SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

My mom had a lengthy encounter with a football player today. She was running the reading bus and had a surprise volunteer. Well let's just say Tim Dulin left quite the impression. She sang his praises to me and I can say that the Tim Dulin fan club is at least one strong as of today.  His humility, work ethic, politeness, and, most of all, his enthusiasm for reading to kids completely blew her away. Hats off to Tim Dulin, and I hope this season is as successful as his first impression was with my mom.

Always good to hear reports like this.

Home start times have been released. The closest to a night game is against USD at 4 pm, which seems like a TV broadcast time to me. 

Sept. 17 South Dakota 4 p.m.

Oct. 1 Cal Poly 1 p.m.

Oct. 15 Southern Utah 1 p.m.

Oct. 29 Weber State 1 p.m.

Nov. 12 Northern Arizona 1 p.m.

Just now, northernraider said:

Home start times have been released. The closest to a night game is against USD at 4 pm, which seems like a TV broadcast time to me. 

Sept. 17 South Dakota 4 p.m.

Oct. 1 Cal Poly 1 p.m.

Oct. 15 Southern Utah 1 p.m.

Oct. 29 Weber State 1 p.m.

Nov. 12 Northern Arizona 1 p.m.

Disappointing.  I was waiting for the start times to come out to see whether I should purchase season tickets or not.  Wish there were more evening games or even earlier.  1pm is right in the heart of the day, makes it tough to get anything else done.  Guess it is TV or Single game tickets for me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I love the progression of this season's schedule. The players will have something to get them amped up almost every week:

Stony Brook: First game of the year (come out swinging like we did against WYO last season)

Typically, the biggest strides are made by teams between 1st and 2nd weeks (there are exceptions, such as last year against Drake)

Bowling Green: FBS opponent -- UND and FCS pride on the line.

USD: First home game of the year -- a chance to get the Alerus rocking on Potato Bowl against an old NCC and Great West foe.

Montana State -- First league game of the year (on the road). Leave no doubt.

Cal Poly -- Back at the Alerus Center, Poly will be looking for revenge but will find it hard to run the triple option against a stout run defense and the crowd noise.

Sac State -- Let's keep the ball rolling on the road against a team on the mend.

SUU -- Back home to take on another team in a bit of transition after a stellar 2015

ISU -- Pay back for us

Weber -- Same as above

UNC -- Got to guard against a let down against a young team with lots of talent at skill positions

NAU -- For all the marbles, hopefully, at home against QB Case Cooksus.

• Upvote 2

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but I'm hoping to make Root Sports want to rethink its decision to go with Davis at Mont. State on Nov. 12 over NAU at UND. I'm sure these things are set in stone but it would be fun to make them contemplate a move. :D

4 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but I'm hoping to make Root Sports want to rethink its decision to go with Davis at Mont. State on Nov. 12 over NAU at UND. I'm sure these things are set in stone but it would be fun to make them contemplate a move. :D

It'd be fun, but I also like having the games available on cable in North Dakota.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

think someone at und could explain the reasoning behind all these stupid 1pm games??? jayson?

I prefer the 1:00pm starts.  It's a time zone advantage for the team and I get to watch the best FBS games as a fan.   

4 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Manitoba is that weekend

I stand corrected.   All hockey.  Bubba at least got a 4pm for the sd game.   Und football have major issues to ever schedule night games.   It will always be 1 unless hockey is on a bye or it's early in the season 

Edited by Longtime fan

4 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I stand corrected.   All hockey.  Bubba at least got a 4pm for the sd game.   Und football have major issues to ever schedule night games.   It will always be 1 unless hockey is on a bye or it's early in the season 

sat oct 29th...no reason there can't be a night game.

21 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

1pm games are tough...i drive 400 miles with wife and daughter.  Means leaving damn early.

In a selfish way, I like the 1 pm game because its when my kids go down for nap. On the other hand, it makes getting yard work/house work/etc. difficult to get done.

13 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Pretty similar to last year. I believe they had a 4pm start for the Drake game last season. Otherwise all 1pm I think

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

Disappointing.  I was waiting for the start times to come out to see whether I should purchase season tickets or not.  Wish there were more evening games or even earlier.  1pm is right in the heart of the day, makes it tough to get anything else done.  Guess it is TV or Single game tickets for me.

Agree, also.

In 2001, the first year indoors, we had night games pretty much the entire month of September. Sometimes, they were on a Friday night instead of Saturday night. And they were a lot of fun.

Hockey doesn't start until October, so there is no excuse not to do this again. Highlighting the FB program in the evening when no other sports are playing would help Bubba build the program. But I suppose it just makes too much sense. :silly:

• Upvote 2