) to get him back on campus in the fall?

15 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

anyone know if its true that grady's gf is/was pregnant (so he went "home" to be nearer her) and is enrolled at a small college near his hometown (can only think of dsu) but maybe some tribal college?...and that bubba is working with his family (who were not really happy he left) to get him back on campus in the fall?

There's Fort Berthold Community College in New Town that has 200 some students, so the rumor you heard might be plausible.  Williston St is also not far.

40 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

All we can do is cross our fingers. Hope everything works out for him.

On 1/14/2016 at 7:07 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Hartness brothers transferring to MSUM per Izzo.

On 1/14/2016 at 7:12 PM, UNDBIZ said:

Did they finish the season still on the team? I thought I remembered hearing they had quit early on.

They were not on the team. They both quit during fall camp, if I remember correctly. I know it was before the first game.

15 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I though I read on one of these boards that he had, or was having, a kid. So that could be a complete rumor. If he really left school for this type of reason, I think there really needs to be a level of understanding, that a guy is trying to put his family responsibilities first. As a personal opinion, I still think the kid is best to do what he needs to do to get an education and provide for that family.

Regardless, I hope your rumor is true, that Bubba, and the Grady family would like to get Elijah back on campus. Purely as a football fan, I would love to see this kid back on the team. That being said, way more to life than football. 

Best of luck to this kid, regardless of what happens.

• Upvote 2

I have been told his girl friend was pregnant and probably had the baby by now.  Also he is studying at the community college.  I have been told he is a bright student.  I wish him the best with classes and family.  Maybe he can come back in the fall.  I'm not sure how that all work.  

13 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I have been told his girl friend was pregnant and probably had the baby by now.  Also he is studying at the community college.  I have been told he is a bright student.  I wish him the best with classes and family.  Maybe he can come back in the fall.  I'm not sure how that all work.  

I demand that we continue to blow up this rumor, until we can make it the truth. So it has been said, so it shall be done! :)

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I am pretty sure he had a baby before he even arrived on campus. He probably misses his kid and girlfriend if they are back in New Town. We don't know the family circumstances and maybe it isn't possible for her and the child to live in Grand Forks from a financial standpoint. Tough decisions for a young kid to make. Wish him the best.

12 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I am pretty sure he had a baby before he even arrived on campus. He probably misses his kid and girlfriend if they are back in New Town. We don't know the family circumstances and maybe it isn't possible for her and the child to live in Grand Forks from a financial standpoint. Tough decisions for a young kid to make. Wish him the best.

Tougher than most decisions I had to make in college.

Which cup do I aim for, without overthrowing the ping pong ball?

Bud Light or Miller Light? .... I guess I can only afford Busch

Do I pop my collar tonight? heck no, I'm not a Sigma Chi .... :) jk

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Would be great to see him come back and earn a degree

• Upvote 1

Definitely have to understand him for going back for those reasons.  Maybe after things settle down he could return to UND to get a degree, and if he continued to develop have a shot at the NFL and really set himself up to provide long term for his family.  That is a difficult situation for a young kid that age, and I agree with the post about most of us were trying to decide where the next party was in college.  Best of luck to him and his family in the future!