SiouxSports.com Forum

Player Departures

homer

The goal is to get those who were mentioning someone leaving that will be missed to confirm if it is true. 

Ive heard small talk from a variety of people and the combination of chatter on here (page 1 and 2) with that had me thinking it could seriously be Santiago.

You guys seem to really like to poke at the snake bitten comment, so I'll elaborate. Get a really solid hire in Bubba but lose jameer and golladay, bring in dev lose him, get joe playing well, lose him, get Keaton playing well, lose him, drop some really big leads against average teams and miss out on the playoffs. I get that injuries happen to everyone and don't think we should be an exception, also that it takes time to build depth, but these are the things that make me think 'snake-bitten' is an appropriate statement, though perhaps 'we've been dogged by bad luck' would be more appropriate.

I certainly hope my guess was wrong and Vince has already confirmed that. It never was about saying I told you so, but with your reactions, it's no wonder trolls get the best of you. If he does leave, expect to hear something from me, not about me being right, but about your cannibalistic overreactions.

What I do see is that none of the OP's contradicted my conclusion.

All that being said, go find an NDSU troll to hassle, there is nothing but good intentions on my end. 

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Well here's an article with a player who actually has left UND.  Golladay is up for Yahoo's FBS catch of the year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/vote-for-the-catch-of-the-year--elite-8-193139116.html

His Huskies play Boise State today at 3:30 in the Poinsetta Bowl, good luck to Kenny.

14 minutes ago, homer said:

Not sure what type of reaction you expected when without any confirmation type that the starting all American running back is gone.  Hard to believe there was no intention to stir the pot. 

Believe what you will, I said I had a bad feeling, nothing conclusive. If you'll remember, back in I think October I had said I heard chatter from a few friends that they were worried he would leave, and I had told them they were ridiculous and came here for confirmation. Was again looking for confirmation either way. 

1 hour ago, ClassB said:

Believe what you will, I said I had a bad feeling, nothing conclusive. If you'll remember, back in I think October I had said I heard chatter from a few friends that they were worried he would leave, and I had told them they were ridiculous and came here for confirmation. Was again looking for confirmation either way. 

So what about my question  "Why you think it would be fun/interesting/valuable/productive/supportive to list names of players who have chosen UND, worked hard for UND, made a commitment to UND but because of a "bad feeling" they get named on a fan site as possible flight risks thus questioning their dedication."

32 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

So what about my question  "Why you think it would be fun/interesting/valuable/productive/supportive to list names of players who have chosen UND, worked hard for UND, made a commitment to UND but because of a "bad feeling" they get named on a fan site as possible flight risks thus questioning their dedication."

It seems to be the point of this thread--to talk about possible defections. It wasn't my idea, I didn't start the thread. If you see no value in this thread, as you have so eloquently expressed, feel free to mark the site as read before you decide to visit it again.

Your question only warrants the above response, but I'll bite. The value to me is getting insight from others--have they had similar worries or heard similar things? The only constructive response ive gotten is from Vince, and I thanked him promptly. If you'd like, I could question your motives on any controversial issue that may come up in the future ?

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

Can we be done with this thread!? When I open sioux sports this is the topic at fore front.  Scares the hell out of me!  If the unfortunate is to happen where a player has exited, can we then discuss it?  Because right now it's just bickering

^^^^very true. Lets kill this thread.

• Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2015 at 8:49 PM, homer said:

Not sure what this is.  Nothing there for me.  

Sorry, could not figure out posting that night... my comment was this is not Ladies Aid because you ALWAYS leave Ladies Aid knowing what is going on!!!  Even if it is just a health update of members...this is speculation!  Let's work to keep players and coaches.

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

How about this, as soon as somebody leaves the team we start a thread.

Well to be positive, will someone start a thread every time someone signs on?  A general leaving thread with some positive notes on how to save a future player is good. Also, on the sign on thread why they are coming to UND?

4 hours ago, UND Roughriders said:

Just going to go ahead and say it: I heard Demon Taylor is leaving. Not a huge loss, but hurts OL depth.

Not a huge loss!??  Demon would be a starter next year.  It's an absolute huge loss if true.   He has impressed me since his true freshman year.  I can only hope this is a rumor