SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

Getting into the right graduate school was one part of it.  He changed his mind weeks ago from what I was told, before even receiving word on the MSU graduate school situation.  Their school isn't much different than UND, not like he applied at Princeton and didn't get in.  

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Walker has his undergrad from Colorado and has a year of eligibility for football left? I like it on so many levels. 

What was his undergrad and what's he studying in grad school? 

Near as I can tell, Sociology undergrad.

26 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Well, it is the political season, nice spin Bozeman City Kitties!!

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it was strange/amusing that someone with an undergrad from a fairly well regarded University of Colorado Boulder wasn't able to transfer into Montana State. Not a knock against MSU, they are very respectable in academics as well but just seems odd...

21 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it was strange/amusing that someone with an undergrad from a fairly well regarded University of Colorado Boulder wasn't able to transfer into Montana State. Not a knock against MSU, they are very respectable in academics as well but just seems odd...

You never know; some schools have esoteric course requirements for their grad school to effectively give preference to their own (or in-state) undergrads. 

This is great news!!   It's like Christmas in June!  Even though our corners will have another year of experience and coaching under their belt, until I see them turn their heads and make a play on those deep balls it still concerns me.  Having a quality player like this in the backfield sure will help us match up a little better when we play Bowling Green. 

This means Harris Carter JIS and Johnny Walker as our presumed top four corners. That's as good a top four CBS I've seen at UND in a LONG time. Throw in our stud Edina recruit and were lookin pretty nice at corner. 

Remember when OL DL and RB were the thinnest positions on the roster? Look at what they were for us just last year. Corner was was next on the list and look at them now. Bubba is building this program up and he's not done yet. Next up WR and QB. He's the man.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

This means Harris Carter JIS and Johnny Walker as our presumed top four corners. That's as good a top four CBS I've seen at UND in a LONG time. Throw in our stud Edina recruit and were lookin pretty nice at corner. 

Remember when OL DL and RB were the thinnest positions on the roster? Look at what they were for us just last year. Corner was was next on the list and look at them now. Bubba is building this program up and he's not done yet. Next up WR and QB. He's the man.

Add Torrey Hunt to the list.   Bubba has been amazing considering this is his 3rd year.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Bubba and staff seem to have come in with an evaluation and a plan ... and are executing. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Junior, Soph, Junior, Senior...

3 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Add Torrey Hunt to the list.   Bubba has been amazing considering this is his 3rd year.

....redshirt freshman....

And Holm will be an incoming true freshman.  Sounds like Randolph will start at corner as well. 

This is all but ensures Randolph redshirts regardless of where he plays.  I also think unless Holm blows everyone away or injuries call for it, he redshirts now.  I have always thought he would play next year before this transpired.  Not necessarily a bad thing.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yes, which is great. Sticky corners are a best friend to the Bubba blitz.

Go UND!

Absolutely!!  Great secondary help is a must in the bubba system.  The front seven are a constant motion blitzing machine!  Very aggressive and in your face.  Have been and always will be!  However,  it completely leaves the corners on a island. The team to the south which is known to run down everyone's throats, has to adjust  their mojo againt und and use the NFLs 2nd overall pick to move the ball. 

When looking at unds secondary it's pretty obvious why they had issues:

2 starting cbs- true soph and true fresh 

2 safeties- first year juco and soph

6 years total experience.   Total!!

depth:

2 corners - first year fbs transfer and  true soph. 

Safeties- sen walk on and first year juco. 

6 of the top 8 guys have been with und 2 years or less.  14 total years of experience between the top 8 players in rhe secondary.   You put in perspective that a 5th yr sen has 5 years experience with a program, it only takes 3 guys to out match that total. 

Und has no problem against the run, just need experience in the secondary.     When they can get the secondary help and experience ....look out!!   Adding a fbs transfer , we finally have a senior back there! 

Things are looking a hell of a lot better!!!  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Forgot about him. Even better.

Yeah, and for a young player, I'd say he's impressed and will likely be in the top four or five corner group (even after the addition of John Walker). UND's secondary is being addressed and being addressed in a big way!

Time to start realizing the vision that Bubba has for the UND football program!

Go UND!

3 hours ago, NoDakFan said:

Anyone think we might get a night home game this season? As a student, I would love for one of the early season games to be a night game instead of the 2:00 time. 

so would I but  if it is like Saturday BSC  bball they need to get the refs out of town...seems really stupid that the refs schedule dictate the scheduling of a conference but yes a 6pm or 7pm start would be great for me.

17 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so would I but  if it is like Saturday BSC  bball they need to get the refs out of town...seems really stupid that the refs schedule dictate the scheduling of a conference but yes a 6pm or 7pm start would be great for me.

Und hockey dictates times 

14 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Hockey doesn't start until October. The reason we stopped having night games is because Dale Lennon didn't like them for some reason. I think it is time to go back to them early on in the season.

The first game (or two) of the season has been a night game (5 pm or 6 pm) for some time now, even going back to last year's Potato Bowl vs Drake at 5 pm or the two non-conference games in 2014 which both kicked off at 6 pm. 

UND's best 2016 opportunity for a night game would be the Potato Bowl vs South Dakota on September 17; well before hockey and plenty of daylight/heat left over for tailgating would make a 6 pm start doable. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The first game (or two) of the season has been a night game (5 pm or 6 pm) for some time now, even going back to last year's Potato Bowl vs Drake at 5 pm or the two non-conference games in 2014 which both kicked off at 6 pm. 

UND's best 2016 opportunity for a night game would be the Potato Bowl vs South Dakota on September 17; well before hockey and plenty of daylight/heat left over for tailgating would make a 6 pm start doable. 

the usd game neeeeeeds to be a night game