SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I just went to New York a couple months ago.  It was about $400/ticket. Almost certainly better than driving.

Been researching, 1 to 2 hour drive depending on traffic, from Air Ports to Stony Brook, bring some quarters for the tolls. 

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Been researching, 1 to 2 hour drive depending on traffic, from Air Ports to Stony Brook, bring some quarters for the tolls. 

There is a fan forum for Stony Brook with a "UND Game" thread started by Siouxfan512 here: http://sbufan.createaforum.com/stony-brook-football/stony-brook-vs-north-dakota/

I've posted a couple questions about the game day experience.  It's not a very active board, but you may want to check it out and see if any locals have some advice.  In my trips to NYC, I rely on Public Transit and have had no issues getting around.  For me, it's much easier and more practical...it also helps I have a brother who's lived out there for the past 10+ years.  I'm looking forward to going to this game and hope there is a decent amount of UND fans there.

12 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Two words, Public Transportation.  Less of a headache.

28 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Fly to JFK. Hop the Long Island Rail Road from the airport to Stony Brook's campus. You'll go broke parking a car anywhere in NYC or Long Island.

http://scgp.stonybrook.edu/about/directions

Good points.  We have a former RB in the 90's that lives out there, is an attorney.  "Zulu" was a name he went by.  I am going to try and get him on the forum.

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Youth camp participation went from 41 kids in 2014 to 161 this year. Things are looking up for the class of 2022.

Wow - that is a tremendous improvement (although only 41 in '14 is an embarrassment)!  Hats off to Bubba and staff!

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Anyone else think getting to run around inside the HPC had something to do with it? And the parents knew the date wouldn't be a rain-out. 

Don't get me wrong, the HPC is great, but does football camps/practice get rained out these days?  I'm guessing the camp takes place rain or shine...or even snow.  This is football, not baseball. :)

24 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Don't get me wrong, the HPC is great, but does football camps/practice get rained out these days?  I'm guessing the camp takes place rain or shine...or even snow.  This is football, not baseball. :)

Kids, weather, ... lightning.
A roof and a more controlled environment has to be seen as a positive by the staff, the kids, and the parents. 

Delay in case of lightning...either way the HPC is great and I agree on that part.  Just don't like the idea of a little rain forcing the kids inside.   I believe playing/practicing in the elements helps build a toughness type of mentality and helps when having to play on the road, in the elements. 

3 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Delay in case of lightning...either way the HPC is great and I agree on that part.  Just don't like the idea of a little rain forcing the kids inside.   I believe playing/practicing in the elements helps build a toughness type of mentality and helps when having to play on the road, in the elements. 

totally agree . . . growing up in northern MN the only thing that ever stopped a practice was lighting or hale.

I'm  going to randomly throw this in here. Doesn't really fit in anywhere specific. They do a good job hitting on many of the big topics within UND athletics.  

But to tie it into the '16 football season they do have some discussion on UND in the Big Sky. As well as expectations for the football program and preseason polls. 

Benchwarmers from the GF BWWs

I haven't seen or heard any rumors that he won't be back, but I'd imagine Bubba is simply trying to curb the excitement regarding the situation in case something doesn't work out. You'd never want to say a guy is back if it doesn't work out that way. My guess is until he's enrolled in classes Bubba won't confirm anything. 

• Upvote 2