SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

14 minutes ago, hky said:

I say they sell a certain number of spots.  And those people who have paid for the season get in earlier to claim spots on a first come, first served basis. 

I like this idea.  The people that want to be there early to tailgate, will be there when the gates open, or even before.  Let the people that want to be there to tailgate for several hours all be together instead of all spread out.  If you have a tailgate spot and can't make it one week to tailgate, that;s fine.  You still get your spot.  But it will be in the back of the tailgate lot.  You can come late, still have a spot, and you will be parked towards the back so you have an easier time getting out.  Plus, the people that are tailgating for several hours and are diehard tailgaters can all be together close to the Alerus.

Sounds like a win win win win win situation to me!!

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I like this idea.  The people that want to be there early to tailgate, will be there when the gates open, or even before.  Let the people that want to be there to tailgate for several hours all be together instead of all spread out.  If you have a tailgate spot and can't make it one week to tailgate, that;s fine.  You still get your spot.  But it will be in the back of the tailgate lot.  You can come late, still have a spot, and you will be parked towards the back so you have an easier time getting out.  Plus, the people that are tailgating for several hours and are diehard tailgaters can all be together close to the Alerus.

Sounds like a win win win win win situation to me!!

They then need to continue the tailgating inside.  Alerus needs to make the west side general admission.   I have heard many peolple mention that they have to much fun tailgating as a group then are separated once they enter do to their designated seating.    Make the west side a group tailgating experience.  Students would enjoy it as well.  The memorial east side was general admission and a BLAST!  

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, CMSioux said:

We've had threads on this before. No reason to allow people to reserve tailgating spots and then never show up - happens every year. Huge empty gaps in the lot between sites and the excuse we hear is "They paid their money they get their spot" well if they never use it they should be moved further out. They need to get people more excited about tailgating - shake it up, loosen the rules, offer incentives. As far as no Champions Club tent for the last game that is on the members of the Champions Club - a majority in attendance are over age 70 and don't want to be outside in a tent in November when the temperature drops - I understand why they don't have a tent when less than a dozen show up (they move it inside for the last game). It only costs about $130 bucks to get started in the Champions Club the benefits easily surpass the cost. 

The Champions Club moves inside to Playmakers the last game of the year and it is packed but I agree that it should remain outside.  That is where the tailgating belongs regardless of the weather.  Rain, snow, sun or cold, I will be tailgating!  Can't wait for the season to start and hope we can fill the Alerus this year!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Anybody else really want to beat the piss out USD (mainly Bob Nielson) when they come?

Idaho state is the team on that list for me.  Their AD showed a total lack of respect in not getting us in the playoffs.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

Idaho state is the team on that list for me.  Their AD showed a total lack of respect in not getting us in the playoffs.

....maybe he knew how bad his own football team was...and then remembered the one D1 team they beat. ;) 

• Downvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:17 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

There was no Champions Club tent setup and the attendance was piss poor.

As already stated, they do the final tailgate event indoors. It has been that way for at least 4-5 years, if not longer.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 6:34 AM, CMSioux said:

We've had threads on this before. No reason to allow people to reserve tailgating spots and then never show up - happens every year. Huge empty gaps in the lot between sites and the excuse we hear is "They paid their money they get their spot" well if they never use it they should be moved further out. They need to get people more excited about tailgating - shake it up, loosen the rules, offer incentives.

When renewing my tailgating spots, I talked with them about these exact things. They are aware and continue to try to figure out ways to fix it and make tailgating improve overall. I volunteered my suggestions and they weren't things that hadn't been thought of. The main thing is for the team to continue to its forward progression to get more people out there. As for loosening the rules, I'm not sure what they could do different. We've had zero issues with anything we've done and the rules are quite lenient. Incentives are interesting but I'm not sure what you would be able to do outside of some sort of "attendance" type thing for being there by a certain time and actually using your spots to tailgate instead of park.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I love how you sit in the shadows, and just wait for the opportunity to get a slightly negative post in against UND.    Maybe if an NDSU player hadn't dove at the back of our players legs and broken it, we wouldn't have been quite as depleted in the secondary that game. 

Someone just yesterday at the Park River golf event spoke about that game.  He said if we had Cole that game, we win.  I assume the same about Arnell, but his leg had screws and plates in it at that time.......

13 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Someone just yesterday at the Park River golf event spoke about that game.  He said if we had Cole that game, we win.  I assume the same about Arnell, but his leg had screws and plates in it at that time.......

Totally agree, if we had at least one of those guys in there for that game I think we hang on and win.  With both of those guys out there was such a huge huge dropoff between them and the backups.  If Keaton should happen to go down for a couple of games again this year, hopefully more depth and experience all the way around in the secondary will prevent teams from being able to just chuck it up down field and make big plays if our offense is sputtering.  We need to be able to beat average or poor teams if Keaton goes out for a while, last year we just couldn't do it with the safeties out and poor cornerback play. 

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

Its so easy to forget about Arnell, since he was hurt so early. Was it ever determined if he got the medical redshirt? If so, he'll only be a junior, correct?

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

True. 

Having a healthy #8 all season in 2016 along with Arnell, Palmborg, and hopefully capable true freshmen at safety will be much needed to combat the pass happy Big Sky Conference. Cole Reyes is an absolute must for this defense; true All American candidate. 

14 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Post on Montana State's message board seems to indicate that John Walker, grad transfer student out of U of Colorado, wasn't able to transfer into their grad program and appears to be headed to UND instead. His twitter would seem to verify that is the case.

Well, it is the political season, nice spin Bozeman City Kitties!!

• Upvote 1