SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

I know I'm not the center of the universe . . . so the 1pm start time isn't something that I really want changed.  Just for me, it's at the time of day where i either have to get up damn early to drive that morning, or drive later at night to get home that night.  We usually get up early and head up that morning (wife works friday nights), and get a hotel on saturday night (which really sucks when there is a hockey game . . . price go up and availability goes down).

But it's always a good time!

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

See you Sept 24th 

What a d-bag! Seriously, if you wanted to go to MSU, then choose MSU over UND. I can understand that. Don't commit to a program then flip it two weeks later. Thats a d-bag move. Zero respect for this kid, and I hope UND makes him look ridiculous when we play him. I have a lot of tolerance for kids in this age group, and how they make decision, but this is just stupid. You're a graduate transfer. Time to grow up and own your decisions.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

See you Sept 24th 

What the hell?

I'd imagine the graduate school application process eventually worked out for him at Montana State, but still no reason to go around flirting with UND football. 

Like everyone else, I hope UND goes into Bozeman on September 24th and beats the crap out of the rebuilding kitties. Last season's game was exciting too, with the strange postgame comments and all. This could be developing into a basic rivalry of sorts.

Go UND!

• Upvote 2

I'd be careful bashing the kid on this one until I knew answers to some questions. 

I'd ask questions like: how fast did the athletics department administration expedite the process?  How did the graduate school application and process play out?  Was the ball dropped by either entity at any time?  Maybe start with the SWA and go from there?

Just spitballin' here...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

I'd be careful bashing the kid on this one until I knew answers to some questions. 

I'd ask questions like: how fast did the athletics department administration expedite the process?  How did the graduate school application and process play out?  Was the ball dropped by either entity at any time?  Maybe start with the SWA and go from there?

Just spitballin' here...

I agree 100%

Unfortunate as he would have been pushing for the starting spot opposite D. Harris, but it is what it is.  I haven't heard of any other potential drop downs as of yet, but I'm sure if there are any out there that fit what we need that the coaches will be in contact.

27 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Just spitballin' here...

If was even a chance in his mind that he was still hoping to go to MSU then he shouldn't have committed to coming to UND. Let the situation play out with MSU, then make a decision. Remember this isn't a 17 year old kid, this is a guy who, if he wasn't going to grad school, would be joining the work force. Time to put on the big boy pants and own your decisions.

Hope we smoke them in September, and yes, I hope santiago and clive burn this guy a few times. Anyone know if there are any other transfer potential the coaches are looking at?

22 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

If was even a chance in his mind that he was still hoping to go to MSU then he shouldn't have committed to coming to UND. Let the situation play out with MSU, then make a decision. Remember this isn't a 17 year old kid, this is a guy who, if he wasn't going to grad school, would be joining the work force. Time to put on the big boy pants and own your decisions.

Hope we smoke them in September, and yes, I hope santiago and clive burn this guy a few times. Anyone know if there are any other transfer potential the coaches are looking at?

Maybe go back and read my original post.  Then read it again.  Then read the white space between the sentences.

2 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Just spitballin' here...

Agree, yet its still surprising news and I don't like it ...

2 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Just spitballin' here...

How fast?  Not fast enough is the answer.  We had our chance and administratively blew it, reading between the lines.

11 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

How fast?  Not fast enough is the answer.  We had our chance and administratively blew it, reading between the lines.

So Faison's people were too busy ensuring the enrollment of new women's hockey players or something?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sounds about right. Good ol' modern North Dakota athletics ... hockey hockey hockey !!!

This is Hockey's fault only inside of your head.  There is absolutely NO evidence that either the Athletic Department screwed up or that if they did it was because they only like Hockey.  Your need to drag down the most successful program on campus is pathetic. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

So Faison's people were too busy ensuring the enrollment of new women's hockey players or something?

maybe faison just skimmed his app and thought it was some rich guy in minny offering money for the baseball program?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sounds about right. Good ol' modern North Dakota athletics ... hockey hockey hockey !!!

You sure do like to bash hockey.  If I didn't like football as well as I do,  I'd stay away to avoid running into fans like you. 

7 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Not good news.  However,  I have mentioned my man crush on Torrey hunt and truly believe he has all American potential.  Und will be better served working with a talented freshman that has 4 more years over some 1 and done that obviously did not want to be here.  

Not quite sure how he'd feel about that! LOL!!:)