SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoff Selection Show Thread

cowboys5xsbs

Bison fans have a very short memory over the quality of some of their FBS wins.  For years they have been very proud of some of the crap wins they had.  They have selective memory.   They rebuilt their program largely because of some of those  garbage wins.

• Upvote 2

Dear 2011BisonAlumni*, 

Don't believe UND fans; believe your own waterboys**. 

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-breaking-down-the-bracket//#comments-button

Listen from 2:40-3:00 and 3:53-4:20. They'll say what you're reading here, so, please, get your group on message first before telling UND fans we're wrong to feel wronged. 

*Is that a count of how many of you use that account, or not understanding the plural of alumnus? 

**That's what you call someone who carries water for you. 

Edited by The Sicatoka

Beat any P5 conference team and get back to me. NDSU vs P5 conference teams is 5-2. 

And the combined record of the teams that NDSU beat was 17-44. Exclude the Kansas State win (which was impressive and no one is arguing that) and the other 4 teams are 9-39, which is an average record of 2-10.

The record of the two they lost to was a much more impressive 11-14.

Beat any P5 conference team and get back to me. NDSU vs P5 conference teams is 5-2.

Ha!!!  Again very funny. Those "p5" wins were against garbage!!  Combined 9-39 records..... Impressive???  Kansas?  Perennial dweller.  Minnesota when you played them, they were complete garbage.  Kill has recently has changed that.  Iowa st?? Ok!??  If you call those "nice" wins because they're p5, congrats!?!!?  And you lost to a non p5 wyoming.  Ha

There are 43 teams in the FCS who have a higher Sagarin rating than Wyoming. There are also only 7 FBS teams rated lower than Wyoming. Keep calling it a quality win all you want, but it wasn't. Wyoming is garbage and would not be a playoff team in the FCS. If you open your eyes and see it how it really is, UND had 1quality win in PSU. They were absolutely blown out by the two other playoff teams they faced, Montana and NDSU, and were beat by two other weak teams. Nothing about that screams playoff team to me.

The FCS playoffs have become too watered down when we have to debate whether a mediocre UND team was playoff worthy. They weren't, and neither was WIU and EIU.  The playoffs should maybe be 16 teams max.

UND dealt with key injuries early in the season (insert the cheap shot on Zach Arnell here thanks to the Bison) and had gotten things sorted out toward the latter part of the season with the return of Reyes, Georges and Studs. Its not how you start; its how you finish. This UND team had bounced back and was rolling in spite of blowout and tough 4th qtr losses earlier in the season. This team developed mental toughness and resolve that will continue into next year. The committee got it wrong  plain and simple.  

• Upvote 1

Ha!!!  Again very funny. Those "p5" wins were against garbage!!  Combined 9-39 records..... Impressive???  Kansas?  Perennial dweller.  Minnesota when you played them, they were complete garbage.  Kill has recently has changed that.  Iowa st?? Ok!??  If you call those "nice" wins because they're p5, congrats!?!!?  And you lost to a non p5 wyoming.  Ha

I know I have heard it before. NDSU just knows how to schedule garbage FBS teams that have an entirely new roster. Not everybody can have a win against a Wyoming team with 3/4 of their roster freshmen on their resume as their "signature win".

By the way, I'm sure Iowa will be losing all 22 starters this year so when the Bison play a respectable game against them next year they planned it that way. And in 2020 when they play Oregon, they will have an entirely new roster. 

Out of those 7 games NDSU has one impressive over Kanas State. That K State team would've been a top FCS school that year. None of the other 6 teams you played out of that 5-2 record would've made the FCS playoffs. I'm going to agree with you guys, UND's win over Wyoming shouldn't count for much. A win over a crappy FBS team doesn't mean a heck of a lot. Wins over FCS playoff caliber teams is what should matter. So, if you morons want to come on here and tell us how crappy an FBS win over Wyoming is and that we shouldn't whine about not making the playoffs. I don't want to hear about 5-2 and how great your record is over P5 schools is. You want to brag about K State go ahead it was a great win you had, two years ago. This forum and the people who post on it are looking to the future. You want to live in the past, that's fine. In two years we'll check you out in our rear view mirror. 

• Upvote 4

I know I have heard it before. NDSU just knows how to schedule garbage FBS teams that have an entirely new roster. Not everybody can have a win against a Wyoming team with 3/4 of their roster freshmen on their resume as their "signature win".

By the way, I'm sure Iowa will be losing all 22 starters this year so when the Bison play a respectable game against them next year they planned it that way. And in 2020 when they play Oregon, they will have an entirely new roster.  

so Wyoming has 80 freshmen on their roster? 

ndsu has one nice fbs win .... Kansas st... That's it!!!  And your right, ndsu did catch them in the their first game with an entirely new roster.  Also,  Unds roster is mostly freshmen and true sophomores, just like wyoming.  Unds true freshman tore up wyoming!   In fact, the score of the that game doesn't indicate how easy und manhandled them.  Very one sided.   So you have any other nonsense to bring to to this board???  Actually one more question... why are you even here????

• Upvote 1

Lets recap:

2014: NDSU fans " you guys have zero FBS wins, we are 5-2 against the FBS"

2015: NDSU fans " your win is against a crappy FBS team and doesn't count, it's not against p5 powerhouses Minnesota, Iowa State and Kansas"

Can't wait to see how the years of the bar rasing goes. 

Lets recap:

2014: NDSU fans " you guys have zero FBS wins, we are 5-2 against the FBS"

2015: NDSU fans " your win is against a crappy FBS team and doesn't count, it's not against p5 powerhouses Minnesota, Iowa State and Kansas"

Can't wait to see how the years of the bar rasing goes. 

Actually NDSU's record against FBS teams is 8-3, 5-2 against P5 conference schools, but who is counting? 

ndsu has one nice fbs win .... Kansas st... That's it!!!  And your right, ndsu did catch them in the their first game with an entirely new roster.  Also,  Unds roster is mostly freshmen and true sophomores, just like wyoming.  Unds true freshman tore up wyoming!   In fact, the score of the that game doesn't indicate how easy und manhandled them.  Very one sided.   So you have any other nonsense to bring to to this board???  Actually one more question... why are you even here????

I just know it wasn't quite as easy as NDSU manhandled their opponent in the Fargodome on Sept 19th.:cool: