SiouxSports.com Forum

Player Departures

homer

19 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

Not a player defection, but assistant coach Marty Rodgers is leaving to go back to his alma mater--Southern Illinois.

Bummer to see Coach Rodgers go.  The secondary was improving but you can't fault a guy for wanting to return to his alma mater.  Best of luck to him.  

19 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

Not a player defection, but assistant coach Marty Rodgers is leaving to go back to his alma mater--Southern Illinois.

First opening for Bubba to fill since original staff was assembled; will be interesting to see which direction Bubba goes. Lennon possibility? Doubtful but intriguing nonetheless. 

On 12/27/2015 at 7:06 PM, UND Roughriders said:

Just going to go ahead and say it: I heard Demon Taylor is leaving. Not a huge loss, but hurts OL depth.

And I was the jerk for tossing out his name as a possibility because he wasn't from the area and was still young..... The kid had some real potential as a guard IMHO, certainly hurts from a depth perspective. Personally I thought he had a chance to start next year if he had a good off-season.

11 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Still waiting on how solid these sources and gossip are regarding Taylor...and still crickets.

Absolutely bull**** to speculate on actual names of speculative departures that have no merit.

Just a black eye for siouxsports.com. Shouldn't be allowed and should be vetted and moderated better.

So unfair to any kid who works hard, likes it at UND, does all the right things and has no intention of leaving

Pisses me off. Embarrassing.

I absolutely see the point you are making but...

...aren't you giving an anonymous poster's internet post just a little too much power over someone?

• Upvote 1

So you don't think students read here? How would you like it if someone walked up to you at work and said "I hear you are leaving" and it wasn't true or even if you were thinking about it would you want someone sharing that rumor about you. So now you're a college student athlete, you're on the fence and someone walks up and says. "Hey I heard you are leaving the team".

From what little I view on other fan sites the discussions and interest isn't about who might leave, but about who might come. 

Yup it's a free country, you can post what you want, we don't have to read these threads, but the question is "what value are they to supporting UND programs?". 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Csonked Out said:

And I was the jerk for tossing out his name as a possibility because he wasn't from the area and was still young..... The kid had some real potential as a guard IMHO, certainly hurts from a depth perspective. Personally I thought he had a chance to start next year if he had a good off-season.

So if he reports back for school, you will report back here that you were completely speculating and wrong?

15 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

So if he reports back for school, you will report back here that you were completely speculating and wrong?

He already said he threw out his name as a "possibility." That IS speculating.... he never said he wasn't. Nor do I think he should have to own up if he was "wrong" as his statement was never considered to be fact.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

I stated that I had no fact and it was pure speculation before I even made my statement. I didn't know him as a player, I didn't question the work ethics, or even the talent on the field. My statement was because he was a young player with no ties to the area, it was a perfectly logical thought process.

These guys are not doing this as charity, they are getting scholarships and now additional funds to cover expenses to play at a public university. They are at risk of losing scholarships annually and are in the public eye. I am not saying that anyone should start gossiping but if you preface your remark by stating it is speculation and you dont downgrade the person then who cares. It is no worse than commenting on how player had a bad game, after all you guys have no problem calling out a players poor performance and they all work hard.

Crap like this is the reason I no longer share inside info on here anymore, some of you are just ridiculous about it.

End of rant....

15 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

He already said he threw out his name as a "possibility." That IS speculating.... he never said he wasn't. Nor do I think he should have to own up if he was "wrong" as his statement was never considered to be fact.

So I ask, what the hell is point of throwing out random names if you have absolutely no information stating it's true?  Much like UND Roughrider did about Taylor, also.  What does anybody gain from that?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

So I ask, what the hell is point of throwing out random names if you have absolutely no information stating it's true?  Much like UND Roughrider did about Taylor, also.  What does anybody gain from that?

You have never speculated on rosters in sports before.....that just isn't true. I followed up my "calling him out" by stating it sucks because he could have been a starter at guard next fall.