SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

Basically has us losing all away games with the exception of squeaking one out against Northern Colorado.  All home games as Ws.  Interesting.

4 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Just for fun.  here is a simulator results for our season.  6-5.   Sure glad we get to play the games.

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_dreamseason

5 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Basically has us losing all away games with the exception of squeaking one out against Northern Colorado.  All home games as Ws.  Interesting.

Yeah I don't see us laying an egg in the away games at Idaho State and Sac. 

I found you can simulate 100 for each opponent.  So I did that and we have 4-7 season.  beating only Sac St, Idaho St, Weber St. and N Colo.  I have no Idea what the input values are but the output values on the field for real will be quite different.

6 hours ago, dmksioux said:

Strange, I did the same simulator and it has us at 7-4.  Then I ran it again and ended up at 5-6.  Both times advancing to the playoffs...

5-6 makes the playoffs?

I don't have much confidence in this simulator.

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Did they cgi Ratelle's arms onto Santiago here?! Looking YUGE!

Although there is some trick photography there - I'm sure, let's not forget that John Santiago was only a true freshman last season and he hadn't even participated in a single season of college weights yet. I wouldn't doubt Santiago has put on some decent muscle for 2016 while yet maintaining his speed and quickness. Watch out Big Sky Conference.... 

The running back corps is going to be deep and talented, barring injuries, with Santiago, Brady Oliveira, Oscar Nevermann, and even Austin Gordon. Major offensive question mark still lies with the offensive line, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

Tom Miller posted the pre-fall two-deep roster:

depthchart

A few interesting things including Johnson starting over Greely.....

Isn't Greely coming off of an injury? that could be why, for now. Or Johnson has just been putting in the work. Either way, it sounds like we have a legit 1-2, regardless of order.

depthchart

Noticeable that Alex Reed isn't listed on here, given how much praise he has received lately. On these boards, he has even been listed above Georges in some scenarios.

depthchart

We are going to be pretty solid at safety this season. We will be absolutely stacked next year. Watch out Utah ;) !

12 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Noticeable that Alex Reed isn't listed on here, given how much praise he has received lately. On these boards, he has even been listed above Georges in some scenarios.

Noticed that, also.  He is still on the roster, though.

Also notice that Brandon Miller isn't on the two-deep.  Obviously, there will be changes, though, as we go through fall camp, especially with a great crop of freshmen coming in.

Also, great news that Grady is back on the team, according to Miller, although I still don't see him on the roster.

11 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Isn't Greely coming off of an injury? that could be why, for now. Or Johnson has just been putting in the work. Either way, it sounds like we have a legit 1-2, regardless of order.

Noah Johnson played very well last year; he received all-conference Big Sky honors. The D-line looks very good in terms of the depth chart; the 2-deep and beyond can play some quality ball. Really excited to see Bubba Ball with the very high quality D-line play that is possible in 2016.