SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoff Selection Show Thread

cowboys5xsbs

arguing the irony of NDSU fans taking the time to come to this board telling is our FBS win this year doesn't count for anything based on record of opponent.  

The real irony is fans on this board discounting every NDSU FBS win (even the K-State win) and trumpeting the UND win over a Wyoming team that is quite possibly the worst FBS team in the country this year. Fans on this board have been talking for years about how NDSU just knows how to schedule FBS teams at their weakest point and those wins mean nothing.

• Downvote 9

The real irony is fans on this board discounting every NDSU FBS win (even the K-State win) and trumpeting the UND win over a Wyoming team that is quite possibly the worst FBS team in the country this year. Fans on this board have been talking for years about how NDSU just knows how to schedule FBS teams at their weakest point and those wins mean nothing.

So you only see the irony on one side but not the other? And almost everyone has said the K-State win was good but you must have glossed over it but as a Fargo U fan, you have the need to find a slight in everything, real or perceived.:silly:

The sad part is, you are seeking out comments on a UND message board to do it. I doubt that there is are many UND fans spending their time on a rival's message board.  

• Upvote 2

Why you and your alumni buddy is still able to post here and not be banned for trolling is really amazing.

UND has improved by 2 games each of Bubba's two seasons (2013 to 2014: 3-8 to 5-7; 2014 to 2015: 5-7 to 7-4). I definitely expect another 2 game improvement next season (9-2 or better), primarily due to the number of retuning players, improved depth, and quality offseason training in the HPC. 

NDSU dumbshits can gripe all they want, but I'm unbelievably proud of what Bubba has going on here at UND in such a short time. UND football is back and UND is definitely my favorite to win the Big Sky Conference in 2016.

Actually, I Would say UND's Wyoming win is similar to NDSU's Kansas, Ball State and maybe Colorado State wins. But no most UND fans did not give NDSU any credit for those wins. 

I agree UND should have been selected in front of EIU, but I don't think it is the biggest slight in the history of the D1-AA playoff selection. They put themselves in the position of being one of the last one orbtwo in or one of the last one or two out. From there it is a crap shoot.

You need to win at least 8 games next year to take it out of the comittees hands. And looking at your schedule, the only possible losses are Bowling Green, Southern Utah and Northern Arizona, and the last two of those are at home. You should not have more than 2 losses on the schedule next year. The top 3 schools in the BSC (UM, EW and Port St) are not on the schedule. You better not have 4 losses with that schedule, or you may be left out again.

• Downvote 3

Actually, I Would say UND's Wyoming win is similar to NDSU's Kansas, Ball State and maybe Colorado State wins. But no most UND fans did not give NDSU any credit for those wins. 

I agree UND should have been selected in front of EIU, but I don't think it is the biggest slight in the history of the D1-AA playoff selection. They put themselves in the position of being one of the last one orbtwo in or one of the last one or two out. From there it is a crap shoot.

You need to win at least 8 games next year to take it out of the comittees hands. And looking at your schedule, the only possible losses are Bowling Green, Southern Utah and Northern Arizona, and the last two of those are at home. You should not have more than 2 losses on the schedule next year. The top 3 schools in the BSC (UM, EW and Port St) are not on the schedule. You better not have 4 losses with that schedule, or you may be left out again.

You just can't help yourself can you? You are lying about UND fans not giving credit for the good FBS wins. When your team beat Kansas I remember being impressed with that win. I also recall MOST here sharing the same sentiment. That doesn't mean most were happy about it, but liking something and having respect are two very different things.

Good Morning captain obvious. Yes, UND's win against Wyoming was similar to most of the NDSU's FBS wins (minus the K State win).

Yes, UND should've been selected for the playoffs this year and no not the worst oversight by the committee ever 

Yes, if UND wins 8 games next year that gives them a better shot at making the playoffs compared to 7 wins. 

Did you know that bannana's are yellow, tomatoes are red and your post on this forum are as wanted as hernia surgery? 

I had hernia surgery last year. Felt much better afterward, so I guess some hernia surgeries are wanted. Some bananas and tomatoes are green. 

Point proven. The only FBS win counted as a good FBS win by Sioux fans is the K-State win. 

I had hernia surgery last year. Felt much better afterward, so I guess some hernia surgeries are wanted. Some bananas and tomatoes are green. 

Point proven. The only FBS win counted as a good FBS win by Sioux fans is the K-State win. 

You're welcome.  Catch ya on the flip side.

Not even sure how to respond to your first paragraph. All FBS wins are qaility wins by FCS teams but not all are good wins. UND doesn't have a good FBS win yet and NDSU has one. 

Not even sure how to respond to your first paragraph. All FBS wins are qaility wins by FCS teams but not all are good wins. UND doesn't have a good FBS win yet and NDSU has one. 

I'm of the opinion that every FBS win by an FCS team is a great win. 22 more scholarships is a HUGE advantage, not to mention the larger budgets to pay a coaching staff much more at that level.

On your second point, if we are breaking it down into good FBS teams and bad FBS teams, I would argue that NDSU has 2 wins over good FBS teams. K-State and Central Michigan in 2007. They were the MAC champions and NDSU absolutely destroyed them.

NDSU didn't need to thump their chest about beating a crappy FBS team in order to say "this is why we should be playoff eligible". You can argue that the 2010 team might have got in due to beating Kansas, but they had several wins over ranked teams that year and were never blown out.

UND looked like a high school team against NDSU and Montana. They also played a relatively weak schedule. They were obviously not a slam dunk playoff team. You can say EIU did not deserve it. I'll give you that. With that being said WIU is definitely a better team than UND. They did not have a single cupcake Drake type team , which UND had, in order to get to 7 wins. They had a significantly harder schedule and beat 3 playoff teams.

• Downvote 6

NDSU didn't need to thump their chest about beating a crappy FBS team in order to say "this is why we should be playoff eligible". You can argue that the 2010 team might have got in due to beating Kansas, but they had several wins over ranked teams that year and were never blown out.

ndac looked like a high school team against usd and Montana. They also played a relatively weak schedule. They were obviously not a slam dunk playoff team. You can say EIU did not deserve it. I'll give you that. With that being said WIU is definitely a better team than UND. They did not have a single cupcake Drake type team , which UND had, in order to get to 7 wins. They had a significantly harder schedule and beat 3 playoff teams.