SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

I renewed my tailgating spots and about to renew my season tickets.  This team will be so much fun to watch.  September can not get here fast enough.  I have checked the MSU fan board to see how they are doing with there new coach.  Quite a few of theirs fans still don't believe UND will be a force this year.  Santiago will rip them to shreds.  Last year I believe both Santiago and Oliviera had a 100 yards rushing.  #Leavenodoubt.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

I renewed my tailgating spots and about to renew my season tickets.  This team will be so much fun to watch.  September can not get here fast enough.  I have checked the MSU fan board to see how they are doing with there new coach.  Quite a few of theirs fans still don't believe UND will be a force this year.  Santiago will rip them to shreds.  Last year I believe both Santiago and Oliviera had a 100 yards rushing.  #Leavenodoubt.

Yeah our running backs made their defense look silly last year. They also have a new QB so that is a question. I say let their fans think they are superior. 

Edit- So did WR Clive Georges

• Upvote 2

I know nothing about MSU's new coach but it is amazing how the right staff can change the entire attitude of a team.   It will be a fun game I'm sure.  I would like to take in a game in Bozeman.  Maybe this will be the year.  

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Yeah our running backs made their defense look silly last year. They also have a new QB so that is a question. I say let their fans think they are superior. 

Edit- So did WR Clive Georges

Isn't their new QB a former starter for Boise State?

3 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

UND is a top 3 favorite to win the conference this season, in my opinion. Bubba has UND football finally believing in big things at the DI level! About time!

The September game in Bozeman is the road game I am going to try get to this season. UND beat Montana State in Grand Forks last season, so now its time to complete the sweep and get the win in Bozeman. UND should be able to still run on them pretty good, and with a new QB for Montana State, hopefully the bubba blitz gets after their offense pretty good also.

GO UND! LETS GO HAWKS!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I think you know more about this that I as I have not been able to do any reading on their situation. I just threw that in there because there will be a new QB learning their system and we play them relatively early on so I imagine there will still be a few kinks to work out at that point.

4 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Montana State's projected QB for 2016 is Tyler Bruggman. I think UND can get after him pretty good and hold their offense down. I expect UND to win this game, especially if they play well to start the season on the road vs Stony Brook and Bowling Green. 

Bruggman was at Washington State in 2013, Louisville in 2014, and Scottsdale Comminity College (AZ) in 2015. 

http://www.msubobcats.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3287&path=football

http://www.msubobcats.com/news/2016/1/10/FB_0110162822.aspx?path=football

• Upvote 1

ok I will lead off

so long Santiago.  1200 rush   2000 All purpose.  less rushing this year much more receiving and hopefully very little special teams.

never go for the ankles on Neverman  500 rushing.     725 all purpose

Canadian bowling ball with wiggle. Oliveira.  450 rushing. 600 all purpose

Flash Gordon.  rookie    200 rushing. 375 all purpose

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

ok I will lead off

so long Santiago.  1200 rush   2000 All purpose.  less rushing this year much more receiving and hopefully very little special teams.

never go for the ankles on Neverman  500 rushing.     725 all purpose

Canadian bowling bowl with wiggle. Oliveira.  450 rushing. 600 all purpose

Flash Gordon.  rookie    200 rushing. 375 all purpose

My thoughts exactly of everything.  

Santiago will have less rushing yards and tds but will be big, no, huge on receiving.  

More of a committee this year in the backfield.

Neverman looks real good and brady is fully healed from his injury. Both will impress.  

Really like the way Gordon runs.  He could be a weapon on special teams this year and get some looks on offense. Being the #4 guy doesn't get a player to many looks but he is dynamic.  

Big question mark is the o line.  Can they gel quickly?    They have talent but lack experience.  Calling Grady 

22 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Like Oliveira?

We are expecting big things from our 3 Canadians.  Bennet and Carter along with Oliveira.  

We had NLI's from an OT and ILB, too, Canadians, both studs, but both never followed through with their NLI's.  I think that's the risk with Canadians, they can stay in Canada and the NCAA can't touch them for breaking their NLI's.  

We also have a Swede and a Dutchman, both will play this year.

Our current staff brought all these guys in, and reach out further across the U.S., too than previous staff.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Just making a list like this shows we are gaining relevancy again. It was nice to see. Also, you have to know NDSU will be on this list the most...5 in a row will do that for you.

And as much as I get sick of hearing about the MVFC, they do have some really good teams, which makes for some really good matchups. Can't really knock that too much.

• Upvote 1